chapter 48

1 am ....

I finished watching how I met your mother all seasons, such an awesome serial but they screwed up the climax man !! Sighing I removed my headphone and kept my laptop aside. I saw the timing, it was nearly 1 am I guess manik and mukti would be back. I got up from the bed and went to muktis room but I didn't find her anywhere. Shrugging I went to maniks room only to find him wearing his night v-shape shirt.

I cleared my throat to gain his attention. After putting on his shirt he turned to have a look. Looking at me he came near me.

Come on nandini you can do it. Just ask him properly.

"When did you come" he asked standing in front of me.

"Just now" I said looking at my fingers nervousness was all over me. I didn't know how he would react if I ask him about Rishab.

"What's wrong " within seconds he recognized my nervousness.

"Where is Rishab??" I asked all of a sudden as I couldn't handle the curiosity.

His features hardened and I started getting really bad vibes.

His jaws clenched and soo did his fist. His eyes turned darker one then usually. The way his body got stiff made me gulp. Did I ask something wrong??

"How" he asked gritting his teeth. I starred at him in confusion what does he even mean by how. Was he asking how I got to know.

"I ..uh.. servants were cleaning his room that's when I got to know" I said a bit hesitant.

"I told them not too" he said gritting his teeth. He was fuming now and I didn't know why.

"They told that uncle ordered them" I said smiling nervously.

He rolled his eyes still In anger and said.

"Just go to your room and rest Nandini" he said in hard tone. I didn't like that.

"But manik why can't you talk about him, not only you no one does. Why is it so?" I asked persistently. I wanted to know.

"Just leave that matter here only, I dont want to talk about that" he said holding my arm rashly. I just don't understand why can't he just tell me.

"But he is your brother manik, I want to know why can't you just tell me" I said holding his hand which was on my arm. I know I'm testing his patients but I had enough with this secrecy thing. It's getting on my nerve now.

"Its none of your business" he shouted in anger. His eyes spitted fire.

But that line broke my heart. I felt terrible. Did I just trust him too much. This was the question I asked myself at that instant.

"None of my business " I couldn't stop but laugh sarcastically. "Yeah right, it's none of my business" I said in anger removing his grip of my arm.

"I guess it's my fault, I just took you for granted. I just expected a little more that I should have " I snapped at him. His eyes softened by my words but damage was done.

"You know what !! Do what ever you want too who am I to ask about your life no one right. I don't care anymore I jus..just don't want to see your face again" I snapped again, I know he got hurt by my words I could see that in his eyes but I didnt budge. My anger was at its peak so I just turned and stormed out of his room.

I just want him to know how bad his words hurt others and he would get to know about that only when he tastes his own medicines.

I came to my room and fell on the bed. I just don't want to think about him cause its none of my business right !! Huh!!