Chapter two (Milan)

I'm sure of it, I've never seen a body this beautiful before. And ever since this person started working, the body became even more beautiful. If that's even possible. But I already loved it before. And those freckles. Which are perfectly spread over the face, not too much and not too little. Over the nose and beneath the eyes. Oh and those eyes. so beautiful blue. I would like to swim in it. And that nose, so gorgeous and so cute. And those blonde curls. It kills me that I'm not able to touch it at all times. I want to place my hands in it forever and just slide my fingers through that hair. This person is also the funniest person on earth. And before the accident this person would always find a way to cheer me up. But now it's only the other way around. Ever since the accident, all I see is a shy person. And, I'm almost afraid to say it but I see fear in those blue eyes. Why? I don't know. This person can trust me. But he doesn't tell, not any more. Secrets, secrets and more secrets.

''Hey, Maxxie. How are you on this fine Monday morning?''

I receive a weak smile. It isn't going well with him. But what can I do? What do I have to do? Will the rest of our friends also notice? I should really talk tot he guys about this. I wish I could just know what goes on in Max' mind and what he does before and after school.

''Max, we're already seven weeks in eleventh grade. We should be proud on ourselves!''

''Yeah.'', he says without any emotion.

Max lays his head down on his arms and stares depressed into space. I'm going to talk to the guys, today!

I create a WhatsApp group and add the guys from our group of friends, besides Max and call it: 'Surpise'. I send the following message:

'Guys, we need to talk about Max. Max is free at two thirty. Let's meet at the cafeteria at three pm. It's urgent.'

''Guys, we've got a problem. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has noticed how Max is really tired and depressed. We all know of his situation at home. One might know more than the other. But we all know how hard he has it right now.''

Everybody nods.

''I have this feeling that the past seven week all that Max' life consisted of was work, school and taking care of his parents. I think we should give him a day off.''

Everyone agrees and they all started thinking.

''We should give him the ultimate day.'', says Thomas

''Is there anything he wanted to do or see for a long time?'', another boy asks.

Everyone looks at me.

''Why are you all looking at me?''

''you are his best friends, aren't you?'', Tom asks.

Everyone nods approvingly.

''Well, yeah, but.''

They all looked expectantly at me.

''Fine, Fine let me think.''

After about five minutes a huge smile formed on my face and I immediately started talking.

''Alright listen. You all know Max is like really interested in nature and his taste in music is a lot different than ours. A fact you guys might not have known is that Max has always wanted to go to an opera.''

They looked at me with shocked faces. Oh come on it's not that shocking ...

''How would YOU know that?'', Tom shouts.