XIII. How He Asks You Out

Harry: (fourth year) 

"(y/n), meet me outside at four this afternoon, okay?" Harry told you right after Potions. He had decided on the perfect way to ask you out.

"Okay," you replied, not suspicious in the slightest. You trusted Harry. 

*Time Skip brought to you by Time Turner and Co.*

You went outside at four on the dot. You didn't see Harry. He was probably late or something. But, he was the person who told you to meet him outside. Without warning, a stick began to float in midair. You yelped in surprise. Before you could turn your heel and go tell a professor the stick began to write. (y/n)...will...you...please...go...out...with...me? 

After the stick finished writing, someone took off an Invisibility Cloak. It was Harry! "Seriously, Harry?" you shouted. He nodded and beamed. "I'd love to!" you squealed and hugged your crush. It was definitely one of the sweetest ways someone has ever asked you a question. 

Ron: (fourth year) 

The way Ronald Bilius Weasley asked you out was completely and utterly unplanned. 

Or so you thought. 

It was that devious plan of his younger sister, Ginevra Molly Weasley. She had noticed the way you and Ron would look at each other. Every morning. Every afternoon. Every evening. Every. Damn. Day. Ginny was sick of it. She was sick that her brother wouldn't get the guts to ask you out. So, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Not without the help of her two equally devious brothers. "Oi! You two!" she shouted at them between classes. 

"I'm assuming she means us, Freddie." 

"That's what most people mean, Georgie." 

Once Ginny caught up with the twins, she sandwiched herself in between them. "I need help. I want you two to plan a prank, or something like a prank, resulting in Ron asking (y/n) out." 

The twins smiled. "Not without a price, dear sister." 

"I won't tell Mum." 

"Deal." 

That very evening, on the way to dinner, Fred and George had successfully set up a wondrous prank. It---well, I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, would I? Anyway, as you sat down next to Luna and Cho, a hand tapped you on the shoulder. "Ginny? What do you need?" 

"I need you to sit next to me. Please."

"Why?"

"Please?"

You had grown to love Ginny, a) because she was Ron's sister and b) she was so sweet, how could you not? You sighed and followed her to the Gryffindor table. She sat you in between her and Ron. He blushed, as well as you. "Well, Ron, are you going to take a drink?" George asked his younger brother. 

"Wouldn't want you to get dehydrated!" Fred added. 

Ron raised his eyebrows suspiciously. He took a sip of his Pumpkin Juice nonetheless. "So, Ron, how're you?" Ginny asked. 

"Amazing, because (y/n)'s sitting next to me." He clapped his hand over his mouth. You flushed a deep red. Did he honestly just say that?

"Do you want to take her out on a date?" Fred asked. 

"Yes." Again the same thing happened. 

"Ask her then! How do you feel about her?" 

"(y/n) is pretty, she's smart, she's amazing at Quidditch, and I wish I could go on a date with her but she would never date a nobody like me!"