Chapter 10

+

Chapter 10

+

Leona

Phaedra and Orva had no clue that I had planned to go to Crimson Rose City. After finding out what my father and Julius had done. I knew that I had to leave the city I needed to clear my head. My mother leaving really was another sign that things weren't right. I knew she was upset that father had decided to go for an elder seat. But I didn't think she was pissed enough to just leave. Lately my life in the city had felt empty and I wasn't happy at all.

Yuri and I weren't connecting at all we put on fake smiles in public. And then when we are alone we barely speak and if we do we fight. I hated that Yuri followed along with whatever Julius wanted him to do right or wrong. He was keeping things from me and I could tell whatever he was doing it wasn't good. When Phaedra told me about Penelope my heart sank down to my stomach. Yuri had been acting weird and on edge the whole time after that. It made me wonder if he was also apart of it and it made me sick to my stomach.

Black Pegasus had never been an amazing place to live but now it was getting worse. Julius seemed to be trying to out to my father and who could be feared the most. I felt like he wanted beings to fear him and that was all. But most of all I missed Kingston I couldn't stop thinking about her. It was like no matter what I did I always felt the urge to want to talk to her. When she decided to leave I knew that it was because of Yuri and I. I had chose him and I realized now it was the wrong choice.

I was so scared of my feelings for her that I tried to push them down deep inside. Then Yuri showed interest and I begin to get to know him and like him as well. But it was always different with Yuri and I it never seemed to measure up. I had to see her and I had to apologizes and fix things between us. I also wanted to see Adlyn and I thought maybe she could actually help Phaedra. I knew if Adlyn heard her story that she would help her that was who she was.

I had truly missed being around her even though I had only known her for a short time. Julius hated to hear about her and her city he wanted to act as if she didn't exist. He hated the fact that she had become a queen and her city was flourishing. The first time we heard about it I was in shock and Julius was enraged.

Then we all found out that she had killed Exodus the original king of the city. When I heard the name it brought me back to a memory of my first month in the city. I had just come to the underworld and I was in a huge kingdom. Beings walked around calling me princess and it was such a huge change for me. I was excited at night I would explore the huge kingdom and enjoy the silence. During the day the kingdom was always full of beings it was never quiet.

I heard whispers coming from a room and notice one of the voices was my father. He was a mystery to me this man who I had just met. I didn't know how to take him because my brother had saved me not him. I was angry at him but at the same time I wanted to get to know him. I crouched by the door that was slightly open and could see my father and some man talking. I couldn't make out who the man was because the only light in the room was the fireplace. The fire cast only a little light across the mans face leaving it mostly a shadow.

Whatever they were talking about the conversation seemed to get a little heated. My father grabbed him by his collar saying "Remember Exodus I made you." before throwing him to the grown.

I couldn't help but gasp in shock because in that moment my father looked so scary. His eyes darted to me and he walked over slamming the door shut. I had forgotten about it because after it happened he never said anything to me about it. But when we found out Exodus died he acted as if he was no more then a neighboring king. I figured whatever their connection was it probably wasn't good.