Chapter Six

Hermione looked around at the prefects, thinking about what theme they could do for their party. No one else had any clues or whatever they did suggest would be shot down by the others.

‘What about Disney characters?’ Hermione suggested, suddenly, thinking that was a great idea.

Everyone turned to look at her, some of them frowning at her suggestion. Others just looked confused and wondered if she had sneezed or something since they had no idea what or who “Disney” was. Hermione forgot that most of them wouldn't know about Disney or even a television, since they were bought up by witches and wizards.

‘Oh, never mind.’ Hermione said, chuckling to herself.

The prefects shrugged and started throwing out ideas onto the floor.

‘Black and white?’  

‘Nah, too boring!’

‘Prince and princess party!’

Draco chuckled at that theme and got some confused looks, he only shrugged and they went on with more party ideas.

‘How about... Masquerade?’ Hermione asked, her eyes showing excitement that was barely contained.

How romantic would that be? With the pretty dresses, pretty masks, dancing with strangers and the music and snacks. Oh, everything would be perfect, she would make sure of that. Everyone else in the room looked excited too and Draco just leaned back, watching her.

‘Perfect!’ Ginny grinned, watching as Hermione smiled and wrote down Masquerade on her notes.

‘Okay, Masquerade it is. Everyone will have to come in a mask of their choice,’ Hermione said, glancing at the others, ‘flyers and posters have been put up and now we just need to sort out the snacks and decorations.’

‘Okay! And for snacks and drinks, I was thinking...’ Ginny carried on.

The conversation went on until they had a idea of how the party would be like. Everyone got more and more excited as they talked about it other than Draco. He just yawned behind his hand and sat back.

---

Hermione and Draco had come in to the great hall see how the decorations were going. The party started at eight and wouldn’t finish until after midnight. There were two hours until the start of the party and everything was going according to plan.

The seventh years were allowed to go up to Hogsmeade anytime they wanted so everyone had went to buy masks and dresses. Some people were making them by magic which Hermione thought was a good idea although she hadn’t got around to making hers yet.

In the Great Hall, Ginny and some other people, including Harry, were putting up decorations. The tables were pushed to the walls and at the sides were small tables. In the middle was a big empty space which Hermione guessed would be the dance floor.

Hermione and Draco decided to check on the food. They went down to the kitchens were the Slytherin prefects were telling the elves what to make. Hermione couldn't stay there long as she was still into S.P.E.W. Draco rolled his eyes slightly when she walked out with a shake of her head.

They walked up the stairs in silence and passed lots of posters reading:

SEVENTH YEARS ANNOUNCEMET!

Please join us for a Magical Masquerade party.

Saturday, 8 pm onwards.

There were pictures of Masquerade masks and Hermione spent a moment admiring them. Blue ones with huge feathers at the side, black ones with white rimming, and even a multi coloured one. She chuckled and glanced at Draco, pretty satisfied with their work.