[6] ✓

God, why does he have to make it so hard for me to hate him? Elena thought.

Stefan got out of the car and opened the door for her and she got out, "Thanks." She murmured.

"So, erm... About the kiss-" Stefan began.

"No. You don't get to ask the questions. So, what did you mean when you said Caroline isn't your girlfriend?" Elena interrupted bravely, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, we're not dating, we just... hang out a lot." Explained Stefan.

"And what are we? You kissed me-"

"And you kissed me back." Stefan said smirking, crossing his arms.

"Okay, okay. I may of kissed you back. But why did you kiss me?" Elena tried to say it confidently but it sounded more like a whisper.

The bell rang and Elena ran inside. She could hear Stefan calling her name, telling her to wait, but she just carried on running.

If she stopped and turned around to look at him, she just knew she'd cry, and Elena didn't want him to see that.

"Elena! Wait!" Stefan shouted, but it was no use, she didn't stop.

How can this be happening? Stefan thought, How can I like someone I hardly know? Why do I feel so guilty about ignoring her, about running around with Caroline?

Maybe Stefan felt bad because she was nice. Elena was nice. She had tried her best to make him feel welcome at this school, but he had just shot her down.

They were friends—they probably could of been something more. But Stefan ruined it like he ruined everything.

He locked his car and trudged to form.

When Stefan got inside form, the teacher still wasn't there.

He spotted Caroline waving at him, gesturing for him to come over. He saw Elena in her usual seat and walked over to her, "Tonight there's a party, want to come?"

"No." and that was the only answer Stefan was going to get.

Stefan walked off back to his seat next to Caroline.

Elena sighed. She did like Stefan. She really liked him. He had seemed so nice and straightforward when they went to the movies that night, and now... and now he seemed so lost.

~

"Why did you go over to Elena? And what did you say to her?" Caroline accused as soon as Stefan dumped his bag next to his desk.

"I just asked her if she wanted to go to the party tonight. With me." Stefan said carelessly.

"What?! I thought we were going together?" She snapped.

"We don't have to, Caroline. We never discussed it." Stefan sighed.

But there was nothing to discuss. Stefan was her boyfriend and she was his girlfriend, of course they were going together. It was never really confirmed, but they were obviously something more than 'just friends'.

"We're not together, Caroline." Stefan said.

We're not together? Yes we are, we had hanged out so much together, we had kissed, we had went to party's together, he had held my hand! Caroline wanted to say but instead she just nodded her head as she was in danger of crying.

Neither her or Stefan talked to eachother the whole day.

~

After school Elena grabbed her diary from under her pillow and opened it. She snatched a pen from her pencil case in her school bag and started writing:

Dear diary,
Today was great! I mean, it started out rocky, I guess but things started to get better. Me and Stefan walked to all our lessons together and when we had different lessons to each other, Stefan would walk with me to my class then go to his. I didn't walk back home today, as Stefan insisted to give me a ride, he also insisted for us to go to that party together. Eventually, I said yes. He's coming to pick me up at half eight. We haven't talked about the kiss and I don't think Stefan wants to. He seems quite happy to forget about it entirely. I have to go now, diary, I need to find something to wear tonight. Wish me luck!
                                      Love Elena X
~

8:00 p.m.

Stefan was on his way to Elena's house in his car and he turned the radio on. When he got there, Stefan stepped out of his car and walked to the door.

His palms were sweaty, so he wiped them on his jeans and knocked on the door.

Elena answerd the door almost straight away. Her hair was perfectly straight and she was wearing a white leather mini skirt, a red tank top and had a white leather jacket hanging over her white bag.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Hey. Should we get going?" Stefan asked.

"Sure." Elena answered instantly.

~

After the party, Stefan drove Elena home. Neither of them had drank much, they had just talked all night, ignoring there surroundings.

Stefan walked her to her door and she rooted for her house keys through her bag. Elena found them, but she didn't put them in the door and instead stared into his green eyes.

Stefan stepped closer to her and leaned in. Elena leaned in as well and their lips met. She closed her eyes and herself enjoy the moment.

***

NOTE AFTER EDITING:
I've used form a lot here and for any Canadians or Americans Form means homeroom in England.