Chapter Twenty Six

After the Pansy incident, she didn't come back and Hermione and Draco's honeymoon passed quickly. They had fun, just being together.

They watched films, cuddled, kissed, went out shopping and on dates. Hermione was so happy with Draco and their love grew more and more.

When Draco told her it was time for them to leave, she was upset. She didn't want to leave the house. It seemed magical and safe to her.

The night before they left the house, they were in bed.

‘Draco?’ Hermione whispered, her head on his chest.

‘Hmm?’ said Draco, lazily rubbing her naked back.

‘What are we going to do? Where are we going to live?’ Hermione asked him.

She had been thinking about that a lot.

‘I've got that sorted. I know this perfect house in England. I bought it.’ Draco said, soothing her, ‘Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, kitchen, living room and a study. It's perfect.’

‘Yes, it is. Although it may be a bit too big for us...’ Hermione said sneakily kissing his chest.

‘I think it's fine.’ Draco said.

‘I meant,’ Hermione said, getting up, she looked at Draco, ‘Draco... What about kids?’

Draco's eyes widened and he looked at her as though she was crazy.

‘No way. No kids.’ Draco said, moving away from her.

‘We've been using a contraception charm. We'll just stop and have a baby. One small baby.’ Hermione persuaded him as he moved away from her.

‘No way. Go to sleep.’ Draco said, turning the light off, he turned his back to her.

‘Why?’ Hermione muttered, sitting on the bed in complete darkness.

‘Because I said so.’ Draco said firmly.

‘Draco,’ Hermione frowned at him, ‘just hear me out.’

Draco sighed heavily and turned the light on and faced her.

‘I said no.’ Draco spoke, glaring at her, ‘stop insisting, alright? I’ve never wanted kids and I never will!’

Hermione bit her lip, knowing he was getting angry but she couldn't help but speak again.

‘I'll stop using the contraceptive charm then,’ Hermione said, wrapping her arms around her knees.

Draco's jaw tightened and his eyes flashed.

‘Can't you just tell me why you don't want a child?’ Hermione shouted when he didn't say anything.

‘I don't want to share you. I've just married you and we can't have a child. That's it. Now get to sleep.’ Draco said, switching the light off and gathering the duvet to his chin.

Hermione lay down and cuddled into Draco, she kissed his shoulder and stuck her leg in between his. He didn't acknowledge her. After a few minutes, Hermione spoke.

‘Are you awake?’ Hermione asked.

‘Yeah.’ Draco said back.

He didn't say anything else so Hermione got up and put her shorts and top on.

‘Where are you going?’ Draco asked, looking up at her as tugged her shorts on.

‘Outside.’

‘Are you crazy?’

She glared at him and walked out of the room, slipping her shoes on she stepped outside. Surprisingly, it wasn't so cold. She went down to the beach and sat down, picking up a handful of sand she let it trickle out of her hands.

‘Come inside. It's really late.’ Draco said from behind her.

He had come out thinking she was really stubborn.

‘You go inside.’ Hermione said.

Draco sighed and muttered something about 'stubbornness'. He sat next to her.

‘I want a baby.’ Hermione stated, looking at the sand.

‘And I don't. I married you because I love you. You didn't marry me just for a child.’ Draco said, angrily.

Hermione moved to sit so they were face to face. She was on her knees and was higher than him. He looked up to her smiling and grabbed her legs. She leaned in to him. He began kissing back.

Hermione touched his back and his hands travelled from her legs to her stomach. She kissed him harder, moaning into his mouth and he fell back making her fall on top of him.

‘I love you.’ Draco muttered, as she kissed his jaw and neck.

She kissed him on his mouth again and he began tugging her shirt off, moaning.

Then she pulled back.

‘I love you too but... I want a child.’ Hermione said, standing up and tugging her shirt down.

Hermione had wanted to stop so that he would agree to have a child but he got up and kissed her again. His hands tugging her shirt off. Draco pulled back, his hands on her naked waist.

‘Do the contraceptive charm.’ He said.

She glared at him. They stood staring at each other. Finally Hermione pulled her shirt on and walked away into the house, anger boiling inside her. She was determined to have Draco's child.

---

In the morning, Hermione woke up not even glancing at Draco as she changed into clothes.

‘What do you want for breakfast?’ Draco asked, styling his hair in the mirror.

Hermione didn't answer as she pulled her jeans up and zipped them. Draco chuckled.

‘You are so stubborn.’ He said, moving away to zip up his suitcase, ‘We need to let here in an hour. Or we could leave right now.’

Hermione glared at him and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her. Anger from yesterday was still inside her. She sat on the sofa and turned the TV on.

‘Stop it. I don't want a child. Just stop!’ Draco shouted from the door.

Hermione jumped up and the remote fell on the floor.

‘Well, I do want a child.’ She shouted back.

‘Go have one then!’ Draco shouted, walking in, he slammed the door shut and the glass in them slightly moved.

‘Fine! I'll just go find Ron!’ Hermione shouted back.

This made Draco even angrier. Before Hermione could blink, Draco punched a hole in the wall in anger. His fists shaking at the mention of Ron from her lips.