Ghostly Hour

Chapter 50: ghostly hour
-Bex p.o.v.-

The room was silent. Everyone was staring at me. I was staring at each of them individually, looking into each of their eyes before lifting my gaze to the next.

Finally I spoke, filling the silence, "I bet you are all wondering why I have gathered you here today."

Again, there was silence. You could only hear the breathing of the group that surrounded the long dining table. I sat at the head of the table, my fingers looped together, sitting on top of the table.

"As you all know, I am the only key to your masters existence." I continued on, "and though, I will probably not be joining your side. Just because you are all creepy and weird and I think that you will kill me in my sleep if I breath in your direction." I shrugged, telling them the truth. "But that doesn't matter. Back to what I was saying; since I am so vitally important to your cause, I would like you all to call me any of these names." I then began to list off the names I had spent all morning coming up with. "First, there is Supreme Ruler, or you can call me Master of the Living and Dead, or maybe Supreme Ruler and Master of all things Living and Dead, if you want to be formal, that is."

One of Tom's death-munchers looked at me, confusion seeping across his features. "Wait. Why are we suppose to be calling you this again?" He scratched his head, completely lost.

I sighed, "we're you not listening? You are to call me that because I am awesome! And because I control your master's fate, but that's just another way of saying I'm awesome."

"Oh! Right." He nodded, "sorry, Supreme Ruler and Master of all things Living and Dead." He grinned, though he still looked lost at what was happening.

"Good boy." I smiled, "any other questions?"

"I have one," a smooth voice came from the doorway. "What exactly are you doing with all of my Death Eaters?"

"Oh hey Tommy!" I grinned, "I'm informing them of the name I would like them to refer to me as."

He chuckled, "and that is?"

I looked at the death-munchers, signaling them to answer. "The Supreme Ruler and Master of all things Living and Dead." They spoke together.

"Hmmm Supreme Ruler and Master of all things Living and Dead?" He chuckled, pretending to think. "It has a certain charm to it, it's catchy. Describes you perfectly." Tom pushed off the doorframe, entering the room and coming to stand behind me. "That will be all, leave us."

They immediately deciphered, leaving us alone in the room, the only source of light being the fire. The flames danced, their light bouncing off of Tom's face, only making him more handsome. And dangerous looking.

"I've decided to let you go back to Hogwarts." Tom informed me, standing before me, looking down into my eyes.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief, my eyes widening and my heart stopping for a second at such a surprise.

"Yes." He nodded, "you will be going back tomorrow night. Just in time for dinner at Hogwarts."

"Thank you so much Tommy!" I kept from my chair, wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug full of so many different emotions.

"But only on one condition." Tom stated, his strong arms supporting me. "You must wear my ring at all times. It will bind us together, so I can call you here at anytime."

"Of course." I replied almost instantly, I probably would have agreed to anything.

"Then here you are," Tom slipped his ring from his finger and held it out to me. I held my hand out to him, allowing him to slide it on my finger.

It was a simple ring, a dark stone in the middle, surrounded by a snake. As soon as it was around my skin it tightened magically, not allowing for the ring to be pulled off.

"As long as you are wearing that ring I'll be able to find you. You won't be hurt, stolen, lost, anything. I'll be with you every second you wear the ring." He explained, "but if you take it off, I'll be forced to send Rosier out to get you."

"You have my word." I told him truthfully.

"Then you will be free to leave tomorrow night. In the morning you will need to be present at my meeting." Tom instructed.

I looked at him interestedly, "I get to join the meeting?" I was never allowed to join Tom's meetings with the death-munchers.

"You are bound to me, you are now a part of myself. You are also a part of my organization," Tom offered.

When the next day came around I couldn't wait, first I would get to sit in on Tom's oh-so-secret meetings with the death-munchers then I would be going back to school.

Which is weird to think about, I was excited to go back to school. I was turning into a nerd, I thought grumpily to myself. Shaking those thoughts from my head I entered the dining room, where the meeting was to be held.

All of the death-munchers were already in their places, slouched over and grumbling to each other. When I entered they sat at attention: backs straight, hands clasped on their laps, eyes straight forward.

"Morning death-munchers," I greeted them with a smile, walking easily into the room and taking my seat on the right hand side of the head of the table. Next to where Tom was to sit.

Many different replies answered me, "morning Supreme Ruler.", "morning Master of the Living and Dead.", and even a few "morning Supreme Ruler and Master of all things Living and Dead."

Tom entered soon after our morning greetings, gaining another round of greetings to erupt throughout the room.

The meeting wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. All they did was talk about plans for taking over the world and becoming the darkest wizard ever. It was stupid. I ended up zoning out, thinking about what would be happening later tonight.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Tom placed a hand on my shoulder. The room was empty, only the two of us left. "Time to go, love." He chuckled, "I'll be dropping you off outside of the school gate."

I grinned, "alright."

Next thing I knew, we were standing outside of the Hogwarts front gate. The iron gate being the only thing blocking me from being home.

"I'll see you soon, love." Tom winked, disappearing as he apperated away, most likely back to his house.

With my newly returned wand, I opened the gates, entering the grounds. Entering Hogwarts.

The walk to the castle was uninteresting. It was quiet and boring. But it made me feel only excitement, the only thing stoping me from being in the great hall right now was the walk across the grounds. I was that close to being home.

I entered through the courtyard, only yards from the great hall's large doors. With a deep breath I flung the doors open, entering the great hall.

Time seemed to stop. Everyone's attention was now on me; not a single person wasn't staring at me.

"Hey guys, can I get a sandwich? I am craving a sandwich really badly." I spoke, breaking the trance.

"Bex!" Lily stood. She was staring at me with wide eyes, she was looking at me as if I was a ghost.

"Hey Lily," I greeted, walking down the isles between the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables. "Mind if I take this?" I asked a blonde girl, reaching around her to pick the sandwich up from the plate sitting in the middle of the table.

"Uh yeah sure," she was staring at me with wonder in her eyes, maybe she thinks I'm famous or I'm a ghost. That would explain why everyone is staring at me so weirdly. The crazy thing is I don't remember dying, I couldn't help but think.

"Thanks." I took a bite from it, moaning at how delicious it tasted, "man I haven't had a sandwich made by a house elf in forever. It's tough being kidnapped." I told the girl, making conversation.

It seems as if everyone was listening because almost as soon as I said it, I was hurried from the room. Dad and Minnie were leading me away from the great hall, my sandwich still clutched in my hand.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, "I'm starving, I want food!"

They didn't respond, only continued to drag me away. Lily was following behind, along with the boys. When we got to my father's office, they allowed me to walk on my own.

"Thanks." I muttered, walking up the stairs. Plopping down in one of the chairs, I took a bite of my sandwich.

"Ariana, what happened?" Dad asked once everyone was settled in the office.

"Ask him." I grumbled, looking at Sirius pointedly.

He looked at me with a guilty look on his face, showing how sorry he was. "I'm so sorry, Bex, I didn't mean it." He tried asking for forgiveness.

"Forget it." I looked away from him, down at the sandwich, "it's fine. Whatever."

"What happened after you ran from my house?" James asked, changing the subject.

I narrowed my eyes, "what do you think happened? I was kidnapped." I told them firmly, glaring at each of their remorseful faces.

"What did they do to you?" Lily asked, her voice was soft and terrified, like she was scared of the answer.

I looked away, not able to keep eye contact with her. She seemed to take that as something horrible and she began to sob quietly. "Nothing," I spoke.

They all had a certain look on their faces, like they didn't believe it, but left it alone. It was clear I didn't want to talk about my kidnapping.

"Who was it, Ariana? Who kidnapped you?" Dad asks urgently, "I need to know so I can do something to help."

I looked straight into his eyes, "there's nothing you can do. I'm bound to him," I breathed, barely speaking over a whisper.

"To who? Who are you bound to?" He spoke with such forcefulness.

"His name is Tom Marvolo Riddle. I'm bound to Lord Voldemort." I finally admitted, speaking it aloud made it seem so much worse than it originally did.

Gasps sounded throughout the room. Then it was silent. Only Lily's sobs could be heard.

Remus spoke up, "I'm sure there's something we can do," he was trying to be hopeful. He was trying to make everyone feel better.

I glared, my body went stiff, my eyes cold, "I said there was nothing that could be done. I agreed to be bound to him. It's a burden I have to live with now. It's my fault."

Minnie took in a sharp breath, "why would you agree to it?"

"He promised to let me go. He said as long as I kept the ring on, we would be bound. He could find me at any moment, help me, save me from anything."

"Take off the ring!" Sirius was staring at the ring that was wrapped around my left ring finger.

"I can't, I gave my word." I repeated, "he said he'd let me go if I agreed."

"Bex," James spoke softly, reaching out for me, "come here love."

I flinched, "don't call me that, they called me that."

"Who?" Dad asked.

I glared, refusing to show weakness. "I'm going to bed." I stood and walked to the door, turning back I asked a simple question, "did you even look for me?" Silence met my ears, I left the room, no one tried to stop me.

Just as I thought, they didn't even notice I was gone until it was too late. They didn't search for me when I didn't come back. They didn't even look for me when I didn't show for the first day of semester.

It seems I'm truly alone in this world. Maybe I really am a ghost. Maybe I died after being kidnapped and just can't remember it.

But then again, I'm not alone, I'm bound to someone who actually enjoys my presence and needs me.

---------------------------
What do you guys think? Good? Bad? Needs work?
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and all that stuff. Thanks guys!