Chapter 7: War Declaration

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

Once the ship had docked, Tobias led me by the hand down the corridor of a larger space ship. Men moved out of his way with a solute. He opened a door and ushered me inside. Closing it, he flipped a switch, so the panel glowed red.

I stared at him and back up against the desk.

"Well," he said with a big breath. "I'd say today was a success." He nodded and took off his hat. "We got a lot accomplished."

My knees buckled, and I fell to the ground, clasping my mouth.

"Raja," he sighed, kneeling in front of me. The general pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead. "I'm going to have a word with Eric about being early."

"You're not funny," I breathed. "So stop."

He held me tightly to him. "I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to be there to see that."

"You killed those men," I said softly. "You shot them."

"They were giving information to the Taris government."

"Taris?" I rubbed my eyes.

Tobias tucked my hair behind my ear. "The ones who attack our home, and they're also responsible for the explosive at the banquet as well as other attacks across Helix."

I wiped my face. "So it's over? We're safe now, right? You took care of it, so now we can go home."

Hugging me, he tucked my head under his chin. "I'm working on it."

"Then no." My body sagged. "We can't go home."

The speaker started to beat. Tobias stood and pressed a button on his desk. "Yes?"

"You're needed, the emperor is about to make the announcement."

"I'll be there in a moment." He helped me to my feet and led me to a joined room. Opening the door, he ushered me inside.

It was a rather nice bedroom. The bed wasn't as big as the one back home, but still large enough for us both. The door to the bathroom was also open and I spotted a tub. I needed a soak in a hot bath.

"I'll be back soon." He tipped my cheek up to him and gave me a kiss, before leaving.

With a sigh, I sat down on the bed. My head hurt. I hadn't been expecting that. I finally get to see Tobias, and it after he just executed a bunch of men. Falling back, I rubbed my eyes. He was in so much trouble.

I rolled over and grabbed all the pillows. A remote was sitting on the nightstand. I grabbed it and press the on button. A scream rose up out of the baseboard. I clicked through the channels trying to find one that didn't require much thought. I settled on some random animation with an assortment of talking animals.

The TV went black. I sat up and changed the channel. All were the same. A picture reappeared, and my eyes grew wide. The emperor was standing with his officers, Tobias was at his side.

"People of Helix, we have been betrayed by our own, and we have discovered that Taris is responsible for the recent attacks upon the empire. They were fed information from within our ranks. The men responsible have been terminated and as of today, we are declaring war on the Republic of Taris. Any and all who are found to be associating with citizens of the Republic will be deemed traitors and sentenced to death." The emperor stood tall. "Now is the time to show your allegiance to Helix." He stepped to the side and a man took his place.