The Results

Chapter 9: The Results
-Bex p.o.v.-

I was still laughing as we made our way towards the portrait hole. Remus said the password in between his fits of chuckles and The Fat Lady allowed us entrance. We entered one at a time: first Remus, then James, myself after him, Sirius following me, and Peter at the very end.

My laughter quickly subsided and my footing faltered when I noticed everyone staring at us.

"What are you all looking at?" Sirius barked, his eyes narrowing and his voice tainted in annoyance. Everyone immediately looked away in fear of Sirius' temper.

"The quidditch team results are up!" An Irish accent spoke bravely from the silent crowd.

"Well go on then." James nudged me forward, his eyes gleaming with excitement and a grin on his mouth. "Go see if you made it."

I smiled at him and slowly made my way forward. The crowd parted, creating a path for me to walk, leading me straight to the bulletin board.

I stopped short, only feet from the board. My eyes met his and I froze, but not of fear, not of happiness, more of surprise than anything.

He stood there, leaning against the wall next to the board. His large biceps folded across his well defined chest, making him look bigger and stronger. His eyes glittered with amusement and a smirk played on his lips. "Go on. Check for yourself." He spoke clearly.

I made my way closer to Wood and scanned the bulletin board for the piece of information I needed. My eyes landed on the piece of thick parchment, scribbled across the top, barely legible was The Gryffindor Quidditch Team

I cleared my throat and read aloud: "Seeker, James Potter. Keeper, Kaleb Cromwell. Chasers:!Gregory Wood (captain), Marlene McKinnon, and Hunter Johnson. Beaters: Sirius Black and Bex Dumbledore."

My eyes widened at the last few words. I had really made the team. In all of the excitement I jumped on Wood, squeezing him into a tight hug. Once I realized what I did I pulled back, "oh, uh. Sorry. I didn't mean to attack you."

He just chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist, returning the hug. "You did great. Welcome to the team." He whispered in my ear. "I think you should go give Potter and Black a big hug, they are the ones who convinced you to tryout."

"Thanks." I smiled at him and pulled away.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "You're family now."

I turned and my eyes caught sight of James. I ran into his waiting arms and he lifted me up. "I'm so happy! I knew you would make it, you did amazing at tryouts. You'll be great. I just know you will."

I pulled back a tad to look into his eyes. "Thanks James. You're a great friend."

He grinned at me. "What are friends for," he gave a small shrug before setting me back on my feet.

I was scooped up into someone's arms as soon as I touched the floor. The strong arms spun me around before pulling me close to his chest. I giggled, knowing exactly who it was, "Remus, I kinda need to breathe." I joked, laughing with him.

He chuckled and loosened his hold on me. "Congratulations on making the team. You did amazing and truly do deserve that position." He smiled at me.

"Thanks Remus," I grinned at him.

Someone cleared their throat and tapped Remus on the shoulder. "Forgetting someone?"

I giggled and looked over Remus' shoulder, right into the stormy grey eyes of Sirius.