Chapter 6

Hey I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! There is a lot that is going to happen in book 2 that will catapult Adlyn and friends into book 3. The title of the book will be up soon I'm debating between two different titles right now. So I hope you guys enjoy chapter 6!!!

+

Chapter 6

+

Tora

Wesley and I sat in our shared condo sipping on a bottle of much needed vodka. We had both been working our asses off at the Crimson station. We were new Knights added to the Sept but also the guards of the city. A city had a choice of how to handle the crime that happened within their city. Not every city used purgatory mostly it was used for very dangerous beings. Adlyn had a prison built and laws set up accordingly to handle the crimes.

When I came to this city I had plans to put all my training and hard work to use. I had came from a small city where women were looked at as a joke. I was a guard but I was never allowed to see battle and only did basic patrols. When I heard of Crimson Rose I knew that I had to leave especially with Vandus after me. He was a prince of the small town who wanted my hand in marriage. I refuse and left for the city to never look back and I have been truly happy. I had the stable which I loved to work in it help me clear my head. And I also had something special that I thought was starting but I was nervous about it.

"Hey earth to Tora what are you thinking about?"

"Ugh just everything that has happened since I got here I just finally feel home." I admitted.

"I know what you mean we have had our issues like every city but I still love it here." He agreed.

"So when do you and Kingston plan to stop sneaking around all the time?" He questioned.

"It's not that we are sneaking it's just that she isn't ready yet and I have to be patient. He and Barren broke up and there cool. He and you are the only two that know about us right now. I just don't want to push her and your one to talk I know you have a thing for Adlyn." I replied.

"I have no clue what your talking about."he said gulping down his drink.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about when Saxton was gone you guys got close." I countered. Saxton had left to help King Hale and in that time Adlyn and Wesley struck up a friendship. They trained together at time and she would even come by here a once in awhile. Saxton was back and there was a lot going on but I could tell he had fallen for her.

"She is with Saxton so it's pointless to talk about it." he shrugged refilling his glass.

"Adlyn is a queen and eventually she will settle down but she isn't with anyone not really. You have no idea if you have a chance or not but I definitely think you do." I reassured him.

"I can tell that she had a lot going on we haven't had a chance to train together much. But maybe one day I will get a sign to put myself out their. As of right now I don't feel like I have a chance in hell." He chuckled.