Chapter 18

Hey guys, welcome to chapter 18! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, I am pretty proud of it if I do say so myself :3. I have 124 reads, and I think that is amazing, and I really don't have anything to put here. I am just rambling. Anyways guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~Mitch's POV (I bet you weren't expecting that 0_0)~

I walked upstairs to my room after I finished the dishes. I felt really bad about what happened at dinner, but I didn't want Eevee going to that school anymore. I think she has gotten enough crap her entire life and she deserves to be treated better. I can't believe everyone was taking her side on this. It is too dangerous for her there.

At the top of the stairs I saw someone laying on the floor. I got closer and saw Eevee, her cheeks streaked with tears, and a mark on her door. I suppose she couldn't open it, she was asleep now though. 

I picked her up gently and lay her on her bed. I pulled the covers over her and turned her alarm clock off. I couldn't stand her being mad at me, but it was worse seeing her hurt so badly. Didn't the teachers do anything about this? I thought about what happened with Jerome when we were in school. I think through those memories... How did I not notice him being bullied? He was always smiling around me, always his same old joking self. 

I left Eevee's room and went into my own. I wish I could do something to help. I drifted off to sleep.

~Eevee's POV~

I wake up, in my bed, with y door cracked open. How did I get in here? Did I open the door? I flexed my fingers, and they are in the same condition as they were in yesterday. I look to the clock and see that it is 10. Jackie was probably jumping with joy at the sight of me gone. There was no way I was going back there now. If my life was a living Hell before this then I would be dead already.

I hop down the stairs and see everyone awake eating breakfast. It was like Saturday being home during the day. I head into the kitchen to make some waffles. I successfully get the box out of the fridge, but continue struggling on opening it.

"Need some help?" I see Mitch standing in the doorway.

"No." I put the box down flat on the counter.

"Are you sure?"

I pound my fist- wait I can't even make a fist- my hand down on the box, the pressure making it open.

"You know that you are going to need help, right?"

"Yeah, probably, but I don't want any. I can figure it out myself." I was still quite mad at him from making me stay home. 

"I'm sorry for doing this, but I can't let you go back to that school without worrying about you every second." 

"I know, and now there is no way I am going back there. If you get locked outside on the second day of getting bullied, then you give them the impression that they won, then you take that away from them, then they will never let up. They will stay at it until you break. Everyone knows it, either you jump off the edge, or kill the attacker and get sent to jail. I am not going back to that school."

"Good. What do you think about homeschooling?"

"Is anyone here really anywhere near qualified for that?" I ask.

"No, but I did talk to the district, told them what happened, and they said that they couldn't really do anything without a teacher witness, so they said that home schooling was the best option."

"Did he really say that? Why? I'm pretty sure it's not because your not teacher material." I teased him. He poked me in the stomach and I winced. That bruise was nowhere near done bruising. Mitch stopped grinning and hugged me.

"I am really sorry."

"Mitch, it's ok, really." He let go of me.

"So... homeschooling?" He looked at me anticipating my answer.

"Yes, but do you know what you are doing?"

"Pfft, no, I have the interwebs, I don't need to know what I am doing." 

"Fair enough. Can you make my waffles? I am quite hungry still." I gestured to my frozen breakfast.

Mitch just laughed and nodded.

"But then we have to go to the doctors."

"Fine..."

I could tell that this would be fun.

~Author's Note~

Ok, I think that was the last chapter, there will be an epilogue and a second book, so keep an eye out for that. I really enjoyed writing this story! I hope you all liked it, it was a blast. I think that when I show that the story is finished a lot more people will read it, because I would skim over the unfinished stories, because half of them were abandoned. Anyways guys, I hope you all enjoys this last installment of Adopted by BajanCanadian, take care.