Chapter 3: New Home

“Where are we going? We’re going to my new home right? I thought you were going to find me a place to live.” Said Bone as they arrived back at the flower shop. There was a roaring fire that filled the whole shop.

John hung up his cloak up right next to it to dry. He never took off his turban. Granny had bowls of hot soup ready for them when they arrived. John just sat down lifting his turban to eat, but never taking it off.

“How was your day with the officers?” Asked granny as John just continued to eat. “I take it went well. Now why don’t you sit down and eat Bone.

You can’t go anywhere until I fatten you up. I also took the liberty of making you a coat so you won’t have to hide under the street prince’s while you’re in the rain.”

Bone inhaled his food after thanking granny for the new coat. He asked, “When can we leave John?”

“Oh, so the Street Prince has a name? Who was the lucky one who got you to spill your soul?” Asked granny very interested. John just looked up at them, then stood to put his dishes in the sink.

“Must be someone he really likes to get him to give up his name. Now you mustn’t go around saying his name Bone. We are two of maybe three who have ever heard it.

We must call him the street prince if we are in public. In private we can call him John. If he doesn’t want people to know his name then let it be. Everyone has a secret or two. John just has more mysterious and possibly more dangerous/deadly secrets than anyone else.”

“Yes, Granny, but I need to know...When are we leaving? Where are we going? I need to know. I want to go home; my real home.” Bone was looked expectantly at John.

John was sitting by the fire throughout the conversation. Just carving another wolf pendant, exactly like the prince’s. He put it on a chain then handed it to Bone. Then got his cloak and grabbed Granny’s coat as well.

“Oh, do I get to join you on your stroll? While I’ll be honored.” Granny put on her jacket and held out her arm for John to escort her. He lead her through the shop and to the door. He only paused to pick up a string package that Bone did not see when they entered.

Bone had grabbed his new cloak, passed them, and was holding the door for them to leave. “What gentle men. If I didn’t know better I’d say you were born into noble families.” John walked them up the street.

“This is close to the old pub that mommy worked at. I recognize the shops.” Bone commented as they passed a sewing shop. “Hey this is it. This is the pub.” They were outside of the pub, which John had taken the owner from.

“It’s called the Pirates Inn and bar. What a cute little name. To bad that such an offal man owns it. I wonder what will happen to it? Will they destroy it?” Asked Granny.

“Hey you there! What do you think you are doing outside this place?” It was an officer, who walked up to them.

“This place is off-limits to civilians. Only the new owner and staff are allowed in here.” John pulled out the papers he received at the inner gates, holding them out for the officer to read.

“Sorry sir, I didn’t realize you were the owner. Have a good day.” He left in a hurry.

“You bought this? When did you buy it? Since when did you have the money to pay for it? I thought you were the street prince and had no money?” Asked Granny. John held out the papers for her to read out loud.

“In gratitude for the public service for capturing and killing a terrorist, drug lord, defending the public by reporting a corrupt officer, providing witness, that’s you Bone, to testify the events earlier stated conspired and for solving an open murder investigation, the following are now given in recognition to the one by the name of The Street Prince.