Chapter 18

"Let's go before they wake up," he said softly, trying not to have the others sensitive ears pick the sound up.

The sun was rising, and a few birds chirped. With my good hearing, I could hear them from far away. Birds often keeps away from werewolves, in whatever form as they and most animals recognize us as both human and wolf.

Walking on the dirt and gravel mix made every step we took crunch. We had to walk carefully, not to wake any other person up by walking. Plus, they would be rather suspicious if they saw us sneaking away.

My legs were hurting a little, but I had no idea to why. Maybe it was because of me sleeping on the forest floor.

Sed walked away behind a tree to shift into his dark wolf, and I did the same. Behind another tree, of course.

I folded my clothes neatly and stretched a little. My back made a cracking sound as I stretched it out.

A sigh slipped through my lips before I shifted. It took shorter than usual, maybe Luceat was just eager to start running.

The big white trees casted concerning shadows on me. Something inside of me told me that this wasn't right, that we needed to get out of here soon.

I walked out and met Sed. His wolf was a little darker than I remembered, but it looked just as cool. His green eyes were just as dull, but there was something mysterious about them, something that I would like to figure out.

We started running through the trees, having birds fly away as we came near. The branches shook and sometimes a few of those bright red leaves fell down. They were almost the shape of oak leaves, which made me wonder what type of trees they were.

My big paws made a few marks in the dirt. I couldn't help but look at them, they were huge!

When I heard the sound of running water I looked over at Sed, and nudged my head to the direction where I had heard the noise. Hoping that he had understood, I started to walk that way.

Looking back as I started to jog, I saw that he was curiously following me.

The water glimmered in the sunlight. A little river.

I hopped in and started to play with the water between my paws. Sed jumped in too. He started splashing water in my face, and I got some in my nose causing me to sneeze. Angrily, I barked at him. He gave me something that looked like a grin.

It is very hard to express yourself in wolf form, as your moves are limited. Especially in the face. Many times I have tried to smile, but it has always looked very scary.

I looked at my reflection in the streaming water. A round pair of eyes met me. It didn't really look like I had eyes in wolf form, it looked like they were photoshopped out and the sky was there instead. If I was seeing this from someone else's perspective I would've been scared.

"You know, I can do this," Luceat said and suddenly the reflection changed. The eyes were just blue, the same blue of the sky.

"How long have you been able to do that?" Angrily I scoffed at her.

She giggled, "A few months now."

I shook my head at her, that was just typical for her. She never tells me about her discovers until she notices that I have something concerning it on my mind.