The Prophecy

Chapter 34: the prophecy
-Bex p.o.v.-

"It's my prophecy! I deserve to know!"

"Are you sure that you are ready?" My father asked. He sat in his chair, his hands folded, looking as calm and professional as always.

"Yes." I spoke in all seriousness.

"Once you know the prophecy you will learn many different things. Things I was planning to tell you when you turned of age." He justified.

"I'm ready."

"If you are so sure," he sighed, "I am no one to stop you from finding out about your future." He stood from his chair and walked to the shelf of his many books. Pulling a small chest from the shelf and setting it on the desk between us.

He rifled through the many bits of papers and other objects in the chest. "What is all of this?" I asked.

"All of the things I have collected having to do with you." Dad spoke still going through the box.

"Like what?" I began to get curious.

"Your birth certificate, baby pictures, prophecies, your other things." He spoke glancing up at me briefly.

"Really? Can I look through it?"

"In time, my dear." He chuckled and pulled a scroll from the box.

"This isn't the true prophecy, merely a copy of the prophecy. The real prophecies are kept in the Ministry of Magic, you will be able to get those when you are of age." Dad spoke and held out the scroll for me to take.

I carefully took the scroll of parchment. With gentle hands I unrolled it. I glanced up at my dad.

"Go ahead, when your ready." He nodded in encouragement.

Andrew smiled, sending me a small bit of courage.

I gave a small sigh before looking down at the words on the paper, reading aloud.

"The girl, only days after her birth will be all alone,
Her parents vanquished by the Dark Lord,
Her only family not able to take her in,
She will be brought to the only one he fears.
Her powers powerful before she could even speak,
Her heart strong before she could walk,
Her mind smart before she could truly think,
She will be the one to help destroy him.
She becomes the guardian of the one who will vanquish the Dark Lord,
She knows how to destroy him,
She will teach the boy how to finish the evil off.
Her power will take over,
Seven powers in all,
One to symbolize her temper,
One to hide from the ones that wish to destroy her,
One for those lost in the wars,
One for her heart of gold,
One for the courage she holds,
One to stand for brilliant mind,
One for her persistence,
Together they will help her loved ones,
They will save the Wizarding World.
She is our last hope."

I looked at the two in the room with me, "I have no idea what any of that meant."

"In time, you will understand in time." Dad chuckled.

"But that can't be me, I wasn't separated at birth, you're still alive. I don't know how to destroy anyone. I don't have seven powers. I can't save the Wizarding World! I'm not anyone's last hope!" I tried to convince them.

"Ariana dear, be calm." Dad spoke in his soft, calm voice. "You will understand in time. You must wait until the time is right."

"It will all make sense when the time is right." Andrew agreed.

"No, you guys don't understand!" I threw my hands up in exasperation, "I can't be that person. I can't have the whole world resting in my hands! I can barely take care of myself! They must have mixed me up with someone."

"The prophecies come with names, it is no ones but yours." Dad explained.

"It can't be me." I murmured, falling to my knees. My hand hit the wood flooring with a thud, my only support being my hands and knees. I shut my eyes tight, letting my head hang down.

"But it is you." Andrew spoke softly, just barely was I able to hear him.

------------
Two chapters in one day! Woooooo! Lol so what do ya think? She now knows her destiny.... Sorta. She doesn't understand but she is still aware of her future.
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. thanks everyone!