Chapter Nineteen

The news of Draco and Hermione’s sudden engagement spread quickly, like wild fire. A muggle born and pure blood. Draco and Hermione. They faced different reactions.

Mr Granger was happy after he had a talk with Draco. Mr and Mrs Weasley, Harry, Ginny and George were happy if Hermione was happy. Percy still had a problem with Draco and Hermione which was to be expected. Ron was happy too; he had told Hermione he liked a girl called Joanne. Narcissa was as excited as any mother could be for her son.

‘Hermione! We need to get you a dress! We need to plan! We-’ Ginny looked at her frantically, thinking about the lack of time they had.

Hermione had apparated to the Burrow to tell them the news, an hour after Draco proposed.

‘Two weeks aren't enough!’ Hermione worried, looking at Draco who was lounging on the sofa, ‘why exactly do we have to get married in two weeks? How are we supposed to sort everything out in time? Draco... two weeks!’

‘Don't worry, I’ve got everything settled. We’re getting married in Florida and I've got the food, music and the place booked,’ Draco said, taking her hand and squeezing it, ‘all you need to worry about are the clothes.’

‘I guess you were pretty sure I’d agree to marry you then?’ Hermione asked, joking.

‘Of course. How could you say no to this face?’ Draco asked, gesturing to his face.

‘I want our wedding to be white and blue. I want the flowers down the aisle to be a mix of the colour,’ Hermione said, her eyes sparkling as Ginny grinned.

‘Anything you want,’ Draco stated, and muttered more to himself, ‘I’ll just need to get that sorted. So, I’ll do that and you do the shopping.’

‘Draco, you're amazing!’ Hermione said, tackling him with a hug. She turned to Ginny with her arms still around Draco, ‘Ginny, will you be my bridesmaid?’

Ginny grinned at her, nearly bursting with excitement, ‘of course I will!’

‘Harry, Ron, I would like it if you could be my groomsmen?’ Draco asked, glancing at the two boys that he had surprisingly gotten closer to.

‘Sure, mate, we've got your back. This means a bachelor party!’ Ron grinned as Harry nodded, patting his back.

Draco chuckled and looked at Hermione who raised her eyebrows.

‘Yeah... well... We'll talk about that later.’ Draco said, fist bumping Harry and Ron.

‘Anyway... We are going shopping tomorrow,’ Hermione looked at Draco, Ginny, Harry and Ron before adding excitedly, ‘guess where? London!’

‘Do we have to?’ Ron asked, his face falling.

‘Unless you want to wear them horrid dress robes you wore to the Yule ball...’ said Hermione laughing as Ginny clapped a hand to her own mouth, stopping her giggles from erupting.

‘Fine I'll go!’ Ron said, turning red.

---

Next morning in the Burrow, Hermione was getting ready to go to the shopping centre. Draco, Harry and Ron were sitting at a table, talking quietly.

‘Ginny! Let's go!’ Hermione shouted, getting annoyed since Ginny had been in the shower before all of them but she was the last one down for breakfast.

Ginny rolled her eyes at her impatience and walked in, going over to take Harry’s hand. The boys stood up and Draco came over to Hermione, looking at her as though he expected some sort of remark.