Chapter 1: Its Pretty Cliché

Picture of McKenzie (Sarah Hyland) and Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream' on the side!

~ McKenzie ~

“You think I'm pretty
Without any makeup on
You think I'm funny
When I tell the punchline wrong
I know you get me
So I let my walls come down, doooowwwwnnnn”

 “uugghhh” I mumbled as I gently pulled a hot pink ear bud out of my ear; sick of all the lovely dovey songs on my ipod. I swiftly swiped the screen of my brand new iphone 4s and looked at the screensaver. It was one of those goofy pics with my ex boyfriend, Keith, and I clad in aviators and Disney hats… he was my Mickey and I was his Minnie. That picture was taken months ago on my birthday at Disneyland however we just recently broke up. I slowly stood up and stretched from the lawn chair I was lounging on near my state of the art heated pool… in my large back yard… on my private estate. If you haven’t guessed yet, yeah, I’m slightly rich. Scratch that; I’m wealthy, EXTREMELY WEALTHY!

Our 4 million dollar estate sits in a fancy gated neighborhood with constant security and watch dogs. Each room in my home was skillfully painted by Italian Artists (courtesy of my father) and the furniture is all imported. Even the petty things are important, like how all our doorknobs were crafted from Spain or the fact that our toilets are one of a kind. But its thanks to my dads job as a movie producer and my moms successful modeling career that brought us this far.                                            

Me; I’m their only daughter who spends most of her time shopping with friends and staying out passed curfew because her parents are too busy to care. Don’t get me wrong though; I’m no slut. I don’t dress like one and I definitely don’t act like one either. But you can say that I’m spoiled rotten; I have all the money a person can ask for but I’m still unhappy.

Call it cliché but I AM depressed that my parents don’t give me enough attention because they’re too preoccupied with work but hey, that’s life.

At the age of 12, I was given permission to boss our private driver around since my parents never had the time to take me anywhere. By 13, I had the entire house to myself on the weekends while my parents were on business trips and by 15, let’s just say I experienced the whole high school party drama. But let me tell you again; I’m no slut and have the brains to prove it.

I’ll be attending an Ivy League College next year…

Sighing, I picked up my towel and wrapped it around my bikini clad body as I made my way to the main house for a snack; I was freaking starving.

Along the way, I stopped in front of the floor length wall mirror in the hallway and studied my reflection. I’m pretty I guess, not drop dead gorgeous or ugly; just average. My brown hair was slightly wavy from swimming in the pool and my side bangs were pinned back. My piercing brown eyes were obscured by my ray bands and my lips were slightly chapped from lounging in the hot sun. But I was anything but shy about my body. I wasn’t the skinniest girl around but I wasn’t chubby or anything. I was... well, average!

My mom forced me into the modeling industry around the age of 14 and it was hell. I hated wearing skimpy outfits and pouting for the flashing cameras as bright lights blinded me. Nope, I’m into athletics. I may not be the best of the best on my team but staying physically active kept me in shape! No way am I going to quit sports and relive my chubby years in middle school…

Shuddering at the image of me as a middle schooler in my extremely loose jeans and baggy t-shirt, I made my way to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. As I opened the stainless steel fridge, a strong arm encircled my waist as the other went up to cover my mouth. I let out a muffled scream and thrashed against my captor’s hold. Suddenly I was thrown around and face to face with the man who assaulted me.

Man Oh Man let me tell you; my jaw dropped and crashed through the floor. He was totally hot with the whole bad boy aura going on. Tousled brown hair, piercing chocolate brown eyes, a well defined body; he was a hottie any girl would kill for. And as I stood there dumbfounded, I noticed how intense his gaze was on me and how he was still clutching my arm. I suddenly felt self conscious in my A&F bikini and matching towel, I mean really, he was most likely my age and totally drool worthy! What can I say, I’m a hormonal teenage girl!

“Pack your clothes Princess, we’re leaving,” he growled pushing me slightly towards the hallway leading to the stairs. “Make me,” I scoffed but cringed when he whipped out a shiny black gun and pointed it at my face. Whoa aggressive much?

Okay so in a perfect world under this circumstance, a normal girl would scream, run, and cry as she tried to get away from the loon in her home but in reality; I just nodded my head and went upstairs to pack a bag. I mean sure it sounds crazy but I knew what was going on; a kidnap & ransom. This happened to me at least once a month because my parents are multi millionaires, no, multi BILLIONAIRES. The process was so old to me; some old sleeze would ‘kidnap’ me, leave a note at my house, take me to some rendezvous point (which btw would most likely be some abandon warehouse on the outskirts of town), and finally make away with over a million dollars. This process usually occurred over a weekly span and frankly; bored me to tears.

This time however was different; my captor was a drool worthy teenage boy, not some yucky middle age man, and I was totally going to enjoy this week away from my boring life.