Lily's Temper

Chapter 21: Lily's temper
-Bex p.o.v.-

At dinner, we all sat together. Me and James with Liam on my other side and Sirius across from James, Remus across from me, and Peter next to Remus.

Lily sat just seats away, with Alice and Marlene.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked, sharing looks with the boys. Peter looked confused but shrugged it off and started pigging out.

"Let's do this." James grinned, grabbing my left hand underneath the table and pulled it across my lap so he could have it on his lap. I gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"She'll be over before the meal is done, so all we have to do is act like a new couple and later tonight we can practice some more." I explained. "You rejoined the team, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Wood was pretty happy about that." He chuckled.

"Good. We're gonna be amazing." I smirked.

"Now start normal talk, Lily has been looking over frequently." Remus interrupted.

"So how close are you to my brother?" Sirius asked.

I shrugged, "we have nicknames for each other. Well actually I came up with nicknames for Lucius, Severus, and Regulus and then they decided to come up with a nickname for me together."

"Nicknames? Really?" Sirius asked frowning deeply.

"Yes, there's nothing wrong with friendly nicknames." I said sternly.

"What are these nicknames?" James asked curiously.

"I call Severus: Sev, Regulus is: Reggie, and Lucius is: Lucy." I smiled, "and they call me Aria."

"Aria?" Remus asked.

"Yeah, because my first name is Ariana," I explained to them.

"That's pretty." Liam smiled.

"Thanks," I grinned at him. "But only my dad calls me Ariana."

"How come that is?" Remus asked.

"Well I was named after my dads sister, so he likes to call me by my name sake. But I think it's too girly, I wanted to be calls something that's fun and unique," I shrugged.

They all nodded, "interesting," James said.

I simply shrugged.

"Hello Bex," Lily said coming up behind Remus and Sirius, on the opposite side of the table from me and James.

"Hey Lily." I smiled at her.

"Hello Evans." James smiled at her as if he didn't have a care in the world.

"Oh, hello Potter." She said sounding surprised. "So, ummm, everything's okay?"

"Yeah, it's all good." I smiled.

"So he's joined the team again?" Lily asked glancing at James for a second before turning back to me.

"Yeah," I nodded. "He's back on the team."

"How did that happen? He was so angry this morning." Lily spoke in awe.

"Oh, it was easy, he just had to get some inspiration. He said this morning that you were his inspiration for playing, so I guess he got some more." I smiled at James. He grinned back.

"What inspiration is that?" Lily asked. Everyone turned to face her, everyone except Peter. "You didn't agree for me to go on a date with him, did you?" Lily asked, narrowing her eyes at me and then looking to James.

I giggled, "no, but he did get a date."

"A date? With who?" She asked curiously.

I lifted our entwined hands and placed it on the table, letting her see them.

"You are going on a date with Potter?" She asked, her eyes widening in horror.

"Yeah, he asked me earlier. It was so sweet, he gave me roses and everything." I smiled at James.

"Umm, Bex, can I speak to you... privately?" Lily questioned.

"Yeah sure." I pecked James on the cheek and stood, he kissed my knuckles and released my hand.
I followed Lily out of the great hall. We walked into an empty room and Lily turned on me.

"What are you playing at Bex?" She glared. "You have no interest in Potter at all, why are you dating him? It's wrong to play with people's emotions," she glared at me. Her temper was rising by the minute, she looked enraged.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, "I'm not playing at anything!" I defended myself, lying in the process; but she would thank me when they end up together.

"You don't like him at all!" She glared.

"Just so you know, I've liked James for over a week now, but he would never go for me with you in the picture. So finally when he gets over you and notices me, you get mad?! You don't even like him! You hate his guts!"

Lily got quiet but quickly regained her composure. "That doesn't mean I want you to play with his heart!"

"I'm not playing with his heart!" I yelled.

"So getting him to think you like him just so he joins the team, yeah, that's not playing with his heart or anything." Lily glared, "I asked you to talk some sense into him and get him to rejoin the team! Not mess with him! What happens when he finds out you don't like him and quits the team once more? I'm not going to mess with his heart then."

"I'm not messing with him! I did explain it, he joined the team, it was fine!" I crossed my arms. "He joined the team and then he asked me out!"

"So you didn't date him so he would join the team?" She asked, not believing me.

"No, I didn't." I glared at her, "and frankly, I'm insulted you would think that. He's so sweet and nice and handsome, he's amazing. If you didn't realise that before that's not my problem, Lily. You had your chance with him, years worth of time. I'm just getting my chance, please don't ruin this for me Lily?" I asked her sweetly.

She pursed her lips, still somewhat angry. "So you've liked Potter for a while?" She narrowed her eyes.

"Yes," I smiled.

"Why have you never told me?! I'm your best friend!" She scolded.

I looked down at my feet, faking shyness. "Well, you always go on and on about how much you hate him and stuff. I couldn't just say that I liked James out of nowhere." I shrugged.

"How long have you been together?" She asked challenging my story.

"At free time," I grinned. "He gave me roses and Sirius and Remus video taped it." I giggled. "It was so adorable and he was so nervous."

"Can I see it?" She asked curiously.

"Of course," I nodded with a grin. "And Lily?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for being my friend. Even if you hate James, it's very nice of you to be supportive for me. Thank you." I hugged her.

"It's the least I could do, you're my best friend," she gave a small smile and returned the hug.

I smirked over her shoulder, 'she is so jealous' I thought.

I grabbed James' hand as we walked down the corridor. He looked at me, eyebrows frowned. "Lily was looking," I explained to him quietly.

He nodded in understanding and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder while still holding my hand, so that my right hand was dangling near my left shoulder, only being held up by mine and James' connected hands.

We entered the common room, James pulling me to the couch by the fire. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap so I was sitting sideways, my back facing the arm of the couch and my legs over his lap and resting on the couch cushion.

"Where is the tape?" Lily asked.

"Sirius should have it," James shrugged.

"Oh, right here." Sirius grabbed the camera from his bag. He held it out to Lily.

Lily looked up from the camera, having watched James ask me out. "That is so sweet." She said, she looked to be forcing a smile onto her face.

"I know right!" I squealed hugging Lily tightly. "He's so adorable," I pecked James' cheek.

He chuckled and grinned at me, not looking at Lily, he tightened his hold on my waist and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Ummm, I'm going to head to bed, it's getting late." Lily said standing.

"Are you sure?" I asked frowning. "It's not that late."

"Yeah, I'm planning on waking up early to do some homework," she said.

"Alright, goodnight." I smiled at her.

"Night." And she hurried out of sight.

We all watched her go, when she was finally gone I grinned. "She is so jealous, she likes you."

"Yes!" James cheered.

"So now we just have to continue on, and get her to admit it, then it's all up to your charm." I smirked at James.

"Wicked." James smiled brightly.

"Let's go," Sirius stood. "We have practice to do."

"Right, kissing." I shared a look with James.

James chuckled and nodded. We both stood and walked with Sirius to the boys dorm.

--------
What do you think? Lily got pretty mad, huh? Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, etc. thanks!