[12]

"Life's a climb.But the view is great."
~ Miley Cyrus

Skye Taylor

I started working on the RV instantly, using whatever we could find in the cars. Apparently Jim wasn't doing so hot inside the RV, all I could do is keep working and hope to get it ready in time. Rick came out of the RV. I looked over at him, his face unreadable.

"He wants us to leave him here. It's what he says he wants." Rick told the others. I held a screw driver in my hand, trying to fix the problem faster, so we could get out of here and move on to the C.D.C.

"And he's Lucid?" Carol asked.

"He seems to be. I would say yes." Rick responded.

"Back in the camp when I said Daryl and Skye might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood. I would never go along with callously killing a man. I was just agreeing with Skye that maybe we ask Jim what he wants and I think we have an answer."Dale told the rest I came out from behind the RV and said,

"I know this really isn't the time but its fixed, only for a little while though. We're gonna have to make a decision here and soon. He wants us to leave him here?" I asked.

"He doesn't want to be on the road any longer." Rick told me.

"It's like I said yesterday, its how he wants to go out and if this is what he wants then why would we take that away from him?" I asked.

"We just take off though?" Shane asked. "I'm not sure if I could live with that." Shane announced.

"But it's what he wants--" I began.

"Skye's right, it's not your call, either one of you." Lori spoke.

Rick and Shane both went inside the RV to get Jim. They carried him out of the RV, Jim was groaning the entire time. I could tell how much pain he was in. I just couldn't understand why he'd want us to just leave. If that was me I'd look at Rick and tell him to put a bullet in my head.

The two men carried Jim up a hill and set him under a tree. I could tell this was going to be another moment people said their goodbyes, something I had never mastered. Goodbye had always been my least favorite word.

"Hey another damn tree." Jim spoke after they set him down. I couldn't even describe what I was feeling. I mean, I didn't even know this man's name until we found out he was bit. It made me feel a bit guilty, guilty for never talking to him before it was too late.

"Hey, Jim-- I mean, you know it doesn't need to be this." Shane said to the dying man.

"No. It's good. The breeze feels nice." Jim told him.

"Okay." Shane said, I could tell he felt guilty for leaving Jim, making me actually think he might be a good person after all. I don't know what I've been feeling for Shane lately but I just get this bad feeling 'bout him.

"Just close your eyes sweetie, don't fright." Jacqui said before kissing him on the cheek and walking back, tears in her eyes. I watched one by one as everyone said there goodbyes to Jim. I stood off to the side awkwardly until it was just Daryl and I left to say goodbye.

Daryl was about to walk away, without saying a word when I slapped his shoulder. He looked at me confused. I signaled for him to go talk to Jim with my head. He looked at me and nodded. He walked up the hill and crouched down in front of him. Jim began to whisper something to Daryl that I couldn't quite make out. I just stood and watched as Daryl nodded his head and stood from the ground.