Chapter 27

Theo's POV

"Alpha," my third said as he peeked into my office. I looked over at him, asking what he wanted.

"I just got a call," he said and took a careful step into the room. His shoes hit the wooden floor with a thump that echoed through the office. "Stella is back at the Unwanted's."

My wolf howled with all it's might, making me lay a hand on my head to contain the echoing head ache. He wanted his mate, but she didn't want anything to do with him, or me.

"Calm down Geo," I scoffed at him as he filled my head with a bunch of howls.

Geo whined, "We need to go there!"

I sighed at my wolf, trying to make him remember how she doesn't want anything to do with us. He howled even louder.

"CALM DOWN," I screamed to him, finally stopping him from howling his lunges out.

"We could go there now," he said carefully.

My head snapped up as I burrowed my eyes into his. I nodded at his statement and stood up, "Let's go then."

He nodded at me, stepping aside from the door opening to make some space for me to walk into the empty corridor. Almost empty.

Maddie lifted an eyebrow and scanned me with her gaze, "Where are you two going?"

I glared at her and growled for her to step away. She was in the middle of my path to my mate.

My sister looked over at my third, giving him a question look as she stepped towards him, letting me through. I gave my third a look, telling him to shut up about it.

"So that's how it is?" Madeleine glared at me and pressed the man against the wall, "Where are you going?"

I groaned at her, "He wont tell you." My hand grabbed her wrist to turn her around, but as stubborn as she is she just stood still.

"Don't you think we should tell her, alpha?" He looked at me, I could tell that he felt the need to tell my sister where we were going.

With a sigh, I nodded and walked further down the corridor. "Stella's back."

Maddie gasped behind me, and I soon heard steps behind me. Her hands gripped around my arm as she stopped me from walking further down the corridor. "Please," she said, "Please take me with you!"

I glared down at her, scanning her face. "No," I said plainly and looked away.

She growled, "Wouldn't it be good to take someone who she actually likes with you?"

My heart aced, someone who she actually likes?

A growl slipped out of me as I ripped my arm out of her grasp, "Fine!" I growled loudly, stomping out of the pack house.

I quickly took off my clothes and shifted as I entered the forest. Geo, my wolf, howled. He was happy that I shifted. This whole week I've been stuck in my office with paperwork, so I haven't had time to go fur a proper run. After a day worth of work, I'm exhausted so after work, I usually go to sleep. There's no time for shifting.

Soon, I saw Maddie's brown wolf round a tree. Her fur looked really fluffy in the mid day sun. She didn't seem to notice a little bird sitting on her back.

Strange, a bird. Birds usually keep distance from wolves.

"Let's go," my third, Paul, mind-linked me.

We started running towards the Unwanted's, getting there a couple of hours later. Maddie was completely exhausted, and looked forward to some rest. "There it is!" She sounded happy between the exhales.

We all went behind separate trees and shifted back, putting on our clothes we had carried in our mouths. When we were all done we walked up to the pack house and rang the door bell. A couple of minutes later, a red haired woman peeked through the glass before she opened the big door. "Hello?"

I smiled at her, "We are here to meet Stella."

She frowned, "Uh, she just left to go to the Altis pack this morning." The woman stepped aside to let us in.

"Is she still there?" My question echoed through the empty hall behind her.

"Yeah, I think she will be coming home soon. You could stay until then if you want," the woman offered kindly as she went through her long hair with her hand.

I shook my head, "No, we will be on our way. Thank you though."

She frowned once again, "Okay." A baby started crying from inside, "I have to go," she said before shutting the door behind her.

A sigh slipped out of me before I turned towards my trip companions. "I guess we're going to the Altis pack."

Maddie, Paul and I shifted back once again and started running towards the pack that neighbors our.

My paws hit the ground in a fast pace. It felt almost as if I was flying when I jumped over big stones and fallen trees. The wind zigzagged through my fur as if it was some kind of maze. The damp air around me hinted that we were heading towards rain.

When we entered the Altis packs territory, it started raining. "Do you thing we're near the pack house?" I mind-linked Maddie.

The brown wolf looked over at me with its green pair of eyes. "Yeah," she answered.

She didn't have to tell me, I knew it already. Stella's scent was all over the place.

I started following the scent of soda. It lead to a car, then to a house, and then we walked into the forest once again. Her scent was much stronger here, she was near.

A woman's voice was heard in front of us, "Where is Zain?"

"I think he fainted."

Her voice made my heart beat faster, it had been such a long time since I heard it.

I peeked through the bushes and saw her beautiful figure.

She tensed and turned around, locking eyes with me in a loud growl. "Go away," she screamed.

It was as if she was a crossbow, and her words an arrow that pierced right through me.

Geo whined, his mate was tearing him to pieces.

I watched as Stella tilted her head, letting her dark blue hair hang next to her back. She sniffed the air. "Maddie," she said happily, "Come here, I want you to meet Mira!"

Maddie looked over at me, triumph filling her eyes. She turned away and ran towards her best friend, being greeted by a pair of open arms.

Paul came over to me, bowing his head showing that he felt pity for me.

Will Stella ever feel the same about me as I feel for her?

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS ON THIS BOOK! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!!!

I'm so sorry for this pathetic excuse of a chapter, it's like 1000 words shorter than usual. (tbh Theo doesn't deserve much more then this #TeamReject)

Anyways, haha,

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!