Chapter 28

Stella's POV

"Maddie," I chanted as I noticed my best friends presence. "Come here, I want you to meet Mira!"

A brown wolf came walking out of the forest, it's fur was wet but it didn't seem to care about it. She walked up to me, putting her nose on my hand as a hello.

I lifted my hand and laid it on her head, stroking the wet fur. "Mira," I said looking up at my sister, "This is Maddie."

Mira looked at the wolf, staring deep into its eyes. "Hello," she whispered.

Maddie nodded her big head, giving Mira a hi. She then licked her hand, showing that she wanted to be her friend.

"It tickles," Mira giggled and retreated her hand quickly.

The pile of clothes she had dropped down on the grass looked wet. Mira and I stared at it, wondering why my friend had dropped her clothes.

Shortly cracking sounds were heard, Maddie was shifting. But she did not grab her clothes. She just stood there.

What caught my breath was how she, just like Mira, was wearing a sparkly white dress. Her eyes were glowing white, no pupil or iris to be seen. A woman's voice spoke, "I am your sister. Unlike you, I am not a princess. You see, I was created to bind you to the human world instead of the sky."

The woman possessing Madeleine watched us with kind eyes, I felt Brea taking over as she laid her eyes on me.

"A reunion, how fun," Ria said, sarcasm overflowing the sentence as she crossed her arms, using Mira as her vessel.

Brea smiled, "How pleasant. Nice to meet you again, big sister Kira ." The woman named Kira smiled back at Brea, her eyes stopped glowing and she was now pointing her brown and grey eyes at us.

"It has been such a long time," Kira said, embracing both of her sisters in a heartfelt hug. Warmth came streaming through my veins, Brea's love for her sisters was overwhelming.

"Do you think we should give them back control?" Ria sighed, not as happy with the sudden reunion of the trio.

A cold wind whipped my hair into my face as Brea gave back control. Mira and Maddie seemed rather shaken by the happenings.

"What," Maddie said, "what just happened?" She held her hand on her head, as if she was dizzy.

I put my hand over my trembling lips, "Maddie," I whispered, "Maddie we're sisters."

It all makes sense now, how we both got our mates at 15 even though you should get yours by 18. How we found those ridiculously strange flowers that had the color of our wolves.

Looking back at the memory, I notice something with the dark blue flower, the one that mirrors my wolf. The back of it is grey and white, just like a cloud. Mira.

"R-really?" Maddie stuttered over the words as she began to shake a little, "After all this time..."

"We're sisters," I whispered.

A thought popped up in my head as I felt the presence of two other wolves coming closer. I turned towards the grey one, admiring his alpha size. My lips wore a smile of triumph as I looked down at the wolf, who smelled of mint and forest.