To Save Him

Chapter 48: To Save Him
-Bex p.o.v.-

"What do you want from me?" I growled, my glare burning deep into his soul.

The man let out an evil chuckle, "oh no need to worry, my dear, our master just wants to speak with you."

"Your master?" I asked the tall, dark colored man that had decided to kidnap me from the park.

"That's right, my master." The man grinned widely, his nasty teeth on full view. "He requested you personally. He's quite fascinated by you."

I glared, "what are you talking about? I don't care about your master, you're a sick freak. I'm going to hurt you so bad as soon as I get out of these binds." I spoke in a low, dangerous voice.

He laughed. His deep, rumbling laughter that sent chills down my spine. "Good luck with that, sweetheart. I'll be back for you in the evening." He smirked, baring his teeth, "try not to hurt yourself."

He left the room, slamming the door behind him, a click signaling that he had locked the door.

I was alone. Trapped in this room. Bound at my wrists and ankles. Stuck on a large, king sized bed. In some sort of manor, from what I could tell.

I groaned, leaning back against the pillows. The binds were too tight, every time I moved it dug into my wrists, rubbing away skin. It didn't help in the spot that had a small cut from the friendship bracelet I had torn off in James' house.

Regret sunk in. What I would give to hold the bracelet in my hands right now. The want I felt deep in my bones for the boys I had grown so close to, for some part of them to be with me. To hold close to my heart.

But the bracelet was gone. I had nothing of the boys. My boys.

I immediately pushed the thoughts of them from my head. If I wished to escape, I needed to focus.

But of course, some part, deep down, knew I would not be escaping. Not a part I wanted to listen to, but it was useless. Trying to escape would only exert energy, I would fail.

With the horrible thoughts filling my head I drifted off to a sleep, uncomfortable on the bed. Praying for something to help me. Someone to help me. Anything at all.

I jerked awake at the sharp sound of knocking. I turned confused, looking around the room. Unsure of where I was. Then it all came back to me.

The man in the park. Being kidnapped. Appearing in the random manor. Talking to the man. Falling asleep.

The sound came again. It took a second to realize that someone was knocking on the door. "Yes?"

"I was only informing you that I am coming in." The familiar voice of the unknown man met my ears and the door swung open. "Have a nice sleep, huh, sweetheart?"

I glared at him. Not responding.

"Alright, no need to get angry. Wouldn't want a fire to start." He chuckled at his own joke. With the flick of his raised wand the binds around my wrists and ankles disappeared.

"You have got to be one of the worst kidnappers ever." I frowned, shaking my head in disappointment at the man.

"It's not kidnapping, I only bound you to keep you from trying to escape." The man rolled his eyes and lifted me from the bed by my elbow. He began to take me down a maze of hallways. "My master would like to see you now. He'll be talking with you in the dining room."

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes, "because forcefully taking someone to some place unknown and binding them by their arms and legs is not kidnapping."

"Alright, no need to get defensive." He shot back.

I was lead to the dining room, a large room with a long table. Twenty or so chairs surrounding it.

"Please, take a seat Miss. Dumbledore. Would you like anything?"

I looked up to meet the dark eyes of a very handsome man who was standing at the head of the table, waiting. He was tall, jet black hair, dark eyes, pale skin. It was distracting for a second, having only been around the man who had kidnapped me. To go from such an ugly man to one as handsome as the young man in front of me was a shocking moment.

"How do you know who I am?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the handsome boy who couldn't have been much older then myself.

He chuckled, his laugh as sweet as honey. "I've been keeping an eye on you for a while now. You're a very interesting person."

"So you know who I am, what is your name?" I asked curiously, glancing at the man at my side. He stood tall, not slouched as he was previously, he looked straight ahead. He was stiff, like a soldier waiting for orders.

Once more the man chuckled, he stepped away from the head of the table, making his way towards us. "Of course, I am Tom Marvolo Riddle." He held his hand out for me to shake.

When I put my hand out to shake his, he took it in his and brought it to his lips, his eyes never left mine as he placed a sod kiss on my knuckles. "And you are this ones master?" I asked, ignoring his charming move, my eyes flickering to the stiff man next to me.

"Yes," he smirked. "Thank you Rosier. That will be all for now."

At being dismissed the man, Rosier, bowed and left. Leaving me and Tom alone in the large dining room.

"Please, come, sit and talk with me." He smiled charmingly. Taking me by the hand and leading me to a comfortable love seat by the fireplace. He sat down next to me, looking at me expectantly, most likely waiting for the questions that were about to flow from my mouth.

"Why was I kidnapped?" I asked first, the most obvious and most important question.

He raised a dark eyebrow, "from what I understood, you were unhappy when Rosier found you. Why is that?" He avoided the question, asking one of his own.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I asked you first."

He looked amused, "how about this. We go back and forth. I'll answer your questions if you answer mine."

"Alright." I agreed, "you have to answer my question first though."

"Agreed, I had you brought to my house because you are very important to me." He answered easily.

I sent him a weird look. "I don't always cooperated with stalkers that well." I informed.

He laughed again, an actual laugh, not a chuckle. "No need to worry, love, I'm not stalking you. You are just very important to my future. Now answer my question."

"I was in an argument with a friend and stormed out when he said something. I was running to get my mind off of what had happened and ended up lost in the park." I explained, frowning.

"Who was this friend?" He asked curiously.

"No, it's my turn." I pointed out, he nodded in agreement, waiting for my question. "Why am I so important to your future?"

His face turned serious, all joking and signs of his previous laughter gone. "You are the key to my survival. The prophecy states that you can help me to survive anything. With you I'll be able to live forever."

I looked at him curiously, "I've heard my prophecy. That's not what it says."

He chuckled, "so old Dumbledore hasn't shared with you all of your prophecies?" I shook my head no, "you have three."

"What are they?" I asked.

"Ah, I do believe it is my turn to ask the question." The left corner of his mouth twitched up, creating a half smile full of amusement.

"Actually you just asked if my father has told me of all of my prophecies." I smirked, "it's my turn."

He chuckled, "right you are. There are three. One stating how powerful you will be, all of the powers you will get and what you are destined to do with those powers. Another that makes you the guardian of a boy that will grow to defeat the most evil wizard alive. And the last, saying that you could go a different route with your power, you'd be able to stop something as strong as death. It says that you will be able to help me rule over the world."

I looked at him strangely. "So you kidnapped me because someone saw that I would help you defeat death and rule over the Wizarding World..." I trailed off.

"And the muggles." He added with a nod. "That is correct."

"Yeah, well, I'm sorry to disappoint you. But I'm not going to be doing that." I said looking at the man uneasily.

"Is that so?" He questioned, an amused glint in his eyes.

"Yeah. As much as I would love to rule over both the muggle and wizarding worlds, it's not going to happen."

"And nothing is going to change your mind?"

"No. I doubt anything will be able to change my mind." I informed him.

"Even if I told you that I am the man that is killing off the non-pure people." He smirked, watching me closely.

My breathing paused for a second, shock filling my mind. "That's you? You're killing muggle-borns?"

"Yes. That is my work, love." He smirked, standing and walking to the fireplace. He leant against the marble sculpting, his arms crossed over his chest, he looked at me expectantly.

"I thought that was some guy called 'Lord Voldemort', your name is Tom." I accused with a glare.

He pulled his wand from his pocket. Spelling his name in the air and rearranging the letters.

"I am Lord Voldemort." He said, just as the letters created a sentence.

I am Lord Voldemort

"That's not possible." I breathed.

His smirk widened. "Anything's possible, love, isn't that what your father always says?" He chuckled.

"I'm stuck in a house with a killer. What a great Christmas holiday." I said in a bored, monotone voice.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't hurt you. You have pure blood and I need you." He reassured me, only truth coming from his mouth.

"So what am I suppose to call you?" I asked confused.

"Whatever you like, love." He smirked, trying to charm me.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the charm. I've dealt with the Black brothers countless times. Charming doesn't bother me one bit. "Well Voldemort is just weird. So Tom it is!"

"Of course," he nodded.

"Hey Tommy? Can I have some food? I haven't eaten since last night." I said, my stomach growling to emphasise my point.

He chucked, "yes, follow me," he took me out of the dining room and to the kitchen.

"So is this really your house?" I asked looking around me.

He nodded, looking over his shoulder at me, "yes. It was my father's, Tom Riddle Sr.'s, he owned it. But seeing as I've killed him, it is now mine." He said with a shrug.

I stopped walking for a second, then continued to follow him. "You killed your father?"

"He didn't love my mother or want anything to do with me. I was forced to live in an orphanage for my childhood and over the summers while I went to Hogwarts. Your father was actually the one that came to visit me an tell me that I was a wizard." Tom explained.

I frowned, "so you killed the man that helped make you, because he refused to have anything to do with you and your mother? That's harsh."

Tom shrugged easily, not feeling anything, "he left my mum when he found out she was a witch."

It suddenly made sense to me, "so that's the reason your killing muggles and muggle-borns. You hated how your father didn't love your mother because she was a witch. So you're killing the muggles as revenge for your fathers hatred of your mother. And of course since the muggle-borns come from muggle families, you hate how they are excepted by their parents unlike you with your father."

"That's very perceptive of you." Tom looked at me, slightly impressed. He began to rummage through the cabinets, pulling out various ingredients.

With all of the different things, Tom began to make two sandwiches. It was a strange sight, to see a man who had confessed to killing many people. People I had read about in the newspaper, their deaths tallied under the new murderers belt. The murderer who was making me a sandwich.

We sat at the dining table in silence. I was frantically attacked the sandwich, it was close the twenty-four hours since I had last had a meal. Feeling eyes on my I looked up, my mouth stuffed.

Tom was watching me, amusement evident on his face. "How is it?"

"Good," I was able to speak around the bite in my mouth.

"I'm glad you like it." He smirked.

"So how long am I suppose to stay here?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only until I can be sure of everything I need to know." He said simply.

We talks for the rest of the night, about my powers, his life at Hogwarts, his followers, my father, the prophecies, and countless other things.

"Have a good sleep, I'll see you in the morning." Tom told me and left me to be taken back to the room by Rosier.

The days seemed to fly by. She was sure that someone would find out she had been kidnapped. The house elves when she didn't return? Ozzy when she wasn't there to spend the rest of her break with him? The boys when she never returned? Her dad? Lily? Anyone?

But soon enough, it was the first day of the second semester. No one came to rescued her. No one had mentioned anything about being released anytime soon, so Bex figured she would be staying longer.

In the morning she was fetched by Rosier, like every other morning. He took her to the dining hall, pulling the chair out for her and then leaving her alone. Tom always seemed to magically appear with food seconds after he left the room.

"Good morning," Tom smiled, setting a plate of food in front of her. "Did you have a good sleep?"

"Yes," I nodded, also smiling at him. "Hey Tom?"

He looked up from his own plate, waiting for the question.

"When will I be going to school again?" I asked curiously, taking a bite of the delicious eggs he had made.

"Soon, love, soon." He assured.

I nodded, going back to my food. It was the eleventh morning of waking up in Tom's house. Almost two weeks since Christmas. About a week from New Year's Eve. And the first day of the new semester.

Over the time at Tom's house Bex had seen many of Tom's soldiers or as they liked to call themselves 'death eaters'. She has met quite a few of them, and even questioned them on their choice of name.

She had taken it upon herself to call them death-munchers, to tease them endlessly, and even to anger them to the point where Tom had to force them to leave before the pulled their wands out on the girl.

She had also convinced Tom to instruct the death-munchers to call her 'supreme overlord and ruler of all things living and dead'. Just like she had always wanted someone to call her.

She wasn't really that mad about having to stay. In fact it was a relief to be around someone that was so intent on keeping her safe and protecting her, no matter how dangerous he was around others. She actually liked being around Tom.

He was intelligent, it was easy to have a nice conversation with him. He was demanding and self reliant, he did things for himself. He was also very protective of Bex, he didn't allow his death-munchers to be alone with her. He was always at her side.

It was like having a new friend. One that didn't question her choices. One that was always there to listen and talk. One that she could count on.

It was different from the vibe she got from others. She felt different with him.

The more time she spent with Tom the more she didn't think about the boys. The more she relaxed. The more she let go. The more she felt free and not like she had to act so strong.

But she also knew she couldn't befriend him. He was a killer. Ruthless, full of hatred, a force to be reckoned with. She would never be able to forgive herself if she became friends with someone like him. If she turned to the dark side. If she helped him to gain control over both worlds.

And that, she knew was his goal. He acted so nice to her because she was the key to his survival. She was his secret weapon.

So she decided. She was not going to the dark side. She was staying on the good side. She would follow the prophecy that said she would help a boy defeat the Dark Lord, she would help defeat Tom. She had to.

Even though, some part of her, deep down, wanted to be the one to change him. To help him away from his own greediness. She wished to save him.

-------------------------
SURPRISE! Sooooooooo..... What do you think? Anyone expect Voldemort to show up? And what about her other prophecies? Surprising huh?
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and everything! Thanks!