Chapter seven (Milan)

What time is it? Six p.m. Jer advised me to call the boys the second I knew something and otherwise at Six.

I groan and stand up. My parents look at me questioningly as to why I am groaning but soon realized I was just standing up. Well, just... I groan, a lot. Okay? Just deal with it because whatever I do, I groan. When I open a cabinet, when I move my little pinkie and when I jump on my pure white unicorn. I can't help it I just groan.

I grab my phone to inform the boys.

I've been thinking about this for the past two hours, how in hell am I going to tell this? It isn't that hard.

Five minutes later I'm still standing and staring at nothing. I once again grab my light brown locks with my long fingers and start to pace around.

Argh. This shouldn't be this hard. I need to tell them, they need to know. Okay just relax. Breath in and breath out.

I take three deep breaths before I sit down once again. I notice my parents are gone, I didn't see them leave but they probably went to get some coffee.

I grab my phone and go to our group chat 'Surprise'.

To: 'surprise'

Me:

'Guys,

Don't freak out but something happened to Max. You guys know he received pills last week to relax and against the pain. Max wasn't at school today and I couldn't reach him. But when I got home this afternoon he called me on Face Time. I answered unsuspectingly, but Max was acting rather strange. He was talking about little red and purple elephants and had this strange look in his eyes. I decided to head over because I was scared something would happen. It did. When I got to his house I found him laying on the ground with blood coming out of his head while he was shaking. Next to him I saw his bottle of pills, there were only a few left while their should have been an almost full bottle. Max took an overdose.'

I stopped typing because realization hit me. The tears fell once again down on my cheeks.

Calm down, relax, just breath.

'I don't know why he did it. I think it was just to relax but it could be for other reasons...'

Take a deep breath. They need to know.

I take three deep breaths before I continue.

'Max is in the hospital right now and the doctors are treating him. They have been for the past two hours and I haven't heard anything yet. I didn't want to tell you before I knew more, but it's already past six and you guys need to know. Right now I am at the hospital with my parents. Max' parents are in Austria and we haven't told them yet. You guys know how they are, they would come back here right away. They shouldn't stop the treatment. That's why we decided not to tell them until we know what's going to happen. As soon as I know more I'll inform you guys.'

I hit the send button. Please let it be good news.

It took five minutes before the boys answered.

Alex:

'Which hospital, the one with the elderly home next to it?'

Me:

'Yes, first floor, emergency department. I'm at the green waiting room.''

Alex:

'I'm coming.''

Thomas:

'I'll be there as soon as possible.'

Tom: