It's All Because I had Breakfast with the Slytherins

Chapter 16: it's all because I had breakfast with the Slytherins
-Bex's p.o.v.-

After a wonderful sleep the first thing I heard in the morning was Lily screeching. "Bex!"

I jolted awake. Standing, I easily grabbed my beaters bat, that sat at the end of my bed and on top of my trunk's lid. "What is it?" I held the bat up, ready to swing at a moments notice.

I glanced around the room: Lily stood by her bed, shock written all over her face; Marlene sat up in her bed, a scared expression taking over; Alice sat upright, tugging the covers to her chin, her eyes darting around the room, searching for anything out of the ordinary. Like Alice I looked around the room. Seeing no trouble I lowered my bat.

"When did you get here?" She asked.
A collective sigh was let out. "Are you serious? You screamed because you saw me asleep in my bed?"

Marlene groaned and stood, she entered the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Alice stood as well, not able to go back to sleep. She grabbed her clothes and began to dress.

"When did you get here last night? It was getting late so I went to sleep." Lily explained.

"I got here right before curfew and spent a little time downstairs with James and Sirius." I said. My thoughts instantly went back to my kiss with Sirius.

"Oh, if I'd known I would have stayed up a little longer," Lily frowned.

"It's fine Lils, I said not to wait up." I shrugged off her unhappiness with what happened. "Sev says hi." I changed the subject, getting my mind away from a certain Gryffindor boy.

"Oh that's nice." Lily gave a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm going to see him at breakfast, care to join?"

"Umm," lily frowned. "I don't think the other Slytherins would like me to go to their table." Lily looked down at her robes. "You go ahead though."

"Oh, alright." I nodded and resumed lying down on my bed, grogginess taking back over my body.

"Ah ah ah," lily scolded. "It's time to get up, breakfast starts in forty-five minutes."

"Then I still have thirty minutes to sleep." I mumbled.

"No, you are going to get up." Lily said firmly.

"But I don't wanna." I whined, snuggling into my covers.

"Too bad." The covers were pulled from my body.

I frowned, "why would you take my covers from me? I need those."

"Get up and you can have them back," Lily said, her voice taunting.

"But then I won't need them." I groaned.

I finally gave up on sleep and stood from my warm bed. Getting ready for today's lessons.

I quickly pulled on my regular pair of denim skinny jeans. Buttoned up my standard, white, button-up shirt and left it un-tucked. Tying the red and gold striped tie around my neck and leaving the knot loose. Slipped on a pair of black converse. And stuck my wand in my back pocket. I shrugged and quietly slung the black robes over my shoulders, leaving it open in the front instead of buttoning it.

"Wow, that's the closest you've ever been to actually wearing the clothes we were assigned to wear," lily giggled.

I gave a shrug. "Eh, I felt like wearing the robes today. Probably gonna be the only time I do this year."

"You should wear the uniform. You'll get in trouble." Lily said thoughtfully.

"I've not been wearing the dress code this entire first month-and-a-half. They aren't going to get me to change now." I smirked.

"Let's go." Lily ignored my last statement while Marlene and Alice just giggled.

I followed the three girls out of the room and down to the common room.

"Evans!" James called from the couch by the fire. "Go to hogsmead with me?"

"I'd rather go with Pettigrew." Lily screamed back.

I giggled at her comeback along with the other girls.

Looking over I noticed that Peter wasn't down here with the other boys. Remus was reading his book, as usual. Sirius was staring right at me, he winked when we made eye contact, a smirk coming onto his face.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned away, a small blush coming onto my face. I quickly pushed the blush away, not letting myself blush because of a boy.

Lily stormed out of the room after another comment from James. I sent him a smile and said "good morning boys," before following Lily out of the common room.

Before the portrait shut behind me I heard Sirius, "good morning gorgeous."

"I'll see you in class." Lily smiled taking her seat. "Tell Sev I said hi."

"Yeah, see you then. Okay, I will." I said before turning away. I walked a little ways away, towards Liam. "Morning Liam."

"Bex! How are you?" He turned towards me, along with his two friends.

"I'm good," I smiled at the little boy.
"Are you going to sit?" Liam asked, his eyebrows frowning in confusion.

"Uh, actually Liam, I came over to tell you that I was going to go talk to an old friend." I explained to him.

"Who is it?" Liam asked.

"His name is Severus Snape, he's a Slytherin." I informed.

"You're friends with a Slytherin?" One of Liam's friends asked. "I thought we were supposed to hate them."

I chuckled. "Being in a certain house doesn't define who you are. It's on the inside that counts. You judge a person on who they are, not what they are "

The boys all nodded. "Oh."

"So I'll see you at free period?" Liam asked.

"Defiantly." I grinned. "Have a good lesson. I'll see you at the tree."

"Alright." Liam grinned right back.

I gave him a kiss on the top of his head. "See you later." I turned away, this time going to the Slytherin table.
Severus was sitting near the middle of his table, a little off towards the right side. I ignored the curious glances I got for going towards another houses table. Coming right up behind Severus I tapped his left shoulder. When he turned to look over it I grabbed a piece of bacon from his right side.

"Thanks Bex. Thanks for taking my bacon." He grumbled looking at me.

"My pleasure." I smirked.

"Go on, take a seat." He patted the open space next to him.

I plopped down in the seat next to him. "I hope you're having a wonderful morning."

"Yes, just wonderful." He spoke dryly.
I giggled. "It is a bit early, yeah."

Someone cleared their throat from in front of me. I looked up from Severus' plate were I was taking some of his toast. "Yes?"

The boy who I saw during the quidditch game against Slytherin sat there. He had silky black hair, combed and neat. His eyes were a silvery grey color that swirled around in his irises. He looked tall and slender, and had a dignified look to him. He looked very similar to Sirius.

"Severus, are you going to introduce us?" He asked. His voice was in the process of deepening, informing me that he had to be a year or two below me. 'He must be really tall for his age.' I thought.

"Bex, this is Regulus Black. Regulus, this is Bex Dumbledore." Severus introduced us.

"A pleasure to meet you." I smiled at the boy.

"The pleasure is all mine." He sent me a charming smile and extended his hand.

I reached out my hand as well, but instead of shaking it he pulled it close to his face and placed a kiss on my knuckles.

I giggled, "very charming, huh."

"My mother taught me to be a gentleman." Regulus merely replied with another charming smile.

"And I assume you are related to a house mate of mine?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Sirius is my brother." He gave a curt nod.

"Interesting, you two look very alike," I noted. "Does all of your family look alike?"

"We take after our father. He has dark hair and grey eyes. Tall and slender." Regulus explained to me.

"I take after my Aunt. Brown hair, green eyes." I told him. "I never knew her though, she died long ago." I shrugged.

Regulus glanced at something over my shoulder. "A child from your house is pointing at us," he gave a nod towards the boy.

Looking over I saw it was Liam. He seemed to be explaining to Sirius, James, and Remus where I was. Sirius and James looked over and sent Regulus and Severus a glare. Remus continued to talk to Liam.

I rolled my eyes at the boys. "Ignore them, they think that they are my older brothers and go into over-protective-older-brother-mode."

"I think it's a little more than that." Regulus noted.

Severus spoke in agreement. "Potter hates how I am friends with Lily, he must hate that I'm friends with you too."

"And Sirius doesn't like to share, he must hate that you are talking to Slytherins. Our whole family was in Slytherin, all except Sirius." Regulus explained to me. "He probably hates losing you to our family's pride."

"Why does he think he lost me?" I asked. "I'm only sitting with you guys."

"Sirius tends to take things to the extreme. Another reason he's in Gryffindor." Regulus smirked.

I laughed. "Okay, I'll give you that one. We sometimes take things to a whole new level."

"They're glaring again." Regulus said. "Must be jealous I can make you laugh."

"Let them glare," I rolled my eyes.

"And who is this?" A voice noted from my right.

We all turned to the voice. The guy looked to be in his seventh year. He had pale blonde hair, that fell to his shoulders. His eyes were also a pale blue color.

"A Gryffindor at the Slytherin table?"

"Hello." I smiled up at him. "My names Bex."

"Hello. I am Lucius." The blonde introduced. "What brings you to the Slytherin table?"

"I was just talking to an old friend." I said and nudged Severus.

"You know Severus?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we go way back," I grinned.

"Interesting." He nodded. "I do hope you are a pureblood. Slytherins don't typically like anything else."

"Oh, don't worry. I am a pureblood, though I don't mind any other blood type." I shrugged. "But I understand how important it is to you guys."

"Excellent," Lucius gave a small smile. "And what year are you in?"

"Fifth year." I answered, "same as Severus."

He nodded. "I am a seventh year."

"That's what I thought. Last year, huh."

"Yes, can't wait to get out of here." He sat down on my other side.

"And what are you planning on doing?" I asked him.

"Something to do with the Ministry." He said.

"I was thinking of becoming an Auror." I shrugged. "It sounds fun."

"Facing death numerous times in a day?" Severus chuckled. "Great fun."

"I'm a Gryffindor for a reason." I smirked.

They all laughed, attracting some looks and causing whispers.

"I'm thinking of becoming a professional quidditch player." Regulus said thoughtfully.

"That could be fun." I smiled. "I don't really like quidditch though, I got dragged into playing for the team."

Regulus chuckled. "Interesting."

"What about you Sev? What are you thinking of doing?" I asked.

"I want to become a professor here, I haven't figured out which position yet. It all depends on who's retiring really." He explained.

"You want to spend the rest of your life here?" Lucius asked.

"Hogwarts is our home." Severus answered. "What better place to work at then home?"

We all nodded in agreement. "Off to class." My father spoke from his chair-like-throne.

"It was great meeting you two." I smiled at Regulus and Lucius.

"You too, feel free to come over at anytime, you are welcome here." Lucius said standing.

I grinned and stood, wrapping my arms around his waist in a hug. "Thank you Lucius."

"No problem kid." He winked. "You're family now." He gave a wave before he left for his class.

I giggled and turned to Regulus. "It was great talking to you Regulus."

"Call me Reggie. Like Lucius said, you're family now." Regulus spoke.

"Alright Reggie." I grinned. I reached over the table and gave him a hug.

He returned the hug and when we pulled back he reached for my hand, kissing my knuckles once more. "Until we meet again." He gave me another one of his charming smiles and a wink before turning and leaving.

I looked over to Severus, "where are you off to?"

"Herbology." Sev rolled his eyes.

"I have divination," I frowned.

"Good luck with that." He chuckled.

I glared at him playfully and hit him in the arm, "oh stop."

"I'll see you later," he chuckled.

I nodded and gave him a hug. "Bye Sev." I kissed his cheek.

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "Goodbye Bex." We went our separate ways, him going to the grounds and me going up the stairs.

"Oy! Bex!"

I stopped and turned. James and Sirius started towards me. Remus following, still reading his book but expertly maneuvering through the crowd. "Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"What were you doing over at the Slytherin table?" James asked.

"I was sitting with Severus." I answered them with a shrug.

"Why were you talking to my little brother?" Sirius asked, his voice was hard.

I giggled, "he's quite the charmer." Sirius glared, "he's friends with Severus, so we were introduced to each other. He's very nice, we're sort of friends now, I guess."

Sirius glared and made a growling sound in the back of his throat. James nudged him and he stopped making the noise.

"And what about Malfoy." James asked.

"Who's that?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.

"The blonde that sat down next to you." Remus explained to me, still occupied with his book.

"Oh! You mean Lucius?" I asked now understanding.

"You call him Lucius?" James asked.

"Well that's his name, what else am I suppose to call him?" I rolled my eyes. "He's very nice. He was just interested in why a Gryffindor was at the Slytherin table and then we all started talking."

"About what? The dark arts?" Sirius sneered.

I frowned. "Actually we were talking about what we wanted to do after we graduated. We never talked about anything dark." I continued walking, talking over my shoulder. "The darkest we got was when Lucius asked if I was pureblood because Slytherins don't enjoy if anyone without pure blood came to their table, he was looking out for me. I said I was a pureblood but didn't care if about anyone's blood type, but understood the Slytherins want for pureblood."

"He asked you your blood type." James frowned.

"Yes." I said. "And then we changed the subject to schooling. Do you guys think that I really would turn to the dark arts just by sitting with the Slytherins." I scoffed, "not all Slytherins are mean. They were very polite and nice. Not rude at all. And it's rude of you to assume that." I stopped and turned to face them. "I judge people based on who they are, not what they are. Maybe you should take a page from the Slytherins and not judge me. They didn't question anything, they were all very polite and left me alone to sit with Sev and Reggie. And then Lucius joined us." I said.

"Sev? Reggie? Lucius?" Sirius glared. "So now you're all buddy buddy with Slytherins?"

"And what's with all the hugging and kissing and winking?" James threw his hands up, "Sirius' brother kissed your hand and then winked at you! Malfoy hugged and winked at you! Snivellus hugged and kissed your head!" He glared, "are you switching sides?"

"Switching sides?!" I exclaimed. "They aren't as bad as everyone thinks, but you seem to be as bad as Lily warned me, maybe worse." I glared at them and turned away.

"Bex-" James started.

"-no," I stopped him. "Just leave me alone." I looked at each of them.
James had a frown stretched across his face, which looked weird considering he always had a smirk or crooked grin plastered on his face. Sirius had sorrow in his eyes, his lips curved down in a deep frown.

Remus had apologetic eyes, his whole face showing how sorry he was for what James and Sirius had just done. Peter had confusion all over his face, having no idea what had just happened.

"Bye Remus, I'll see you later." I smiled at the innocent boy. "Bye Peter," I looked at the confused one. I shook my head at the other two and turned away.

A hand grabbed mine, stopping me. Looking over my shoulder I saw it was Sirius. I shook my head and pulled my hand away. "I have to go, or I'm going to be late for class."

Walking away from the boys made me sad, but what hurt worse was that they thought I wasn't the same person I was before all because I decided to have breakfast with the Slytherins.
I sat down at the small circular table with Alice just in time. Professor Bellenare started the class with a morning greeting just after I sat down.

"Hello class!" She cheered. "Great to see you all here! I was-" she started.

"Sorry professor, we got stopped by Filch, he thought we were going to pull a prank when really we were just on our way up here." James interrupted the teacher. James and Sirius entered the class room.

"Oh, that's quite alright!" Bellenare grinned waving it off, "please take a seat!"

"Thank you professor." Sirius said, they sat at the table near mine and Alice. Sirius looked over at me, I quickly looked away.

"Anyway class, as I was saying, I was thinking we should start keeping track of our dreams! How fun does that sound!" She exclaimed. "You see, dreams are our innermost dreams and thoughts, by keeping track of them we can see what you subconsciously think about!"

"What does this have to do with divination?" A Ravenclaw asked.

"Very good question! You see, as humans, we tend to push down our feelings. By noting our dreams we are able to see how we truly feel! If we are scared of something near, worried about a test, happy with your relationship, sad about our family. From there on we can predict what is to happen!"

"This is so stupid." I muttered to Alice.
She giggled. "Just give it a chance."

"Why am I taking this class again? It's so fake." I grumbled.

Again Alice giggled and looked back to the teacher.

"-here are your journals, today we are going to decorate the front and back covers!" Bellenare cheered. "It shows off our creativity and who we truly are. And that's what this class is all about! Finding who we are!"

She shoved piles of journals into a Hufflepuff's hands telling the girl to pass them out.

I let out a sigh, feeling James and Sirius staring at me.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked concerned. "You don't seem yourself today."

"Let's just say it's all because I had breakfast with the Slytherins." I frowned.

"Were they mean to you?" She asked, she placed a hand on my forearm, showing her concern.

"No, they were very nice. I had a great time with them. It's just two Gryffindors that had to ruin it all." I rolled my eyes.

Alice sighed knowing who I was talking about. "What did they do?"

"They judged before understanding what was happening." I looked down.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked and rubbed her hand in circles on my back.

"You know, Frank is so lucky to have you as a girlfriend." I smiled at her, "you have got to be the most understanding and friendliest person ever. You're going to make a great mum someday."

She giggled, "thank you."

"No problem." I smiled back.

"Just ignore them, they'll realize their mistake and pretty soon they will be crawling back to you begging for forgiveness. But until then, how about we decorate these dream journals?"

I laughed and nodded in agreement. Alice conjured up some muggle crayons and together we colored the blank journals.

------------
What did you think about breakfast with the Slytherins? Hope you enjoyed :) comment, vote, share, follow, etc. thanks!