[9]

Katherine
Katherine Gilbert had just gotten in town, determined to find her long lost sister and her birth mother.

She knew that she had a twin sister and a birth mother somewhere, but she never knew where to look.

That was until her father had died, it was apparently by a natural cause, of a heart attack but Katherine knew what really happened.

She knew what she had saw, what she had felt.

Not that she cared.

Katherine was happy to be free of her father, he was abusive and the way he used to look at her and Jeremy, her brother was as if he hated them both.

As if he hated his own children.

When her and her brother was clearing out her fathers stuff, she'd come across a photo of a woman and her father smiling.

In the background she could just make out the words on the bar in the backround.

They read: Mystic Grill.

Katherine, excited about this lead which could lead them to their birth mother and sister, had showed Jeremy immediately.

But instead of being over joyed, Jeremy had been angry and had snatched the photo from her hands and had ripped it in two, shouting that their mother didn't care for them otherwise she'd be here and would have protected then from her fathers fists and angry words, and after Jeremy had stormed off.

Luckily the photo wasn't damaged too much and Katherine had put the two halfes of the photo together again with a bit of duck tape, packed a bag full of her clothes, shoes and some of her most precious possessions, looked up the bars name discovering its location was in a small town named Mystic Falls and took of through the night.

When, she had got their, Katherine had realised that she had no where she'd go next, so she descided to go to the bar in the photo and asking around for her mother, showing then the picture of her.

However, when she entered the bar, she soon discovered that it was packed with teenagers, most of them drunk and made the decision to leave.

Katherine walked and walked, till she reached a lake.

That's when she heard his voice. "Elena?"

Katheirne turned to see a boy, about her age smiling at her.

Katherine, immediately confused looked behind her, wondering if he was talking to someone else but their was no one else their.

"What are you doing here?" the boy said.

"S-sorry but I don't think I know you. I'm not Elena." Katherine explained.

It was the boys turn to look confused.

"No. You look exactly like her." the boy said squinting, his glowing green eyes examining her.

Katherine smiled apologetically about to turn away, when she thought, maybe this boy thought she was her sister, maybe he knew her well and could point her in the write direction to the family she craved to have.

"Wait. You thought I was Elena. Does she look like me? Like exactly the same?" Katherine asked.

"Yes... It's like your her doppelganger or something. Creepy huh?" the boy said a goofy smile now painted on his face.

However my face remained serious. "It's not actually. I came here looking for my mother and sister. My twin sister." Katherine explained emphasising the word twin.

Confusion then recognition crossed the boys face. "You don't mean... Elena can't be... It's impossible.." the boy mumbled to himself.

"It's true." she said, but the boy just shook his head.

"It's true," Katherine says more firmly this time, "and I need to know where they are. Just tell me their adress or anything what could help me."

What seemed to be forever, the boy finally spoke. "I know where they live. I'll help you."

The boy started walking away from the lake, not stopping to see if she was following.

She was.

Suddenly, he stopped and turned to face her.

"My names Stefan by the way."

Then he turned away from her again and started walking.

A/N:
Sorry that the chapters are a bit short, hope you guys don't mind too much :)
I also changed my username from queenstelena to thatstelenalife *jazz hands*
And Remember, don't be a silent reader, comment what you think ;)
~ thatstelenalife