A Love So Strong---I should've died

Heyy guys & gals (: This is another installment of the story! If you don't already know, this chapter is of Madison's dad point of view! So don't forget to vote, comment, and fan! Thanks♥

Enjoy! (:

-----------------------------------------

I slowly regained consciousness. I got out bed with a killer headache. You know what? Fuck this. I'm going back to bed. I got into the bed again and my phone rang. I grabbed it and pressed answer.

"John, are you there?"

I didn't know if i could still talk. But i gave it a try anyway. But my words came out as a slur.

"Uh..waa? I-I-I need sleep!", i yelled into the phone.

"Are you drunk again John! Get the fuck out of bed right now! Boss is looking for you at work!"

I groaned. "Noo! I no wanna go tuuu...wurk!"

He yelled at me again. "Get the fuck out of bed! We need you in the office right now!", then he hung up.

I grabbed my pillow and slammed it on the wall. God i need an aspirin.

I stood up slowly, clinging to the bed. I grabbed the half full bottle of water on my bedside table and took out an aspirin.

Now i was feeling nauseous and dizzy. I popped 2 pills into my mouth and gulped down the water.

I looked over at the clock and it was 1:36 pm. I should've been at work about 6 hours ago. I walked slowly into the bathroom and changed my clothes. I didn't feel like taking a shower or brushing my teeth. I grabbed a blue dress shirt from my dresser and put it on. I did half of the buttons because i was too lazy. I grabbed black pants and put it on. I didn't bother with a belt. I felt like sagging.

I grabbed my keys and briefcase and ran out the door to my car. I was feeling a little bit better now.

I started the car and drove to work. I almost drove into another car. I finally made it into the 27 story building. I pressed 22 on the elevator. It was a fast ride and before i knew it the elevator stopped.

I stepped out of the elevator and all eyes were on me. Some people looked surprised, others looks of disgust. I guess i looked just as bad as i felt.

I walked to the bosses' door, not caring that people were holding their noses as i walked by.

I didn't bother knocking so i grabbed the doorknob and shoved it open. The boss, Mr.Myers, looked at me shockingly.

"John! You look terrible! Where have you been? And what is that awful smell?"

"Sorry boss. I forgot to shower this morning".

"Anyway. Do you have the file i told you to work on?"

I looked through my briefcase and pulled out a packet. I handed it to him. He looked through it.

"Where's the rest?", he asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Where is the 12 page file you were working on!"

Oh shit! I only did 4 pages of that crap! "I only did 4 pages".

"What! 4 pages! I gave you a whole 4 weeks to work on that file! That file was due today!"

Now i feel like shit!

"I'm sorr-", i began to say, but he cut me off.

"So this tells me that you haven't done one damn thing for the past 4 weeks!"