Chapter 5

+

Chapter 5

+

Farah

When Midas had finally stepped down from the throne I was relieved. I thought finally we would get that break he promised. It would finally be about us and making our relationship right again. But all of sudden he tells me he is running for an elder seat, just tells me. It was just another slap in the face for me after all the things I endured. The kids where older and I had done my part as a wife, mother and queen. And I felt like something was missing in my life I wasn't happy at all.

Julius and Phaedra marriage was on the rocks after she had lost her baby. No one was sure what happened because the pregnancy throughout seemed fine. They had yet to try again and basically only came together for public purposes. Leona and Yuri were happy but she still seemed sad since Kingston had been gone. All I knew was that they had a falling out after she left the city with Adlyn.

I had tried to talk to Julius about Adlyn because I thought they were perfect for each other. But Midas and Julius both believed that Adlyn and her beliefs were trouble. I had kept up with what she had been doing and I was proud. I had wished I was strong enough to stand up maybe things would already have changed. I lived my life with a title of a queen to really feel like a glorified maid.

Midas and I had been fighting over him being an elder over my life being again all about politics. I had needed a break so when Kingston called I eagerly answered. She told me that Adlyn needed to speak with me about something urgent. And they didn't want me to inform Midas where I was going. Midas had been busy traveling to find those who would back him. So leaving our manor unnoticed wasn't hard at all he would have no idea I left. I took a phantom horse from our small stable and looked down at Black Pegasus.

The manor we lived in was centered right on top of hill that overlooked the city. Five years ago I have overseen the build to make it perfect. Midas had sold me dreams of our life after the throne and I believed it. I believed together we would sit on top of this hill and enjoy our lives. We would get to watch over the city and see it change and grow and just relax. But now it just seemed like a reminder of yet another lie Midas had told me. He had told so many over the years that I think he just did it naturally now. I shook off the anger I was feeling and headed toward Crimson Rose City. I draped a cloak over myself and hit the dirt roads that led through the woods. It took me about an hour to get to the city and I was amazed.

The city had changed so much since when Exodus was the king here. Beautiful crimson trees was planted a long the gate entrance. Two guards stood at alert as I galloped on my horse through the gate. I picked up my cell phone and let Kingston know that I was no in the city. I got to the large kingdom and Kingston waved at me at the bottom of the stoned steps.

I hopped off my horse and pulled her into a tight hug. "I swear I feel like you have grown so much in such a little time. You seem different I never seen you so happy before."

It was true Kingston seemed so different then she seemed while living in Black Pegasus.

"Let me guess there is someone special that has you this happy?" I questioned as we walked up the steps.

"Let's just say it's new and different and no one knows yet." she answered. "As much as I want to tell you all about it I call you here for other reasons."

She seemed to tense up and it made me worry about what could possibly be wrong. I could tell she didn't want say whatever it was. So I assumed it was something to do with Adlyn and that she would tell me. We walked in silence until we got to a area way in the back of the kingdom. I could tell we were in an infirmary area and I definitely begin to panic wondering if she was hurt. But that thought left my mind when I saw Adlyn standing in the room fine. She looked to me as followed Kingston around the corner into the room. The moment I entered my heart dropped to my stomach I couldn't believe my eyes.