Chapter 3: The Emperor's Banquet

Chapter 3

The Emperor's Banquet

My head hurt. The hairstyle was far too tight. Sighing, I rolled my head to relieve some tension in my neck.

"Raja," said Nina, eyeing me. "Sit still please."

"Are we almost done?" I muttered. My ass was starting to ache from sitting still.

She glanced at the makeup artist, who nodded. I really did hate these events. Pets were just pretty objects to show off all night, and Tobias was going over the top.

"And we're done." The lady with long pointed ears started to clean up her supplies.

"Oh Raja," said Nina with a smile. "You look stunning. Come into the bedroom, so we can put on your outfit."

I stood and stretched my arms overhead. Glancing in the mirror, I raised an eyebrow. If Tobias wanted a girl, he should have bought a female pet. My head design was freshly shaven, and she had ripped out my stray eyebrow hairs. I ran my fingers across the rubies embed through the braid along the side of my head. The end twisted along the base of the bun. Well, at least it wouldn't get caught in my collar.

The makeup artist said her goodbyes to Nina and left.

I wandered over to the bed. "Where's Tobias?"

"His office." She waved me over. "He had a phone call."

The outfit was spread out across the bed. I glared at the assortment of chains. "This is stupid," I hissed.

Nina put her hands on her hips. "You did it for yourself from what I heard, and poor Sora was punished as well because of you."

"Hmmm..." I sat down on the corner of the bed.

She undid my collar and carefully put the new one on. Using little specks of glue, she arranged the chains and fixed them in place. "It really looks nice on you, Raja.'

"Doesn't mean I want to wear it."

"When do you ever what to wear what Tobias buys for you. After all these years, I'd thought you might stop whining about your clothes. They're not going to change."

"I can still hope they might."

She shook her head. "In some parts of the empire, pets are kept nude."

"Well, we're heading that way," I muttered, glaring at the skirt laying next to me.

"Stop complaining." She patted my leg. "You're not getting out of wearing it." She pulled me to my feet. "Undress."

I peered down at my black shorts. "Why can't I just wear them?"

"Don't test me, Raja."

I groaned. "Tobias said I could wear something under it. These will work. They match the color of the chains."

"You're going to have to talk to the general about that, but for now take them off."

Folding my arms, I pursed my lips. "I'm tired of being treated like a doll."

She sighed. "You'll always be such a stubborn thing, no matter how much time has passed."

The bedroom door opened, and the general entered. He put his phone away. His eye ran over my and he smiled.

"Wow," he chuckled. "The emperor might be mad at me if you showed up Sora."

"I can wash it off," I said plainly.

"Hell no. I've never had a problem making Eric mad."

I sucked in my cheek. "Can I wear these?"

His eyebrows pinched together. "No. Those don't look good at all." He pulled something out of his pocket.