Chapter 41 : That Day....

A/N : Hey initiates !!! Here is Chapter 41 !! I really hope you guys Enjoy this chapter !!! Sit back,Relax and Enjoy this chapter :)

Finally the moment you guys have been waiting for !!! :)

Oh btw....Tobias's story will be stretched over two chapter this one and the next because...it's just a lot !! :D

More waiting for you guys !! *evil smirk*

Anyways....Continue reading !!

Tris's POV

I look at him waiting for him to start.He looks everywhere but at me.

"I-I moved here because.....",He begins but trails off.

"I'll start by telling you about me first.Tobias Eaton.I had the perfect everything.Perfect grades,perfect friends but I didn't have a perfect family.My father who is by the way a pathetic excuse for a father always ruined everything for me",He says and takes a deep breath.

I didn't realize that it's difficult for him.To talk about his past.I place my hand on his back,assuring him.I don't know what I assured him.But it seems to have worked.

"I moved here because.....four people died....",He says and looks at me.I can feel tears pricking the back of my eyes but I don't let them fall.I just look back at him.

"The FBI held me responsible for all the four murders.So I had to escape.Run away.But that's not the truth Tris.That's not",He says.There's so much emotion in his voice.

His voice is pleading me to believe him.And I do.All the time I spend with him....made me believe that he's innocent.

"Wh-What happened....that day ?",I dare to ask.

"It was a Saturday.I had gone to apply for a job since I was tired of my last one.After I was done applying I came back home.But the house door was open.There were wine bottles on the floor.Broken.I knew they were Marcus's.And I knew that drunk Marcus meant no good.So-",He says but I cut him off.

"Marcus ?",I ask him confused.

How does Four know Marcus ?

"He is..was...my dad",He says and I open my mouth so say something but I don't.

Of course Marcus is his dad ! Marcus Eaton ! Tobias Eaton !!

"So I looked around for him.Marcus is his worst when he's drunk.I searched everywhere.Looked for signs.Then I looked at the neighboring house,The Priors.I didn't know the Priors well but I knew that...they were a family of four.Everyone loved the other in that family.They were an example of a perfect family.And that Mr and Mrs Prior had two kids....Caleb and Beatrice.Their house door was open.I didn't know if Marcus was in there but I went in anyways....and....he was there.I locked the door behind me",He says and takes a deep breath again.He looks at me.I just give him a sad smile.

"He had a gun in his hand.By the time I went in,he had shot and killed Mr and Mrs Prior.Marcus didn't see me and I didn't let him.He shot Caleb in front of me.I wish I wish I came 10 minutes early that day.....I wish....I could've saved them",He says trying not to cry.A tear makes its way onto my face and I wipe it.

"I was confused.So confused.I didn't know why Marcus shot them.Then Marcus ran upstairs screaming "Beatrice where are you ? I'm coming to kill you".Why would he want to kill her ? I don't know.But my eyes meet Caleb's.There was still little bit of life inside them.If I had come even 5 minutes earlier I could've at least saved Caleb.But I couldn't.He mouthed two words to me.Save Beatrice.And I knew.....I knew I had to save her.I prayed she wasn't upstairs.I prayed I could save one person.I prayed",He says.