[12]

"What are you doing here?" Stefan growled.

Damon seemed taken back by he town in his brothers voice, but Stefan didn't care.

"S-Stefan." Damon stuttered. Stefan was shocked for a moment. Damon was never lost for words. He always had something to say.

He always had some witty comeback.

But this time he didn't.

"You didn't answer my question," Stefan said, the shock turning into instant fury, "I said what are you doing here?!"

Damon was about to reply but someone beat him to it.

"S-stefan? Steffy?"

Caroline. She was drunk.

"What did you do to her?" Stefan yelled, pushing past his brother to get inside. He was steps away to Caroline when she put her hand up I stop him coming any closer.

"Don't touch me!" She shrieked. "I don't want to see you. Why don't you go back to Elena considering she's your date to the dance." She said saying the last part quieter.

"I'm so sorry Caroline. I'm sorry I upset you. I didn't realise you wanted to go with me." Now it was Stefan's turn to be lost for words.

"Of course I wanted to go with you Stefan. I like you." Caroline said as if it was obvious.

Stefan just stood there. He was sure his mouth was open but he didn't care. How could Caroline like him. They were just friends. Sure they hung out a lot but Stefan never thought of her as something more as friends.

They had kissed a couple of times, but Stefan was in a bad place. He had been feeling sorry for himself, thinking of how much of a disappointment he was for his father, thinking about how his brother and left him and hadn't contacted him in months. Stefan never thought of Caroline that way.

"I'm sorry." Stefan whispered.

"I. Don't. Care." Caroline said stepping towards Stefan. "I've moved on." She then went on saying. But she wasn't looking at him for the lat buy. She was looking at his brother. Damon.

It was always Damon. When they were you g he was always his mums favourite. He had always stolen all the spot light.

When Stefan saw a girl he liked, Damon had to have her. When he got a new friend, they'd have to be Damon's friend too.

And he was fed up of it.

Stefan turned around and walked straight for his brother, and punched him in the eye. He heard Caroline shriek but he didn't care. Stefan was angry at her and he didn't even know why.

I don't have feeling for her, do I? Stefan thought to himself.

As Stefan walked back to the salvatore boarding house, he knew he was going to be in deep trouble with his dad, but all he could think about was tat he'd punched Damon.

And he wasn't thinking about how it was wrong of him or how he regretted it. He was thinking how it would Lexie a nasty bruise.

Stefan laughed at the thought. For once in his life, he had stood up to his brother.

~

"Elena?" The voice said, "Wake up."

Elena groaned. It must have been atleast 7 in the morning. She opens her eyes to glance at her alarm clock.

6 a.m.

She was going to kill her mum.

But when she looked up it wasn't her mum she saw, but someone who looked identical to her.

Katherine.

The previous day's events came rushing through her mind.

"Sorry. But, it's just, erm, your- our mums back." Katherine explained, "I think she's downstairs."

"Oh." Elena said putting her hand on Katherine's shoulder supportively. "Do you want to go see her now? We can explain together if you'd like."

Katherine nodded and smiled but it seemed forced and sad.

They made there way down stairs together.

"Elena your up early this morning. Would you like some coffee-" her mum started as she turned around with a cup of coffee in her hand which she immediately dropped when she saw the two of them.

It was silent for a few moments and Elena realised that no one was going to speak up unless she did.

"Mum. This is-"

"Katherine." her mum said knowingly interrupting her.

"Y-you know me?" Katherine stuttered. Elena looked at Katherine and then at her mum. She didn't know why it took her by suprise when she knew who Katherine was. After all she was her baby and she had given birth to her.

Elena looked down at her feet, suddenly intrested in her pink white stripped fluffy socks.

It didn't look like her mum was going to answer so Elena stepped in and explained everything to her. Not once did her mum interrupt her and she was glad.

Once she had finished explaining her mum finally spoke. "Let's go and sitting down," she said walking to the couch, "be careful of the broken mug."

Katherine sat down next to her mum and Elena sat on the armchair opposite them. There was enough room on the couch but Elena didn't want to be near get mum.

She was angry at her. After all the person she trusted and loved the most had betrayed her and kept such a huge secret from her for all of her life.

Her mum sobbed and leaned over to hug Katherine and Katherine hugged her back and sobbed too.

"I'm so sorry Kath! I didn't want to leave you! I never wanted to give you to him!" Her mother said through tears. "When I had you and your sister, I was only seventeen and me and your father were deeply in love. But soon enough we started to have disagreements and your father became abusive. Soon we had another child, Jeremy. When Jeremy was born I soon found out he was cheating on me with another woman and I told him to leave. He told me that he wanted to take the children, that they were his too. I tried to tell him no but your father knew a secret of mine and not only could it endanger me but a lot of other people. So I agreed with him and persuaded him to let me keep one of you. I didn't want to choose but I had to!"

Elena was furious. She gave away two of her children so she could keep her secret safe? What kind of a mother does that?

"I'm going to get some fresh air." Elena murmed but neither her mum or her sister were paying attention to her so she slipped on her coat and a pair of boots and left.

***

Hey guys!   

So I've been writing a short story called 'The Alpha Stole My Heart' which I will be publishing soon.

Also check out my other book called 'It All Started With A Deal'.

I recommend it if you like romance or teen fiction.

Hope you liked this chapter, will be updating again soon!