Chapter 2: What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

Picture of McKenzie (Sarah Hyland) and Taylor Swift's 'Long Live' on the side!

~ McKenzie ~

Mom & Dad,

I’ve been abducted yet again for another ransom. Please know I’ll be okay;, I’ll call you when I can with the rendezvous information. I promise I’ll be safe; see you in a week.

-- McKenzie <3

“HERE!” I snapped as I threw the note I was forced to write for my parents at my captor’s chest. “Whatever, just get in the car Princess,” he snorted as he rolled his eyes. Yuck! Attitude much? That was a total turn off! “How’d you get in the neighborhood?” I asked suspiciously. “I mean, we have like a state of the art security system and everything… How’d you get past the guards and dogs?”

“I have my ways,” he smirked. And with that, I was roughly escorted by my elbow outside to his navy blue 1950’s Hudson Hornet (which was in surprisingly good shape for an old car) and pushed into the passenger seat. I turned to watch him shove my pink luggage into the trunk and climb into the car. His low cut jeans hanging off his waist and his tight white t-shirt underneath the brown leather jacket made my mouth water…

Man oh man he was hot… whoa, get a hold of yourself woman!!!

“Take a picture baby, it lasts longer,” He smirked. Wow cocky much? This was going to be a long day…

“Sooooo… how much are you ransoming me for hmmm?” I asked trying to spark some small talk into the dreary car. I quickly glanced at the dash board: 7:26PM. We had been driving for at least four hours now and he hasn’t even attempted to speak to me once. WHAT. A. DOUCHE.

“Errr can you at least tell me where we’re going?” … no comment…

“How ‘bout why you’re doing this?” … no comment…

“AT LEAST TELL ME YOUR NAME!!!” … no. freaking. comment…

“UGHH you know what?! FORGET IT!” I screamed exasperated. I pulled out my Itouch from my pocket and plugged it into his car’s built in ipod speakers.

 Long live the walls we crashed through

While the kingdom lights shined just for me and you

I was screaming, long live all the magic we made

And bring on all the pretenders, one day we will be remembered

Taylor Swift’s ‘Long Live’ dramatically poured out of the speakers at the chorus where I last left off. Smiling to myself, I swapped a peek out of the corner of my eye at “Mr. Yummalicious” (… it works for him okay? Don’t judge!)

“Taylor Swift? Really? I mean yeah she’s hot but her music is anything but catchy,” he smirked, eyes still glued on the twisting, dark road.

My mouth dropped yet again today. “OH MY GAWD YOU SPOKE TO ME!” I gasp feigning shock. Then his comment hit me; “And Don’t you DARE insult Taylor like that! We happen to know each other and she’s a sweetheart,” I snapped.

“Whatever,” he muttered again and made a sharp right turn causing me to bang my head against the window. 

I frowned and pressed my face against the cold glass.

“Are we on the outskirts of town?” I whispered, intrigued by the unfamiliar scenery. … no comment…

“HELLLOOOO?! ANYBODY HOME?” I asked again, slightly frustrated. … no comment…