Chapter 5

__________ Jasmine's POV _________

I look up to see the time. It was quarter past 7. Oh gosh I really needed to hurry up but I felt too nervous.

I fiddled with my fingers and couldn't stop biting my nails. I mean what would all his team mates say?

I looked at myself in the mirror seeing if I looked presentable enough. I wore a white bra let with some black high waisted jeans and put on a grey hoodie because I didn't want to feel cold. I quickly popped on some of my favourite white Dior heels and grabbed my Chanel backpack and left the house.

As I walked outside waiting to be picked up by a cab, I noticed there was this black car in front of me. The windows were blackened out so I couldn't see anyone inside but a man got out of the car and started approaching me.

"Jasmine Gonzales? Come this way. Sir instructed me to pick you up madam." The man says to me while pointing me towards the car.

"Sir? Sorry but may I ask who?" I say as I follow the man into the car.

He doesn't say anything and gets in. Weird.
When I get inside I sit down at the back. Feeling a little nervous and uncomfortable. I put on my seatbelt and as I buckle it on I realise there's a little card next to me. I pick up the card thinking it might of have been left there accidentally and I notice it has my name on the card. I turn it over to read

See you soon Jasmine. 

much love, Neymar.

Oh. So Neymar sent me a car? But why? Well I guess he had the money and everything to be like this, it was cute. I smile at the card and hold it tightly.

                           -------

Moments later, I arrived at the FC Barcelona training grounds. I gulp and say thank you to the driver as I get out. He might be inside. I walk in through the gates until a security guard stops me.

"Identity?" He says.

"Sorry I don't have one. I'm here to see Neymar?" I respond.

"Sorry, you're not allowed. We don't let strangers in like that." He replies.

Okay. What was I supposed to do? Stand there like a melon or do something.

"Excuse me! I called her here, she's my friend!" A voice shouts from behind the guard.

Running over in some football boots and attire, Neymar talks to the guard. He explains why I'm here and the guard apologises to me as he lets me in.

"Sorry about that. You know security.." Neymar says.

"I know. They're just doing their jobs." I say in response to Neymar.

"You look.. Nice by the way. How are you? How is Val and Antoine? They seem like they're having a great time today." Neymar laughs.

"Thank you Neymar. Uh, I guess you look good too? And wait. What did you say?" I stop.

"Oh uh, nothing. I mean-"

"That's fine haha. Why do you make me sound like the crazy scary sister when it comes to me and Valentine? I just didn't know her and Antoine have been hanging out.. Today." I reply laughing it off.

We walk into the training grounds where his teammates are training. They all look so busy and content. Then there's myself and Neymar just standing there, talking.

"They're really cute in my opinion. Antoine always talks about her to me." He says trying to make a conversation.

"Oh. That's cute. Well what does he say about her?" I ask curiously.

I was secretly fangirling inside.

"That she's one of the prettiest girls he's met. She is a joker apparently and he loves it when she feels awkward because it makes her look cute." He says.

Oh my god. So Antoine Griezmann fancies my sister? Fantastic.

"Aw well my sister is beautiful, funny and you know. A nice girl" I say smiling, proudly.

"Yeah, she's so beautiful. Her friend Katherine too. But Valentine is just a little bit more prettier. Her face is so round and cu-"

"Oh okay. And what am I then? A potato?" I say interrupting him.

Oh my god. Why did I say that. His eyes start to look directly into mine while I die with embarrassment inside.

"Hmm, Jasmine Gonzales. Are you sure you're not getting jealous?" He asks me as he winks at me and laughs.

"Hey! Shut up Neymar! I didn't mean it that way" I say as I laugh and punch him softly on the arm.

"Neymar! Who's the girl bro?" Messi shouts.

We both stop laughing and look up to see Messi approaching us. Oh god. What if he thought me and Neymar were.. No.

"Hola, what's your name? I'm Messi." Messi says as he smiles at me and gives his hand for a handshake.

"Jasmine. Jasmine Gonzales. How wouldn't I know you Messi, you're a football legend." I say shaking his hand and gave him a faint smile.

Messi laughs and smiles and winks at Neymar. Neymar giggles and nudges Messi. Okay, was something happening right now or am I being dumb enough to not notice?

"Thanks so much.. Jasmine." Messi replies.

"How do you guys know each other?" He asks myself and Neymar but I wait silently so that Neymar can respond.

"She's uh, one of my friends who works in LA. She's like a famous celebrity makeup and fashion designer." Neymar says as he looks at me and then looks at Messi.

"That's so good. Can you do Neymar's makeup, I mean he's kinda acts like a female. Have you heard his laugh?" Messi says as he starts to laugh.

Neymar's face goes red and he starts blushing. Well then boy, you really do act like a girl.

"Do you guys just tease each other then?" I ask feeling shy.

"Neymar loves being teased don't you? Come on then, get your ass on the pitch and make her jealous" Messi says as he pulls Neymar away from me.

Neymar looked like he wanted to stay and sit with me longer but he eventually got on the pitch with all his teammates. I smile at him and mouth "go".

Hours passed where I sat and cheered on Neymar and all his friends.  At one point he introduced me to all his teammates but I obviously know who they are. Every now and then Neymar looked up at me, with a guilty face.

I started to feel bored so I decided to message Val and check how she was. She told me her and Antoine were sitting on a beach watching the sun set. Gosh, I really wanted to see my sister and Antoine together.

Just then Neymar runs over to me and sits beside me. Sweat running down his face. His eyes glistened before me as he sits there breathing heavily.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you like that. I wanted to get to know you and talk and-"

"It's fine Ney. I mean I was kinda lonely but it was nice speaking to your friends and watching you play. I have to go now anyways, it's getting late and Valentines probably waiting for me." I say interrupting him.

He smiles at me.

"Here, use this." I say handing him a tissue from my bag. He takes the tissue from my hands. His fingers connect with mine but I move them away quickly feeling shy.

"I'll see you soon Ney. Thank you for this afternoon." I say as I smile and walk off.

"Text me later?" He shouts from behind me. I don't respond but I turn around and smile at him and then walk off.