Chapter 7

+

Chapter 7

+

I left Farah and Janeer alone promising we would talk more tomorrow. I was tired as hell but I was also happy to have my parents around. I had no idea how Midas would react to Farah not returning home but she said she wasn't worried. He would have no idea that she had come here not at first. But if he goes to purgatory I'm sure he will be able to put the pieces together. I have no clue what he would be willing to do to keep his secrets quiet but I was ready.

I walked down the dimly lit hallways the kingdom was quiet and it was peaceful. I got to the large two doors that led to my royal quarters and sighed. I was tired as hell and I couldn't wait to throw myself onto my bed. I walked into the room and Saxton was laying in bed covered in files. The yellowish moonlight danced across his light skinned bare chest as he intently looked through his files.

He looked to me with light greenish blue eyes and smiled. "I was waiting up for you so I thought I would get some work done. I went to my office and I wished I hadn't I was only gone a day."

"Yeah I didn't even bother going to my office I know there is probably a lot to sign off on. I save it for the morning I just want to lay down right now." I admitted. I stripped out of my clothes leaving just my lace purple set on. Then I climb onto the bed as Saxton moved his files from the bed on to the bedside table.

We both slid under the covers and I snuggled close to Saxton and he wrapped his arm tightly around me. He gently kissed me on my neck making me feel those familiar intense chills up and down my body. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. He rubbed his hands gently up and down my back tracing small circles into my back.

"I love you Adlyn." Saxton whispered into my ear. "I don't want to make you feel obligated to say it. I know that it's not easy for you to express emotions like that. I just wanted to let you know how I feel about you."

My heart begin to beat fast in my chest I cared for Saxton so damn much. But apart of me was scared to utter those words right now. He kissed me again because he knew that I wasn't ready to respond. And ran his fingers through my hair and trailed small kisses down my neck. He unclasped my bra and used his other hand to slowly pull my panties down. I slid my hands into his pants and I could feel he was beyond ready for me. I massaged him slowly as he gently nibble on my ear. His fingers danced across my body so carefully but each touch brought me closer. Our moans bounced off the walls as our touching got more intense. Saxton kicked of his sweat and climb on top of me slowly easing his way inside.

I woke up the next morning sore but smiling I rolled over and Saxton was still snoring softly. I kissed his chest and climb out of the bed even though I didn't want to. I would love to stay in bed with him for just a little while longer. Forget for just a second all the bullshit that seem to be my life. I took a quick shower threw on some jeans, sneakers and a gray cami and headed to my office. It was still early so I wasn't sure if my parents were even up yet. The word parents sounded so weird to say I wasn't sure I could say it out loud. When I stood in front of Janeer and Farah I kind of wanted this big family reunion hug. But it was like the other part of me wasn't sure about it because we were really strangers.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head, and walked into my office to see my desk piled with paperwork. I clicked my computer on to see a black envelope in the middle of the screen. I clicked it open to see that it was from it had come from Hale and was addressed to the other 4 new king and queens.

We will gather together for the first ever alliance king and queen summit. More information about dates and times will be sent to your phones directly. Each king and queen are required to bring two bodyguards. While also leaving a capable being in charge to run things in your absence. I will see you all soon.

Hale had been making a lot of moves to make changes to the underworld and this was part of it. He told us that he would inform us of his final plan to take down the final five cities that were left. It had to be huge if he wanted to call us all together to go over it but I was ready.

I grabbed the first file that was on top and begin to go through it. It was all paperwork to get the new business district up in running. Korlendge had a large business district and when many left they left their business behind too. So I had to get creative on how to bring it back to life little by little. The underworld was a mix of the old and the new and it depended on your city. I didn't want my choice to be everyone's so I decided that beings could chose what they wanted. If a being didn't want electronic and their houses then it was their choice. So we were opening up an electronic store but at the same time an antique store.

Saxton and the other had helped me and a long with reading I learned so much everyday. There was still things I didn't know about this place but I planned to find out. This was where I was truly from and I no longer wanted to feel like an outsider. I wanted to know the history good or bad I wanted to know it.

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I said clearing my throat.

"Hey Adlyn if your busy I can come back." Kingston replied.

"I'm never to busy for a friend what's up?" I asked.

Even though things had been hectic I had noticed a change in Kingston. I didn't push her on it because I knew when she was ready she would talk to me about it. And it seems like that time had finally come.

Daya

Sweat poured down my face as I repeatedly called forth my dark orbs. I slammed each of them at the target as I dashed through the training obstacle. I slid under a large chained rope that came swing at you. I flipped over a board that popped up out of the ground to trip you up. I rolled onto the mat panting in out of breath as Donnie walked into the room.

"Don't you think that you have been training hard enough you need to rest. All this training means nothing if your too exhausted when we actually have to fight." he replied.

He held out his hand and I slapped it away angrily. "Everyone has gotten stronger and I need to as well. I have worked hard to use my orbs as more then just reading device. I can sense the danger and the shit storm coming our way. It's hard to just sit back when I know something bad is coming."

"I understand that you want to help we all do but you have to be smart about it. I care about you the last thing I want you to do is get yourself killed." He said softly.

I hopped up off the floor trying to ignore the soreness that I felt all over my body. I had to talk to Adlyn to tell her about what I sensed in my orbs. But I wasn't really sure what it all meant and it frustrated me. My powers were still forming and I was still trying to understand what it all meant. I knew Donnie just wanted to help but he was treating me like I was a fragile piece of glass.

I had started to feel like the weakest link in the Sept and I didn't like that feeling. I refuse to not be able to fight along my comrades and help protect the city. I walked outside to get some fresh air in ran into a shirtless Wesley.

"I'm so sorry Daya I didn't see you their." he panted his body glistening with sweat.

"No it's fine." I replied.

"Hey Wesley do you think you could do me a favor?" I asked.

"Um sure what is it?"He questioned.

"I see you training all the time and I know you train with Adlyn sometimes. I wanted to know if you could help me train." I said softly.

I tried to train with Donnie but he always held back and I could never learn that way. An enemy would never hold back, and not training with that mind set would get me killed. However Donnie didn't see it that way and all we seem to do is fight more then anything else.

"No problem you have my cell we can link up and start some training routines." He smiled.

"Cool I will do that." I smiled back. I was determined to get stronger I refuse to be in tis weak state any longer.