Chapter 2: The Name of Revenge

Before Prince Edward’s travels were interrupted, the pub owner sat in his office talking to an over dressed official. He was smiling at the bag of cash on the owner’s desk. His beady black eyes were weighing his options carefully as the officer fanned the money in his hands.

“Now I’m very sad that one of my employees got drunk and fell into the gutters to die. If your investigation continued on it would cause much trouble for my business.” The owner’s voice was sly with a tint of arrogance. He was fiddling with Bone’s mother’s ring in his hands before tucking it away in his coat pocket.

“There is also some of my products along with my gratitude if you were to declare the case closed.” The officer’s eyes alight, dug deeper into the bag and saw at the bottom were some illegal drugs.

“Consider the case closed.” The officer said with the snap of the bag. Unknown to the men the street prince was sitting on the beams right above their heads. He flipped down taking the officers by surprise.

He spun on the desk kicking him in the face. As he fell the street prince caught the bag of drugs and cash turning to the owner. The owner flinched as he came closer.

“Don’t kill me! I’ll give you whatever you want! Money? Drugs? Women? Name it and it’s yours!” He spoke in a panic, but his hand was steady, reaching for a concealed gun under the desk. The street prince reached over and plucked the ring from the man’s pocket.

He then turned to leave. “DIE SCUM!” The owner shot at him, missing as he flipped over him, shooting the officer instead. He crumpled to the ground dead.

The street prince pulled out his Khanjar knife that he had concealed aimed at the owner’s throat. He signaled the owner to stand and walk out of the office with him. Knife in the owners back lead, while his other hand grabbed the bribe still on his desk.

Before they left the office, the street prince made the owner pick up the officer’s body and carry it out. They arrived at the back of the bar walking by and no one stopped them. To the right was the gutter where he threw Bone’s mother. To the left was a cliff.

It gave a beautiful view of the outer city. He turned facing the street prince. He kicked the owner, still holding the body, off the cliff. John soon followed. They bounced off an awning. John grabbed a clothesline to swing himself and the screaming owner, who was holding onto the dead officer for dear life.

They swung through the trees and land on a moving carriage. Kicking the owner off the carriage and jumped off himself, John started to hull the owner to his feet. Guards came shouting at them to surrender. The owner took this as a chance to escape the street prince.

“Oh, thank god, you’ve saved me!” The owner cried. “This man came in and attacked me and this poor officer in my pub.

He stole that money from me and I believe he is the same man who killed that poor girl who died in the gutters. I had called the officer to report my suspicions and he killed him!” Pointing to the street prince the owner continued to shout! “Arrest him at once!”

The street prince did not pay the guards any attention, nor did his blank expression change. He just picked up the bag filled with drugs and dumped out all of the contents, drugs and all.

“I came to report a murder, drug trafficking, and bribing of an officer. I did not realize that someone was using the inner wall at this time. Everyone should have been at the party by now.” His voice was impassively musical, but there was a coarseness caused by his turban covering his face.

“I thought that this...” He said gesturing to the drugs, the officer’s body, and the pub owner. “Would be enough if not to convict him, but to cause the investigation on the death of a girl behind his pub from being closed just yet.