Chapter 14

He looked at me with just as much confusion in his eyes as I when I was looking at him.

Why is he just laying under that tree? Is he injured? I can't smell blood, so probably not.

He seemed just as confused with my actions as with my looks. But I wont blame him, I have never seen a dark blue wolf either.

If I was the one underneath the tree he wouldn't be as confused. My fur would look black from there.

My ear turned to the side as a bird crash landed into a tree. I looked over at the bird to see it fall down on the ground. After a few seconds it flew up into the tree again.

When I looked back at the wolf I saw that he also had looked over at the bird. I took a step forward but stopped when I received a low growl from the black fur-ball in front of me.

Ignoring the little threat I stepped yet another bit closer to him. He growled lowly once again as a second warning, but unfortunately for him I'm no good listener.

When I was at least three steps away he launched forward, making my heart skip a beat.

He narrowed his eyes at me. The next second my ears were filled with the noise of bones cracking. He had shifted.

Before I could get a glimpse of him I glued my glance to the forrest floor.

"Shift," he demanded, but I didn't move an inch nor shift.

"Shift," he said again, annoyance filled his deep voice.

I shook my head. Too bad wolves can't blush, because he'd know what the deal was if I was turning red.

Not wanting to scare him off made me opt out the mind-link ability of mine.

Something was thrown at me, making me go blind for a second before it slipped off my head. It was a shirt.

Even though the shirt smelled just like rotten eggs I picked it up. I went behind the oak and shifted. I bet I had a disgusted look on my face as I was putting on the black shirt.
Fortunately it was long enough to cover my lady parts.

I couldn't say that he was just a little surprised when I slowly walked out from behind the oak. He didn't say anything though.

I looked at his face, he had the same pale green eyes and dark hair. His features were as every werewolf boy, stunning, handsome, well whatever you want to call it.

I could safely breathe out when I saw that he now was wearing a pair of shorts.

"This shirt stinks," I said to get rid of the awkward silence between us.

He scoffed at my rudeness.

"You stink too," I said, angering him even more. "I mean, it is as if you've rolled yourself in rotten eggs and then eaten them - yuck!"

He growled quite loudly. After being quiet a little while he started talking, "Unmask your scent," he said.

I unmasked my scent, but was careful not to stop hiding my power aura too.

"A pack wolf, huh," he murmured.

My head nodded as I fiddled with the corner of the shirt, trying not to act like I'm used to. I didn't want him to know my rank.

"So are you in this pack?"

I shook my head, and just by that little gesture I made him relieved.

"Why are you here?"

"I suppose I can ask you the same," I said as I narrowed my eyes at the man. He looked to be just a little older than me, maybe 19 or 20 years old.