Chapter 6

Chapter 6

   Without even thinking twice I went to the only place where I felt safe, Pip’s house. She was always there for me whenever I needed her and would assist me through my problems, no matter how helpless they were. That was one of the reasons why she was my best friend.

   Since I had stormed out of the house quickly, I stupidly forgot to take my phone with me. So when I turned up at her front door, she was fairly shocked to see me and I didn’t blame her. Pip saw my red teary eyes and without asking any questions or hesitating she let me inside.

   Once we settled into her room, she asked me, “Aww sweetie, are you okay?”

   While waiting for an answer, Pip grabbed a few chick flicks that we've seen countless times and a box of chocolate coated strawberries – Pip definitely knew how to cheer me up.

   Finally, I shook my head and tried to hold back the tears but they just kept pouring down on their own will. Pip hugged me as I sobbed and sobbed.

   Stop crying, a voice in my head told me. What your mum said isn’t worth the tears.

   Realising that the voice was right, I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. Once the tears had dried up, I forced a smile. “Aww, my poor baby,” Pip sighed sadly, showing how much she really cared. “Do you want to talk about it?”

   I shook my head again and managed out the words, “I’m not ready yet.” I wasn’t able to talk about what just happened. It was all still processing through my mind. To be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to talk about it. It was all too difficult for me, especially with all the lies were uncovered earlier.

   Moments passed as we both sat there quietly. Neither of us felt like talking. The peacefulness calmed me slightly. A loud yawn escaped, making me acknowledge how tired I actually was. “Pip I’m sorry, I know you planned the whole night for us to watch movies and to hang out but I’m kind of tired. Do you mind if I just go to bed?”

   “Of course not! I understand. You should rest. We’ll talk more in the morning, that’s if you’re up for it. If you want, we can skip school and go shopping!”

   I rolled my eyes and tried to laugh. Pip knew that I absolutely hated shopping. “I think I’d rather go to school than go shopping,” I admitted.

   “Oh, trust me. I know.” 

   Once we changed into our pyjamas and were laying on Pip's king sized bed, I asked her, “Have you told your parents about the baby yet?”

   “No, and I don’t plan to.” Her voice became quiet and slightly agitated..

   “Pip, you should. They’ll be able to help you! I know that you’re scared that you think they’ll be disappointed and angry but they won’t. They’re your parents. Besides, parents are forced to love you!”

   Pip laughed at the last part. “God, I hate how you’re always right.”

   I grinned. “So does that mean you’ll tell them?”

   Pip took a while to reply and when she finally did say something, her response was a no. Just like that, my smile instantly dropped.

   “Philippa…” I whined like a child.

   Even though it was dark I could sense that she was frowning which meant that she was thinking hard about my question. Pip groaned. “Fine, I’ll tell them. Not any time soon though, I need some time to think this through properly and I need back up plans.”