Chapter 4: Counter Attack

Chapter 4

Counter Attack

"Here are some clothes for both of you." The maid set the pile on the end of the bed and left the room.

I slid off the bed and pressed the scanner on the back of my collar. It opened instantly. I carefully took it off, pelling up the glued on portions one by one. Laying it on the couch, I removed the skirt as well and placed it next to it.

"Sora," I whispered, "do you want to change?" Grabbing the blue shorts, I pulled them on.

He didn't move. His eyes were swollen and red. I had barely calmed him down enough for him to stop crying.

"Come here. I help you take it off."

He crawled over and sat on the edge of the bed. I gathered up his hair and moved it out of the way. Sora pressed on the back panel, and the collar released. He sniffed and wiped his face. I laid the collar on the bed and sat beside him.

"Your master is going to be fine." I put my arm around his shoulders. "They're fixing him up right now."

He nodded and started playing with his hair. I removed the diamond pins. Once finished, I walked to the dresser and put them in a bowl. Sora had taken off his skirt by the time I returned. I handed him the white shorts. He slipped them on, before crawling back to the top of the bed and curling into a ball. I laid down at this side.

"He'll be okay, Sora." I brushed back his hair from his eyes.

"I know," he said softly. "But what about Helix. The empire, we were attacked. My master is in danger. People are trying to kill him." He hid his face.

I wrapped my arms around him. "Tobias will fix it. He'll punish whoever did this. Helix, the empire, you and me, he'll take care of it." I tightened my hold on him. "We have nothing to worry about."

***

The door opened and light spilled onto my face. I rubbed my eyes and carefully sat up as to not wake Sora. The empire walked over to his pet and kissed the boy's cheek. His arm was heavily bandaged and in a sling.

"Thank you, Raja."

I took in a deep breath and slipped from the bed. "Have you heard from the general?"

"He's meeting with the armed forces leaders. I was on my way there, but I was ordered to rest instead," he laughed, shaking his head. "An emperor being told what to do by my own general." He tucked Sora's hair behind his ear. "Comical."

"The empire needs a leader," I said softly.

Eric nodded. "I've had a room prepare for you. Tobias will come and get you as soon as he can."

I nodded and walked to the door. Looking back, I saw Eric carefully picked up his pet. Sora's eyes opened. Tears of joy filled ran down his face as he threw his arms around his master. The emperor did his best to soothe the boy and whispered in his ear.

Stepping out into the sitting area, I closed the door. A maid was waiting for me. I followed her down the hall to my room for the night. I walked into the bedroom and stared at the oversized bed. I didn't want to be alone. After what had happened the night, I wanted my own lover to tell me we were safe.

Going to the bathroom, I stripped off my clothes and climbed into the tub. I started taking out my hair and ran my fingers through it to get out the tangles as the water level rose. I quickly washed and dried off before going back to the bedroom. I flopped down on the mattress. Closing my eyes, I prayed Tobias would be there when I woke up.