Chapter Seven

‘Hermione, wake up,’ a voice said and gently shook the sleeping girl.

Hermione’s head was throbbing to say the least. She tried to mumble a legible response but it sounded like a foreign language to her and probably also to the person trying to wake her up.

‘Hermione, it's time for breakfast!’ the voice persisted.

Hermione opened one eye to see Ginny standing with her arms on her hips in a very Mrs Weasley like fashion, before the sunlight bombarded her vision. It went straight to making her head ache and she closed her eyes again, hoping Ginny would leave.

Ginny sighed, loudly, making Hermione frown but she couldn't be bothered opening her eyes.

‘This is so unlike you! Get up!’ Ginny said and pushed the covers off of her, revealing a purple night dress that she didn’t remember putting on last night.

‘Right, I'm up!’ Hermione said sitting up, she clutched her head, trying to stop the pain.

‘Here, take this. It works great.’ Ginny handed her a small tablet which was glowing a bright shade of yellow. How the brightness was supposed to help her headache, she had no idea.

‘My mother told me not to take drugs,’ Hermione chuckled.

Ginny rolled her eyes and went to finish getting ready. Hermione, trusting Ginny, swallowed it and sat at the edge of her bed. She got up and got ready after saying a thank you to Ginny.

‘Merlin’s beard, Hermione, you didn't have to drink that much!’ Ron exclaimed as Hermione told him how much she drank last night.

They were eating in the Great Hall, which was clean and spotless, almost as if there wasn't a party last night. Now Hermione felt the relief begin to seep into her after taking the glowing pill. She reached for some toast and coffee.

‘You're lucky no one told McGonagall about this. You're head girl!’ Ginny said, biting into a piece of Harry's toast.

Hermione was stunned at that thought. She hadn’t even thought of her responsibilities before drinking like that last night.  How could she be so irresponsible? Hermione felt a fear dawn onto her, making her toast suspend its way to her mouth.

‘Hermione, it's okay, at least you broke out of your comfort zone in the last year of Hogwarts and you did something crazy. Come on, you needed this.’ Harry said, trying to make her feel better.

‘I guess. But I'm not drinking ever again!’ Hermione cried, holding her head in her hands while Ron laughed at her, ‘Shut up, Ron!’

Hermione slapped him on his arm but Ron only smiled, infuriating her even more. They didn't always get on but she liked him a lot. Love? She wasn’t so sure about that. Sometimes Ron did annoy her and makes her so angry that she reconsidered their relationship. But that was normal... right?

‘So guys, what are we going today?’ Ginny asked, looking at Hermione in particular.

Hermione shrugged as did Harry and Ron.

‘I need to put my dress back in the cupboard.’ Hermione said, getting up, ‘I'll meet you guys in the common room.’

They mumbled an okay and she left for the Gryffindor common room. She got her dress and walked back to the Head's dormitory, trying not to look at the very hung over seventh years on her way.

Walking into the Head’s dorm, Hermione saw Draco. He always seems to be there. Sitting on the sofa, reading a newspaper or a book. This time, he was reading a book with his feet on the table in front of him.