Prologue

Prologue

It had been six months since we found Exodus black book and information about my father. Ironically it was all at the same time I was upset after Saxton told be what he had found out. I grab the nearest thing to me;a paper weight I kept on my desk and threw it against the wall. 

The weight crashed into the one thing I had kept in the office besides the built in book shelves. It was a large picture a bright blue ocean from the human world I like it so I kept it their. Just so happened behind it was a button that popped open a secret draw on the stupid bookshelf.

It was in that draw that we found the information that we had been searching for. It wasn't easy deciphering the book because he wrote it all in code. Eventually we cracked it and along with Hale we set our plan in motion. There were ten cities in all and including Crimson Rose City we had no taken down five. 

The last three were rough and we had a lot of casualties. So Hale decided to do a broadcast that would reach the entire underworld. He lied and told them we had no more information at this time about any other camps.

We had done a lot but the demons involved had there guard up big time and we didn't want any of the women hurt. So after six months we were basically on hold and it was a hard thing to deal with. Knowing those other women were still out there sucked but we couldn't risk there lives. 

The last city Woltes Peak king Nathan another scum just like Exodus set his camp on fire. Getting the women out safely was rough and many got injured. The coward felt no remorse at all he just wanted to get rid of what he consider evidence.

So we were under strict orders to lay low and regroup there was a lot that had to be dealt with. The kings that had been captured alive weren't talking at all along with guards, sabers and knights. Hale men had there hands full with interrogations and only selected trusted group were involved. I had put my issues on hold while we were dealing with everything. Especially when Hale came to me and asked me to take combined Korlendge city into mines.

Korlendge was the neighboring city to Crimson Rose city and also once had a camp. With each camp we raid we leave the city vulnerable taking out the entire Sept and army. So Hale put three trusted council members in charge of Blue Marsh, Colvit Valley and Two Crows. So Korlendge and Crimson Rose were split up by a dirt road, trees and a large fence. So it was simple to knock all of it down and pull Korlendge into my city which meant more work. We had gotten rid of ever trace of the camps and all Korlendge signs and it was all now one.

To say I was tired would be an over statement I had gotten so much done and so little time. Saxton and I had done the long distance thing for awhile as he trained Hale's new captain. I decided that I wouldn't ask him to stay but let him make that choice. Everything around me was pretty hectic but it was like moments with him put me in my calm place. Saxton was still the only one who knew about my real mother and father. I wasn't sure how to truly deal with it all so I kept it to myself.

My room door creaked open and in walked Saxton with a slight smile on his face. He plopped onto my bed and pulled me into his arms tightly. It had been a long time since we had a second to just breath.

"I promise we will take a few days to rest and then we will start looking into the information I found." He said kissing my forehead softly.

"It's been six months I can wait a few more days I don't even think I'm truly ready."I admitted.

"I know it's not going to be easy but you have to find out the truth." He replied.

Saxton had found out who the nurse and the doctor was that delivered me and then Julius that day. It turned out to be the people I once believed were my parents Clive and Justine. Exodus had told me half truths he was toying with me it was all a game to him. Saxton had found all this out for a hefty price from an information broker. 

The last little detail she gave us was that Clive and Justine were friends with Midas. That they had went to academy together at one point when they were young. Many beings gossiped about why they both left the city so abruptly days after the birth of the prince.

"I know that I have to know that I will never stop thinking about it if I don't. But to see those two again it won't be easy for me. I spent my life living a lie and half of it in a dream state. I'm so angry because all of this that has happened is because all these adults our so damn selfish. I was just the little baby stolen away from her mother and taken a long for the ride." I bit out.

"You should talk to Farah she is your mother." Saxton said pulling away looking down into my eyes.

"I can't do that I don't have any proof all I have is my words. If I show up their I will look and sound like the crazy ex who can't let go. When I decide to tell her I want to have proof that says look your husband is a piece of fucking shit." I replied looking up at him.

"Whatever you want to do, you know I have your back." He said pulling me back into his arms. We lay like that for awhile not saying a word just enjoying being with each other. I lay my head on his chest feeling the rhythm of his heart beat in my ear. When I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders it takes a second with him there light again.

We lay their in a comfortable silence until he slowly pulled away and sat up. "Now that your calm there is something that I need to tell you."

I could tell by his body language that whatever he had to tell me it wasn't good. "Just tell me Sax." I said placing my hand on his shoulder.

"It's Midas I found out that soon he will be announcing his run for an elder seat. That's the reason I brought up Justine and Clive I know facing them won't be easy for you. But if Midas becomes an elder before we unravel all this shit." He paused waiting for me to responded.

I didn't need him to finish what he was going to say because I knew we both knew. "If Midas becomes an elder he will be untouchable. If we find his links to the camps and my fathers murder he would get away with it." I replied basically saying what he didn't want to say.

"So you know that it's now or never we have to do this and you should tell the others there your friends." He said softly placing his hands on mines.

"Believe me I want to tell them but not until we know everything for sure. We have so many questions that we can't answers and I need those answers. Once I have them I will tell them but for now it's just you and I." I responded gripping his hand.

"Okay I have your back however you want to do this I'm here for you." He reassured me.

I scooted over to him on the bed and gently kissed him on the lips. Then I got off the bed and stretched my still worn and tired body.

"So I think we should leave tomorrow." Saxton suggested.

"I honestly never thought I would be going back to Landing Valley or see them again. My emotions are all over the place anger, frustration and relief to be just a little closer to the truth." I admitted.

I stood in the mirror staring at my reflection like I had done since I found out about my real parents. I kept trying to see if I could find similarities in my features between Farah and I. I wondered what my father looked like and I wondered about the life I could have had.

Saxton wrapped his arms around me gently kissing me on the neck bringing me out of my thoughts. "You are so brave you have been through so much shit and you haven't let it break you. You fought your ass of to get stronger, learn your powers better and run an entire city. 

This whole time we have been fighting for others you put finding out about your father on hold. I have seen it weigh on you at certain moments and you try and shake it off. We will get the answers that you deserve and will make Midas and all those pay."

I turned around locking my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes to kiss him.

I was determined to find out the secrets that Midas wanted to bury. I wasn't sure what would happen next but I was ready for it.

++

I hope you guys enjoyed the Prologue stay tuned for Chapter 1!

Will Clive and Justine give her the answers she truly wants?