[24] ✓

"You did what?!"

The male witch sighed. "You heard me. It was necessary. The bloodsucker had to die. I put vervain in the water so it won't effect the humans, and only the leach."

"That's my daughter!" Jenna screeched to the witch over the phone.

He sighed. Humans were just too headstrong and full of emotion. They couldn't see what was really important and used their heart more than their own head. "She's not your daughter anymore. She's a dangerous creature of the night."

"You better save them, you-" Jenna was on a roll and was still screaming at him through the phone. He could hear Shelia, the sheriff and leach hunter trying to calm her down. He tried to ignore her and carried on, "I have done a spell, linking the new bloodsucker and original leach together. The original will be drawn to her and we will do the spell to lock him where Kai is. I will text you where I am." And with that, he hung up.

~

As soon as Katherine hit the water, her whole body started to burn. It felt like her skin was on fire. It was unbearable. She opened her mouth to scream, but realised her mistake too late. The water filled her mouth and it felt like a thousand blisters had formed instantly. She began to choke and looked around frantically for help. Her eyes landed on Damon to see he was looking at her in horror. Katherine knew he couldn't help by the pained look in his eyes. She looked to the front of the car to see Stefan trying to pull the door open, failing, and Elena trying to smash the window open by kicking her feet at it, failing as well.

Katherine looked down to her hands to see that they were red and bleeding, and indeed looked like they were covered in blisters. Her eyes were stinging as well, so Katherine closed them tightly.

And in that moment, she knew she was close to death. She wasn't scared or nervous, but relieved and maybe even... happy. She knew what she was. She was a vampire. She was dangerous and unpredictable. She was reckless and a liability, she would cause tragic death and much worse. But if she was dead, everyone would be safe. Her sister, her mother. Stefan and Damon. Even Caroline and Bonnie. They would all be safe.

She smiled slightly as she waited for the end. She wasn't afraid of dying. But she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't die. Her life had been anything but good, but her life after death, could be amazing. Maybe that's what everyone was waiting for. The end. And maybe, just maybe, the end was just the beginning.

And that's what Katherine thought about as she let go, and for the first time in along time, she felt at absolute peace. She felt safe.

~

Katherine had closed her eyes and Damon was afraid she wouldn't wake up. She was covered in red blisters from head to toe. Damon was almost happy she was gone, at least she wouldn't be in any pain.

He looked in the front of the car to see his brother shaking a sleeping Elena. At least that's what Damon hoped she was doing. She couldn't be dead, could she? Damon didn't bother doing anything. He knew it was no use and the more energy he used, the faster he'd go.

Damon was sure they'd all die at that moment. Well, that was until all four doors were ripped off the car by some miracle. He looked back at his brother to see if he had noticed, but he hadn't. Stefan was still trying to shake Elena awake and he looked like he was about to pass out. If Damon would of followed the law, he would of had his seatbelt on. But of coarse he hadn't. He was Damon freaking Salvatore. There was no rules for him.

So without much of a struggle, he looked back down at his brother – down because he was floating slightly as he hadn't worn a belt – and hit him on the head. Probably not what an ordinary person would do, but Damon was far from ordinary.

Stefan looked up at his brother and Damon pointed to the non existent doors. Stefan looked at the empty space where the doors should be, blankly. God, his brother was slow. Any longer and Elena definitely would be dead. Stefan's eyes widened as if he realised what Damon was on about. About time, moron, Damon thought.

Stefan bounced into action, took his seatbelt off, then Elena's. They were both floating slightly now and Stefan took Elena in his arms and looked towards Damon for further instructions. He pointed to where the doors should be and Stefan nodded, swimming out.

~

God, how slow could these people be? Oscar had spelled the doors off the car a while ago now. And the idiots still weren't out.

He had walked down to where the river was. Oscar was now waiting not so patiently for the three teenagers to submerge from the water. What was taking them so long? On that thought, oscar heard gasps and turned around to see two men submerge from the water, each holding a woman. Oscar sighed quietly. The black haired one had taken the bloodsucker with him. Hopefully she would be dead already.

Only the black haired one had noticed him. He put the vamp on the floor carefully and walked towards Oscar cautiously. The green eyed man was preforming CPR on the human girl.

"Who are you?" Damon asked the man once he was directly in front of him.

The man smirked. "A witch named Oscar who caused you to sink into that lake over there-" he gestured towards the lake Damon had just  climbed out of, "- but on the plus side, I also saved your sorry arses."

-----------------

Almost finished! After this book there will be a short story about the characters lives in the future. It will be like the epilogue but will be five chapters long more or less.

Oscar was a really fun character to create. He's very similar to Damon in the sense that he's witty and cold.

Sorry for taking so long to update but my dog had been sick recently and I had to put all my attention on her.

Love, sinfultruth.