Chapter 9

+

Chapter 9

+

Phaedra

Julius had a got a text first thing this morning from someone and he was pissed off. I woke up to the sound of his phone crashing into the wall. He had slipped on his clothes and stormed out without a word. I got up and walked over the slightly smash phone still able to read the text on the screen.

Farah: I love you kids dearly but I must leave the city because I'm no longer happy. I'm sending you this message just so that you and your sister know that I'm safe. The last thing I want to do is for you and your sister to get into our issues.

Orva using her control of plans used a small crack in the wall to sneak a vine into Julius office. We found out that Midas still wasn't back yet or answering his phone because he was still in meeting. Julius had decided to send out groups of royal guards to secretly look for her. It was the perfect time for us to escape but I knew we would need some help.

Even though Leona didn't like me after she had thought I lost the baby she visited me a lot. I had noticed that her and Yuri seemed to be putting on a facade of a being happy. I could spot it so easily because it's what Julius and I were doing. Things around here had changed so much and Yuri was right along with Julius as his Saber.

Julius seem to hate his father and all of sudden he had slowly become just like him. He had showed such brutality over these last few months. He wanted to prove to his father that he could do better then him by any means necessary. I had watched him cut down to many beings he felt were in his way.

We knew that if he caught me trying to escape he would surely kill me I felt it deep inside.

"So do you really plan to trust Leona?" Orva questioned as I packed a small bag.

"I have no choice but to try and get her on our side I have to get out of here Penelope needs me." I answered.

"But we have no clues as to where they have taken her." she replied.

"I know that but once we are out of this city we can figure it out." I said.

I handed Orva the bag and she draped it over her shoulder I will let you know if it's all clear. She handed me a small white flower which we could use to communicate with each other. She walked out of the room and after about ten minutes I heard her voice in my head.

"Just as you suspected the guards are not stationed all over as usually. It seems whatever guards are left have to be close to the king while the others are out." she informed me.

"Okay get to Leona's room I'll be their." I stated.

I slipped on green blouse, jeans and sandals then slipped the flower into my hair. My heart raced as I slowly walked down the halls. I felt like it was so loud that everyone else would be able to here it too. I bit my lip to try and calm my nerves and got to Leona room as fast as I could.

"It's seems Farah leaving is the best thing that ever happened to us." Orva smiled waiting at the door.

"We can't say that until we are out of this shit hole." I countered.

I knocked on the door and hoped that Leona was awake because it was still quite early. After a what felt like hours she slowly opened the door rubbing her eyes.

"Hey have you checked your phone?" I asked pushing my way into her room.

Leona shut the door behind me and scrunched up her face. "Hey Phaedra good morning, how are you? And no I was actually still sleeping so I haven't seen my phone." She walked over to her bedside table and picked up her cell.

Orva and I stood their quietly as we watched her read over the text Farah had sent. "What the hell is going on?" she said looking at us.

"I have no clue I found your brothers smashed cell with this text left on the screen. He left out of the room in a hurry he has been gone all morning. Most of the guards aren't even in the kingdom right now they are out looking for her." I admitted.

"I knew she wasn't happy about my dad wanted to take an elder seat, but I didn't know it was this bad. Julius is probably worried about how it will make our father look. The queen leaving him right as he is running for a seat looks bad. That is all they seem to care about nowadays anyway." she bit out as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I know that you really don't like me and honestly I haven't given you any reason to. I just need you to help me get out of here." I cried not trying to delay it any longer.

"What's going on why are you trying to leave?" she questioned.

I tried to speak but the words seem to be stuck in my throat like huge lump. Orva placed her hands on my shoulder and begin to tell Leona the about Penelope. As she spoke the tears fell from my face as I flash backed to the moment they took her.

Leona eyes were wide in horror and her hands begin to shake. "I can't believe they would do something like this. If my mother found out it could definitely be why she left. I will help the both of you get out and I'm going with you I have to find my mom."

"If your truly going to do this then we have to leave now." I replied.

"I had plans to go talk to a few wedding planners I had canceled but Yuri doesn't know that. So I will get a coach like nothing else has changed it you ladies will leave with me. Just give me a few minutes to get ready." she replied.

I sat down on the edge of Leona's bed shaking my foot nervously waiting. I had dreamed of getting out of here and now it was so close to happening. Once we got out I would try and find out where Penelope was sent. It had been awhile but I still had connections in the red districts. And Midas was shady as hell I'm sure he probably used someone from their to take her.

Using the flowers to communicate Leona scouted ahead of us to maneuver around the kingdom. If this was a normal day there would be so many guards we wouldn't have a chance in hell. We finally got down to the master stables and Leona had us climb in as she hopped in the front.

"Oh Ms. Leona are you sure you don't want a coachman?" One of the stable workers questioned walking out as soon as she shut the coach door.

"It's fine I need the fresh air I will be back soon." She replied. After a few minutes the coach begin to move. I clenched my hand around Orva's so tight I felt like if I didn't I would pass out. I had been holding my breath so long almost forgetting to breath.

"It's all going to be okay we are getting out of here." She said gently rubbing her free hand over mines.

I crashed into her arms and let myself cry softly as she gently rubbed my back. Being inside of a warm embrace made me feel better. Julius had been so distant in cold I had forgotten what it felt like.

Orva slowly begin to get off the floor and I pulled her back down. "What are you doing someone will see you?"

"No it's a one way window we can see out and no one can see in." she said helping me up.

"Look we are finally out of the city." she she gestured to the miles of trees that surrounded us.

"Now we just have to figure out what to do next." I replied.