Chapter 2

"Antoine Griezmann? You mean that famous footballer who plays for Atletico Madrid?" I question her in a demanding tone.

"How do you know what team he plays for? Sorry I didn't think you would know that and yes. Him." She whispers.

I was so shocked. Antoine Griezmann. This young footballer is so well known around the world and my sister happens to be friends with him? No. I don't believe her. But then the Range Rover? I was rather confused so I started eating my lunch.

"Look sis, I bet you're wondering how it all happened right? How I'm "friends" with this famous footballer that so many people go crazy over. Here's the story." She smiles as she eats her food.

"So when I arrived here, my friends took me to this party. It was a celebrations party. And you know my friends, especially Katherine. She's an actress and she's really good friends with so many famous people here, including footballers. Well, that night at the party Antoine Griezmann was there too. You know, with all his teammates. So I was standing around with Katherine and she was talking to Giroud. I obviously know who they all are but I was basically fangirling inside that my bestfriend knew these footballers. Anyways, back to the story. So Hotline Bling came on by Drake and everyone started dancing to it including Katherine and of course Antoine was doing the hotline bling dance that he uses as his celebration dance when he scores, but I felt way too embarrassed to dance so I stood there like a tomato until someone tapped my shoulder. I turn around to see Antoine flipping Griezmann standing in front of me! His accent is just a-mazing! So he basically tells me "join us". Like Jasmine you don't even know, I was literally panicking because he was talking to me and then I walked with him and we started dancing. He even taught me how to do the hotline bling dance. I've mastered it, I'm officially a queen now. At the end of the party, me and Katherine were leaving and he comes up to me and says "it was nice dancing with you Valentine. You're a lovely girl. I hope we meet again." I've obviously met up with him again at other parties and gatherings after that, like two. And at one of them, he gave me his number and he watches things like SpongeBob omg! He said he loves spongebob and I told him I liked squidward and he laughed at me, but yeah. Now we're friends!" She giggled with excitement.

I sat there, my jaw open. I had no food in my mouth of course but I froze. Silent too. How did she? When? How was this possible? All these questions in my head and there she sat. Smiling and eating away.

"Wow. That's.. crazy." I finally say after staying mute.

"So what, now you're like best friends?" I question her.

"No. I wish. But Jas, you don't even know. He's just the sweetest ever, like he's such a dork and oh my gosh I can't." She sighs in a heavenly tone.

"So I missed a lot while I was gone. You better thank Katherine though. I mean if it wasn't for her-"

"I know, I know. I'm thankful for her. But I'm also thankful for meeting him and getting to be around his happy vibes." She interrupts in a reassuring manner.

We finished eating our lunch and sipped away on our drinks. Just then, Valentine pulls out her purse to pay the money but I pause her.

"Val, I'll pay. It's fine, I got it." I say as I stop her and go to grab my purse.

"No, sis leave it. I'll treat you to today's lunch. Besides, it's your first day here." She insists while she smiles and gets her money out.

The waiter then comes over and collects the money.

"Gracias. See you soon!" He says as he smiles at us and takes the money.

We both pick up our bags and exit the restaurant.

"Lets go home Jas, you must be knackered." Val says as we walk towards her car.

"I still can't believe that you met Anti-"

"Ouch, sorry" I bump into someone. I look up to see.. Neymar Jr And Antoine Griezmann? What were they doing here?

"Sorry and no it's fine. It's not your fault" Neymar smiles as he apologises. Confused and freaking out internally, I notice Antoine looking around crazily as if he was looking for someone.

"Bro, what are you looking for?" Neymar says as he nudges Griezmann.

"Valentine. I swear I saw Valentine walking with this girl." Antoine responds in his French accent.

"That's my sister and yeah she's right... Here?" I say pausing as I turn around to see Valentine had disappeared. Wait, where did she go?

"Valentine? Where did she go? She was right here with me.  Talking to me" I mutter to myself.

"She's your sister?" Antoine interrupts me.

"Yeah she is, but I don't know where she went haha." I respond laughing awkwardly. I look to see Neymar staring at Antoine thinking if Antoine saw a ghost or something and I then looked at Antoine to see his face confused and him smiling.

"I never knew she had a sister? She never told me that." He replies laughing.

"Oh right haha. She can be shy." I say as I cross my arms.

So she never told him about me, wait till I find her.

Just then, Valentine runs up to me and grabs my arm pulling me away.

"Sorry I left something behind in the restaurant, let's go Jasmine. Uh, we're getting late!" She exclaims.

"Wait what do you mean we're getting late? What are you talking about and why are you acting weird." I ask her feeling very confused.

I turn around to see Neymar smiling at me and Antoine laughing. Laughing at Valentine.

"I thought I saw you Valentine!" Antoine shouts in his accent.

Valentine pauses and turns around. She gives Antoine the sarcastic smile. She then leans towards me and whispers "I'm trying to avoid him. I can't have him see me like this."

"You look fine. Besides, the way you're acting right now is making you look like a freak." I whisper back.

"How come you were never at the party, Valentine's sister?" Neymar asks me.

I scratch my head feeling shy. "I was in LA just finishing work. The names Jasmine." I say smiling at him.

He smiles back at me. Just then, Antoine says "okay, we better be off. We're going to have lunch. See you soon Valentine. Oh, and Valentine's sister." Antoine says as he winks at Valentine and walks off.

"It's Jasmine Antoine." Neymar laughs as he gives Antoine a little push. He smiles at me and then walks off.

"Okay. What just happened?" I ask as an open question to myself and Valentine. 

"I have no idea. Probably the fact that Antoine winked at me!" Valentine squeals.

"Did you see the way Neymar smiled at you though? And the way he reminded Antoine your name. Oh my god, what if he likes you?" Valentine giggles as she jumps up and down.

"What? No. Come on, let's go home. I'm tired." I say trying to hide my smile but all I could think of was Neymar smiling at me.

What if he did like me? No. Can't be. Neymar would smile at everyone.