Chapter one (Max)

(Edited)

Their eyes are so beautiful. I have never met someone else with such light sparkling brown eyes. And all those birthmarks are just breathtaking, like every single one stand for a different story. I don't know if anyone else could look this amazing with so many birthmarks. And that smile. You should not get me started on that smile because, wow, every time I see that teeth showing smile I want to take a picture to stare at it forever. And no matter what happens, this person, this amazing and beautiful person will always be there to make me smile. When I'm down it's quite hard to cheer me up again, but this person has always been able to do the trick. I don't want to, no I don't think I can live without this person.

Okay Max, you need to stop daydreaming. You've got class. I know it's English and it's awfully boring, but you're in your second last year and all the last years are saying this is the most difficult year so you better not screw it up in your first week, hell it's still your first day, hour. If you're already struggling now to keep your attention, then you might as well just quit and become a garbage man. Not that anything is wrong with that but...

"HELLO, HELLO, earth to the boy with the grey Harry Potter T-shirt on. Introduce yourself, please?"

Oh damn... Please don't say I've chosen today to wear my HP shirt? I look down and yes, I have chosen today. Great. "Erm, I am Max Carter."

What else should I say? I have always hated these things... I already know most of the people in this class, and they know me too. Okay, I admit I don't know the teacher and he doesn't know me. But he can find everything his little heart desires about me in the system. Okay that sounded rather gross but you know what I mean. So why on earth do I have to tell him? Pfff, I hate the beginning of a year.

"Go on."

"What else do I have to tell?"

"It's ''What do I have to tell, Sir?'', for you", the teacher speaks with his annoyingly bossy voice. I hate these kinds of teachers. Can't we just be equals or something? "What about the same things the rest of your classmates have told me? In other words, that what is written on the blackboard."

This is going to be a long and tough year.

"I live in brighton, my best subjects are Music and Art, I am terrible at foreign languages, I am sixteen years old, I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up and no, I am not in a relationship."

"Well, that wasn't as hard as you thought, was is? Next."

At least it's over now. I look next to me and I see my best friend Milan grinning at me bigly. He's obviously trying to no burst into laughter. I can't exactly blame him but I do try to look angry at him, I fail miserably which only makes it harder for Milan not to laugh.

"Thank you for a much faster response than your classmate Max, next.", the teacher speaks. I should really try to focus.

"My name is Milan Prince, I live in Brighton and my best subjects are English, France and Spanish. My weakest subject is art because I'm rather uninspired. I am sixteen years old and I don't know what I will study after I graduate. I don't have a relationship."

"Fine, next."

I can see the teacher making notes about every single student. Why for God's sake would he do that. What are his plans with this information? How can the fact that I'm a single pringle be useful for him?

***

After a few more hours lunch break is finally here.

"Milan? Shall we sit outside? It's freaking hot inside!", I exclaim. Please say yes, say yes.