X. Second Encounter

Harry: (First year) (pretend Gryffindor have Potions with the Ravenclaws too)

You were rushing to Potions, a class you heard rumors from older students that you did not want to be late for. The professor, Snape, was extremely harsh on Gryffindors. As you nearly tripped on the way to the damp dungeons, you thought, Well, he can't be that bad. Everyone was only exaggerating.

Oh, how you were wrong.

As soon as you stepped foot into the classroom, you heard a deep, drawling voice in your direction. "You're late, Miss Granger." You looked up to find a hooked nose man tapping his foot impatiently. You said hastily, "Sorry, sir. Professor Flitwick kept me---"

"A lame excuse," Snape interrupted. "Sit down, by Potter."

You snorted silently. He didn't even bother to listen to the rest of your explanation. As you looked to where Snape said "Potter", you recognized a familiar face. Harry! Rather relieved, you sat down, placing your bag next to you and smiling at Harry. He smiled back. During the class, Snape put Harry on the spot, asking questions no normal eleven-year-old would know. Well, minus you and Hermione, of course. The two of you were most likely smarter than Snape himself. By the end of class, you rushed out, determined to make it to Transfiguration on time. A minute later, you realized someone had fallen in step beside you. It was Harry. "Hi," you said.

"Hi," he replied. "I don't like Snape, do you?"

"Of course not. He's a toerag."

Harry laughed. It was a hearty laugh. "I like that name. It suits him."

"And quite well, too."

You and Harry chatted until you made it to Transfiguration, which thankfully, you weren't late. This was the start of a wonderful relationship.

Ron: (Third year)

As soon as you finished the day's homework, you grabbed your new broomstick and literally ran to the Quidditch pitch. The Firebolt was an amazing broomstick, no doubt about that. It turned when you barely touched it, and seemed to predict what you were going to do right before you did so. You were flying around, going through the hoops and narrating your personal Quidditch game. When you arrived back on solid ground you saw the boy from Broomstix. Ron!

"Hi, Ron!" you called. He was with his best friends, Harry and Hermione.

"I'll catch you guys later," you heard him say. Harry and Hermione left. Ron walked up to you and said, "Hi."

Silence fell between the two of you. Rather suddenly you said, "Can we talk? Awkward silence bugs me."

Ron laughed. "It bugs me too. What do you want to talk about?"

"Um, Quidditch."

Ron laughed again. "Is that all you think about?"

"Pretty much."

Soon, the two of you were talking like old friends. You began to hang out with Ron more, which led to hanging out with Hermione and Harry, which led to becoming the best of friends.

Draco: (First year)

When you walked in among the other first years you were incredibly nervous. Ron kept asking you, "What if we get put in Slytherin?" For the twenty-seventh (yes, you were keeping count) time he asked you this, you said, "Ron, shut your bloody mouth or I will for you."