Chapter 32: To Hell with It

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

I led Raja out onto the loading bay where one of the emperor's transport ships was stationed. The hatched lowered, and Eric stood there with his arms folded.

"Eadwyn, and you waited how long to tell me?"

I waved him off and led Raja inside to one of the seats. "I handled it."

The emperor muttered something under his breath and went to talk to the pilot. I opened up the emergency supplies and found a blanket. Wrapping Raja in it, I sat down beside him and made sure he was buckled in, before putting my arm around his shoulders.

"Does this happen a lot?" he whispered.

Taking a deep breath, I sunk down in my chair. "From time to time."

"I'm kind of glad that I don't remember," he muttered, pulling the blanket close to his face.

"Things will settle down." I nodded.

The hatched close, and the ship lifted off the ground. We flew up to the main carrier in silence and docked.

I led Raja off it with Eric right behind us.

"What you did was beyond protocol, Tobias," sated the emperor. "Eadwyn is an enemy of the empire. You should have told us the moment you found out."

"Fire me then," I muttered. "I got what I came for, and Eadwyn is dead. If that's not good enough, then so be it." I left him standing there spewing a string of curse words. I was really tired of this job.

We arrived at the medical bay. Raja spotted Nyko and ran over to him. The two embraced.

"You're okay," breathed Raja. He pushed back the other boy's hair to reveal a large bruise.

"It's been sealed. I'll be fine." Nyko gave my pet a forced smile

Andrus stepped forward. "Don't you worry, I'm making sure he's looked after."

Raja narrowed his eyes. "I think he's better off with me." He clasped the boy's hand.

I touched Raja's shoulder. "This is one of my men, Zariah Andrus."

The captain held out his hand. Raja shook it; though, he still seemed skeptical. I wouldn't expect anything different from my boy.

"Raja, how about we get changed into some dry clothes?"

He glanced at Nyko.

"I'll protect him with my life," said Andrus firmly.

I slapped his chest. "Cut it out. You're making him trust you less." I took Raja by the hand. "Nyko will be fine. Andrus is the best shot I know."

My boy followed but kept glancing back at his friend. I took him to a room which had been prepared for us.

"Take off your clothes." I removed my shirt and tossed it in the corner.

Raja did the same with his skirt. I pulled off my boots and the remainder of my clothes and led him into the bathroom to the shower. He stood in the corner, fiddling with his hair.

"How are you feeling about all of this?"

He shrugged. "Confused. I feel like I should know something, but I don't." Clasping his forehead, he let out a sigh.

I started up the shower and went back to the bedroom to page someone to bring some pain meds. Returning, I found Raja standing under the heavily stream of water with his head against the wall. His arms dangled at his sides.