[17]

Before I go on I'd just like to clarify that Jenna's last name is Gilbert and not Elena and Katheine's dad.
-----------------------------------

Miss Gilbert, Mrs Forbes and Mr Salvatore were all currently in the sheriffs office talking about catching Katherine.

Lizzie got the vervain laced wooden billets and started loading her gun. Jenna eyed her. "Remember Liz, she's still my daughter."

Lizzie looked at her as if she's grown to heads and then her face morphed into one of pure disgust. "She's a monster!"

"Remember Elizabeth, the girl did not choose this path. All we need to do is get her to tell us who turned her." Guissepi said. (I have no idea how to spell his name.)

"Oh yeah, sure, and get her examined by your son just so you can prepubescent your not a batty old man." Sneered Lizzie. She wasn't usually like this but she was getting anxious. It was her job to protest the town and her daughter.

"Hush you two! We will ask Katherine to tell us who her creater is and then we will let her go. Agreed?" They both nodded but despite her and Jenna's friendship, Elizabeth knew that she'd always do what was best for her town and if that meant killing Katnerine... then so be it.

~

Bonnie was running late for the party as she was having trouble finding her red heels. She had descided to go as red riding hood to the party. Bonnie made her way downstairs and was about to open the front door only to be stopped my Grams. Grams was staying over at her house as her dad had went away on a business trip. Bonnie had refused at first telling her dad that she could look after herself but the truth was, she enjoyed the old woman's company.

"You can't go out tonight." her Gram's tone was firm and left no room for an argument or disagreement but Bonnie could not accept what she was saying.

"What! Why? I've been waiting for months to got to this party, Grams!" whinned Bonnie.

"You just can't go. There will be other party's." The old woman responded simply but with the same authority as before.

"Not like this one!" argued Bonnie.

"It's not safe outside!" She hissed, "There is a vampire in town!"

Bonnie rolled her eyes. She had heard it all before. "Grams have you went of your mess again? Repeat after me;
th-er-e are no su-ch th-in-gs as va-mpi-res." Bonnie said as she held her Grams shoulders and shook them slightly.

"Like I told you last year I will tell you again, there are vampires walking among us," Grams started as Bonnie gave up and began walking up the stairs, "And it is our job to protect them as witches."

~

Katherine found herself with hightened senses. She had watched twighlight before so she knew about the basics. She threw a garbage bin to test out her strength and ran up and down the alley to test out her speed.

I wonder if I'll sparkle in the sun like the Cullens, Katherine thought to herself.

She knew she couldn't go back to her new home and she also knew she couldn't go back to her old one where all her gory childhood memories layed. Katheirne sensed someone's present and ducked behing a garbage bin.

She could her two voices. A bit and a girl.

"Stop it. We need to go to the Halloween party, were already late." Snapped the girl.

"But I want a kiss." Moaned the boy.

The girl giggled. "When we get to the party."

Katherine heard footsteps walking further and further away. When she couldn't hear them anymore she got up from the ground. Halloween party? Maybe that's where Elena would be. She would help Katherine, wouldn't she? She had to. Elena was her only hope. And with that Katherine ised her speed and quickly but quietly walked behing the couple all the way to the party.

~

Elena and Stefan was dancing when Stsfan suddenly kissed Elena. Elena responded imidiatley and played with his hair. They both pulled away breathless and Stefam asked Elena a question what even he was shocked had came out of his mouth. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." Elena replied without even a thought. Stefan grinned at Elena and pulled her in for another short kiss. Elena and Stefan. Girlfriend and Boyfriend. Stefan smiled even more at the thought. At that moment Stefan could think of the perfect word to dis ribs Elena.

Bittersweet.

Elena was beautiful, funny and bright. Everyone who let her loved her. She was an all round people's person and cared for everyone she met. Yet Elena could also be deadly. She was a person you wouldn't want to mess with and if you ever got on her bad side, Stefan could only imagine what it would be like. Despite being kindhearted, Stefan knew that no one could make Elena Gilbert do what she didn't want to do. She wouldn't give into you just because you begged and if she did the that meant you were special to her.

But that's not why Stefan would describe Elena as bittersweet. And he could imagine that nearly everyone would disagree on the word he had used to describe her, but to him that's exactly what she was.

She was something Stefan couldn't seem to live with out but she also seemed that she would be the only thing that could unravel him completely... and she might even be the death of him.

***

Fun fact 2:
I never actually planned for Damon and Caroline to become a proper 'thing'. I was actually planning Caroline confronting Elena in this chapter but Damon hears everything and how horrible Caroline really is and breaks up with her. But then I wanted Damon to have a character to be with and was enjoying writing Deroline scenes way to much to stop.