44. Nineteen Years Later

"Ready?" I ask Scorpius. He looks at the barrier in front of us, then up at his father. Draco nods encouragingly.

"Ready," Scorpius nods. Together the four of us push his trolley forward, through the barrier. The Hogwarts express gleams in front of us. Together we find a compartment and put his luggage away, then meet Draco back on the platform where he waited with our daughter.

"Can you see them yet?" Scorpius asks, craning his head, "can you see them?"

Melody, having the best view from Draco's shoulders, squeals and waves.

"There!" she yells, "UNCLE HARRY!"

Harry, Ginny, James, Albus and Lily reach us and Albus and Scorpius immediately begin talking. Melody scrambles down from Draco's shoulders to engage Lily in conversation. Harry and Draco shake hands and smile at each other.

"How's he feeling?" Draco asks, nodding at Albus.

"Scared of being in Slytherin," Harry laughs, "what about Scorpius."

"Scared of being in Gryffindor," Draco grins.

"There're Ron and Hermione," I say, waving to them.

"This lot had better get on the train," Ginny says, "it's nearly eleven."

I bend down and pull Scorpius over to me. He's the spitting image of his father. I smooth his hair back and smile at him.

"Good luck," I say, "I'll miss you."

"You'll write?" he asks anxiously.

"I promise," I nod, "go on, now."

He hugs me and then hugs Draco before leaping on the train with his cousin. We stand and wave while Lily and Melody chase the train. It rounds the corner and the platform suddenly feels very quiet and empty. Melody returns to us, tears in her eyes. I squat in front of her and brush the tears off her cheeks. If Scorpius is his father's double, Melody is mine, right down to the unruly hair.

"A couple more years and it'll be your turn," I tell her. She nods glumly. I take her hand and follow Draco and Harry out of the station. We part ways in the car park and Draco and I head home.

"It'll be quiet without him," I sigh. Draco runs his hand over my stomach and smiles.

"Not for long."

                                                                The End

________________________________________________________________

Well, that's it! The end of another story! Thank you to everyone who read it and stuck with it the whole way!