Chapter 7

Chapter 7

   “No offence,” I began, covering my nose with a hand to block the smell, “but you reek.”

   “Oh gee thanks, Kay. Way to put it nicely. Besides, what do you expect vomit to spell like? Three hundred dollar perfume, perhaps?”

   “Hey! I said ‘no offence’,” I stated, trying to defend myself, “and you’re right. I’m sorry for saying that you smell.”

   I heard Pip snort. “Saying ‘no offence’ doesn’t make the offence less offensive, you moron.”

   She was right about that – not the moron part though. Since I had no comeback, I decided to change the subject. “Guess who I bumped into before.” Pip didn’t reply as she was rinsing her mouth with water. “Well, I saw Payton and he kind of asked me out on a 'date'. I wouldn’t really consider it a date though. It’s just lunch–”

   The bell rang, interrupting me. My eyes widened as I stared at Pip. Crap! First period had already started.

   “We’re late for class!” I exclaimed loudly, almost shouting.

   “Geez, calm down woman. You do realise that there are other things that we need to worry about,” Pip said as she wiped her mouth with a towel. “Ugh, I really hate morning sickness.”

   I set aside the fact that we were going to be late for class and asked Pip with concern, “How are you holding up?”

   Pip began rubbing her stomach. “Not too bad. Still can’t believe that I’m going to have a baby in less than eight months.”

   “It’s kind of creepy though.”

   “How so?” Pip questioned curiously.

   “Well, if you think about it, there’s something growing inside of you,” I shuddered.

   “You make it sound like I’m carrying a disease.”

   “Whatever. Anyway, have you thought of any names yet?”

   “To be honest, I haven’t.” I raised an eyebrow at her when I heard her answer. Knowing Pip, I assumed that she would have created a ten page list filled with baby names. “Come on, Kay. Give me a break, I only found out yesterday. The only thing that I really care about is having a healthy baby. Baby names aren’t important at this stage.”

   “Ooh, I have a wonderful idea. You’re going to love it. You should name her Kayla! You know, after your awesome best friend. Only if you have a girl though… unless you want to name your baby boy after a girl. No judgment.”

   Pip laughed and shook her head. “In your dreams.”

   I placed my hand over my heart and feigned hurt which earned a laugh from Pip. “You’re breaking my heart.”

   “Whatever. So what did I hear about a ‘date’?” Pip asked.

   I sighed loudly, “I almost forgot about that and it’s not a date. He just wants us to eat lunch together today. I don’t even know why he'd consider it a date.”

   Pip raised one hand up just like an eager child would in a classroom, “Ooh I know why! It’s because he likes you!”

   “Ha, I don’t think so. It’s probably because he thinks I’m preg– I mean pretty. He’s only trying to get in my pants. Besides, we’ve only talked to each in person like twice.” I sounded so up myself. I hated lying to Pip, but if it was for her own good. I was trying to protect her. If she knew that Payton thought I was pregnant then she’ll probably do something stupid like tell him that I’m not and that she is. That would worsen our problems.

The Boy Who Thinks I'm PregnantOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara