Chapter 4

+

Chapter 4

+

We followed Corlince behind the large throne into a long dimly lit hallway. We followed behind her and there seem to only be a master bedroom. We kept walking until we got to the end of the hall and then Corlince twisted a light scone. All of a sudden the wall clicked and opened up just like a door.

The strong stench of blood, urine, and sweat mingled in the air. I felt sick to my stomach seeing the blood stains splattered on the floor. There was cages with spikes that hung from the ceiling along with chain wall restraints. Bloody items lay scattered across the room along with all different kinds of torturing tools.

I felt Saxton hand on my shoulder as we continued to walk through the horror scene. "It's okay we are getting him out." he reassured me.

"I know but what about all the others." I said gulping.

"You can't do that, you can't try to take on everything." he whispered. We got to small gated doorway that led to a long hallway of prisons. Each door was covered in different kinds of magical seals all containing different spells.

Corlince walked down to the end of the hall and stopped. "This is it he is in here."she said pointing to the door. "Once you press your royal seal against the door all the seals will begin to disappear. Then the spell Janeer is on will begin to fade away and he will come out of his fog. I know that once you place that seal on you should step back. I have seen how prisoner react when the seals are removed."

Everyone stepped back as I walked over to the door and pulled out the seal. I pressed it hard against the door and it made a loud pop sound. A thick gush of purple like smoke oozed from the door as the seals begin to slip away from the door. I slip the seal back into my pocket and nervously stood back waiting. Each seal disappeared one by one and there seemed to be a thousand of them. When the last seal was gone I held my breath for the longest time waiting for the door to open.

After a few minutes the thick metal door begin to rumble and shake. The metal door burst into tiny shredded pieces as if was no more then paper. A tall large man with kinky blood red hair, and a beard that covered his entire face stepped out. His eyes were blood shoot and they dimly glowed as he stepped forward.

"Where the hell is he?" My father seethed.

"Dad it's me it's your daughter Adlyn I came to save you." I said. The moment the words left my mouth the tears fell from my eyes.

"How is this possible? Midas told me he killed you." my father whispered. He walked over to me and stared at me as if he was looking at a ghost.

We both stood their unsure of what the hell to say and luckily Saxton spoke up. "Janeer we know what Midas did to you and Adlyn. That is why we came here to get you the hell out of here. Midas has no idea that Adlyn even knows about you or her mother. He went to great lengths to make sure she never found out. Things happened and long story short now we are here. We don't want to alert Midas to us being here so we want to get you and Corlince out of here."

My father seemed to not really acknowledge the other beings in the room at first. When Saxton said Corlince's name my father marched over to her. He angrily clasped his hands around her neck lifting her off the ground. "You bitch you helped him put me in their."

Anagara ran over to my father and Corlince and tried to stop it. "Just like you she wasn't supposed to be here. Midas offered her a deal she couldn't refuse she had no choice."

"We all have choices." He screamed.

"Dad listen I know you are pissed off I am to but we don't have time for this. And Anagara is right Midas is the true one to blame in all this. Farah my mother thinks your dead and she doesn't know I even exist. For the longest time she had been led to believe Midas son Julius is also her child. I haven't had much time to process any of this and I know it's all a lot to handle." I brought my hand up and gently touched the his arm that was covered in scars. He slowly begin to loosen his grip on Corlince and then dropped her to the ground.

Corlince hacked and coughed trying to catch her breath as Anagara consoled her.

"Now we need to removed the mark of the damned from both of them. And we need to get the hell out of here. We can talk about all this other crap once we are on the other side of the gate." Anagara bit out helping Corlince off the ground.

"Anagara is right we need to go." Saxton agreed. He lifted up his cloak and pulled the two extra cloaks out of the sack he had hidden.

I pulled the seal out that was still slightly warm from the door and walked over to Corlince. I pressed the seal against her neck and she left out a low growl. She bit her lip and clenched her fist at her sides. The sound of sizzling skin hit my ears and it made me cringe. The smell of burnt flesh hit my nose and the paper seal seemed to get even hotter. A weird white light seemed to shine from her neck and the seal went instantly cold.

I pulled the seal away from her neck and it was bright red and the flesh was raised. I did the same thing to my father and then they both put on there cloaks.

"We will exit out through the secret passage and not go back to the throne room. If we try to exit through their my guards will know something is up." Corlince explained.

We followed to the end of the hall and this time she pressed a button near a small statue. A pair of stairs folded down from the ceiling and we all climb up. We had walked up just to down about a long wrapped staircase. We got the bottom of the stairs we were greeted by small barn of phantom horse and metal carriages.

"We will take one of these to the gate." Corlince said.

She hopped onto the horse and the rest of us piled into the back of the carriage. Corlince got us to the gate and I flashed the seal and the guard waved us off. We exited the carriage and walked out of the gate. Until we got on the other side of the gate I couldn't relax at all. We hopped into the royal carriage and I heard the purgatory gates squeak close behind us. A wave of relief washed over me the moment we were truly out of their.

My father seemed to be weak but trying to hide leaning his head against the window. He had scars on top of scars and bruise on top of bruise. You could tell that he had been tortured and that he had endured a lot in their. The moment we got to the underworld we took Corlince and Anagara to the human world portal.

"Will you two need help with what you are trying to do?" I questioned.

Saxton and I had gotten out to say our goodbyes why my father stayed in the carriage.

"No I can see that you have more then enough shit on your plate. The last thing you need is to deal with our family drama. Together we will figure it out and the reason we can is because of you. You could have came into purgatory and then got into the throne room and attacked me. You could have forced me to release your father and instead you thought of a different plan. I lived in purgatory so long I got use to all the darkness and ruefulness. I had even forgotten that I had a sister who cared about me on the other side. It's just what being in that place does to you and I'm glad I'm free." Corlince replied. She gave me and Saxton a quick hug and stepped over to the portal.

"I can't tell you guys how happy I am right now. I wish you both the best of luck." Anagara smiled and pulled us both in for a hug.

We got back to the carriage and headed back home it was late, and we had a doctor standing by. He collapsed into the infirmary and the doctors asked us to give them privacy. I was so antsy I couldn't wait for the next day to come already. I had planned to ask Kingston to contact Farah for me. We had to figure out a way to get her here without Midas knowing.

"Hey you need to get some rest you have almost been up for a whole day now." Saxton replied interrupting my thoughts.

"I want to be stubborn and fight you on it but I don't even have the energy, so your right." I laughed.

"Well then let's get you to bed then." Saxton chuckled.

The tension I had been feeling since I found out about my parents was slowly lifting. I felt like I was in a dark fog at times wondering always what ifs. I wondered how different I would be if I grew up here. If I had real parents that cared for me and that loved me. Knowing that my parents didn't raise I felt robbed and couldn't shake that. I wasn't a kid anymore so there was things that I could never experience. But I could still get to know the both of them and that made me happy.

+

Stay Tuned!