Chapter 25

A few hard knocks on my door woke me up. "Are you ready to go?"

I sat up in my bed, blinking away the tiredness from my eyes. Today me and that guy was going to go to his pack, the Altis pack.

"I just woke up, what do you think?" A chuckle came from the other side of the door.

"Okay, I'll come back in ten minutes," he said. I heard some faint steps in the corridor as he walked away.

Ten minutes? Is he crazy? It takes at least twenty for a lady to get ready, doesn't he know that?

Tiredly, I walked up to my desk. On the white leather chair I had put the clothes I was going to wear today. I spun it around and took the pile of clothes in my hands.

Quickly, I changed clothes and went into the bathroom to clean my face and brush my teeth.

A few knocks were heard again, and his now familiar voice thundered from outside, "Are you ready now?"

I opened the door, "Yeah." Picking up the bag I had placed next to it, I made a gesture for him to take the lead. He started walking down the corridor as I closed my door.

My steps followed him outside and to his car, the thought of not telling my friends about my journey was bouncing around my mind. Oh well, I suppose that they can worry a little. Hopefully this purple eyed man had told Jim about me following him back.

"Ladies first," the man said, opening the door for me as he pointed for me to go inside. I stared at the window, watching the dark clouds that it mirrored on it. Quickly I got into the car, feeling a breeze blow past the car. It's going to rain.

The man got in the passenger seat and put on his seat belt. I did so too, enjoying the little click noise it made as I secured it.

"Before we go," I said. The man looked at me, his purple eyes glowing in what I would say was worry. A little chuckle slipped out of me, "Tell me your name."

His eyes glimmered as they expressed some kind of relief. He looked out upon the gravel road, "Eric."

I nodded at him, confirming that I was satisfied with his one word answer. He twisted the key and shortly we began moving. The gravel and tires entwined in a calming melody as we left the pack house and drove through the road surrounded by the pack members houses.

Closing my eyes as the vehicle kept on moving, I listened to the sound of nature. A chirping was heard, and as I opened my eyes I saw a little martlet following the car. The birds wings altered from flapping up and down and being stretched out at both sides as it was gliding through the wind.

I put a hand up against the cold window glass, giggling at the little feather ball. The bird flipped around in the air as it flew by the car. It is you isn't it, I thought. You're the bird I saw before, right?

The bird twisted it's head towards me, as if it had read my thoughts. It confirmed that it was the bird I've seen. Strangely, by just looking into those black pearl eyes, I understood.

Leaning towards the window a little more I thought, do you hear me? Can you understand me? The little martlet chirped as it flew a little closer to the silver lacquered car. It understood.

"What a strange bird," Eric said, turning his eye at it just for a second.

I shook my head, my eyes still fixated at the blue feathered bird, "No," I said, "No, not at all."

Stay here, I thought, and wait until I come back. The martlet looked at me, somehow I knew that it told me that it would. As the car continued moving, the bird got out of my sight. Slowly, I removed my hand from the glass and studied the little markings they had left on the window. I leaned back in my seat and looked at the road in front of us. My eyes slowly shut as my mind drove into the land of my dreams. But it wasn't a dream that I was met with.